Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

Your opinion could be supported by George Lucas himself, but that wouldn't make it any more valid than mine ... after all, Lucas took away Han's decision to shoot first ... 'nuff said. But you still don't see Jedi using red lightsabers in any of the films, or vice versa, (or in the Bioware created attack on the Jedi Temple film for that matter), and to old schoolers like me it feels wrong. That's my opinion. It doesn't make it more right, or less right, than yours. Thanks.

Well, there is more to Star Wars then the Movies, and in fact there is an actual Lore reason why there was limited Colors during the Movie Era.

Technically, it was Blur not BioWare that made the Deception Trailer.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the removal of the color crystal restrictions but am worried about removing speeders or having limited white crystals. This punishes people who aren’t grinding money, who have multiply characters and new players. It seems to only reward rushing to end game and credit farming.

Now if they are added to a crew skill as schematic that would be cool but then why lower the prices so more people will already have purchased their speeder, thus will have no need to buy it.

Taking out content this early seems quite harsh and unfair. At least that my opinion, if I’m reading this corrected.:mad:

Sounded to me more like those speeders will be gone for good. This will create something akin to party hats and halloween masks in Runescape (though perhaps not as extreme). The items were available briefly and are now unobtainable. They are some of the most expensive items in that game (or were when I stopped playing).

edit: Cybertech's will probably get some neat new earpieces or mods. If they were the 'go-to' proffession for fancy mounts, they'd be way out of line with the other crew skills economically.

Difference is these items can't be traded. The hats in RS got so expensive that you couldn't even hold enough coins to buy one due to the way the game was coded and they could only be bought with other hats and items.

If you could sell these mounts then fair enough, they could become pretty highly prized in years to come but as far as I don't think they can be resold.

They are making them cheaper to encourage sales. Now, how cheap is the question. We will see in a few days though.

Here's a link to those interested in what the speeders look like. These are the ones they are removing.

CTRL+F search on here.

www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/speeder.html

Korrealis Sovereign

Korrealis Prince

Korrealis Baron

Korrealis Commander

Tirsa Prime

So yeah... they're taking out the coolest looking landspeeders in the game because of "customer complaints"? Why?

Why this arbitrary and seriously weird decision?

Difference is these items can't be traded. The hats in RS got so expensive that you couldn't even hold enough coins to buy one due to the way the game was coded and they could only be bought with other hats and items.

If you could sell these mounts then fair enough, they could become pretty highly prized in years to come but as far as I don't think they can be resold.

Post said they're removing the bind on them.

What i meant by the Sith Warblade part is that Traditions can & will change. Oh and my opinion is supported by the Lore and the several people in Lore that used Blue/Green while being Sith and the one(s) that used Red while being either Jedi or not Sith

Here's the thing. Those examples in lore were there for DRAMATIC effect. The authors used these anomalies (note, not the rule, the anomaly) as a plot device to set the characters apart. There IS a very definitive aesthetic regarding crystal color.

Now in SWTOR we can play against type as well -- it's in the restriction system. Dark side Jedi can equip Red crystals. I'm fine with that. But that's because they're DARK. I have a Sith Marauder who is a Revenite who wields red and blue sabers. But I'm voluntarily taking a penalty on the upgrade of one of my crystals in order to maintain this.

This very restriction creates uniqueness. Most people aren't willing to take even one stat hit. I am, in order to have a modicum of uniqueness. The removal of restriction removes any simulation of dramatic exception that we find in the Lore, and that you yourself pointed out.

I like the removal of the color crystal restrictions but am worried about removing speeders or having limited white crystals. This punishes people who aren’t grinding money, who have multiply characters and new players. It seems to only reward rushing to end game and credit farming.

Now if they are added to a crew skill as schematic that would be cool but then why lower the prices so more people will already have purchased their speeder, thus will have no need to buy it.

Taking out content this early seems quite harsh and unfair. At least that my opinion, if I’m reading this corrected.:mad:

Rushing to end game content? please, the people who rushed had 50 before New Year.

Levelling in this game isn't really slow if you put the time in and its been out over 2 months now.

YES! lets flood the market with color crystals that everyone can buy and the artifice profession cant make yet, so when it comes time for 1.2 they wont be able to sell any and people will already have them all.......

Listen to the artifice crafters BW!

The crystal vendors aren't slated to be long term. These are also likely BOP, so they won't "flood" the market, especially since these will be level 47-50 crystals anyway.

I believe that artifice will have plenty of business once the new schematics come out...

So yeah... they're taking out the coolest looking landspeeders in the game because of "customer complaints"? Why?

Why this arbitrary and seriously weird decision?

Not real customer complaints. That was a Vendor Role Play on words... But the reason for SWTOR removing them in game, is speculation.

You’ll also see new items brought into the game, including new schematics, Legacy items, a new tier of Player vs Player and Player vs Environment weapons and armor, Legacy items, new schematics, and the ability to extract base-mods from purple items, as well as many other changes and improvements.

Bugged article?..

It says that the pvp level 65 vehicle is going to be reduced in price and than removed?! thats so unfair for all the people who havent gotten to a high enough pvp rank to buy it yet! :(

Yeah the Sovereign (Republic) and Prince (Empire) are going. That sucks a lot. I am no where near level 65 valor yet lol. Doubt I can make it before 1.2 drops either. Then You have the Baron which requires Social Level 10. Not a chance on that one either XD. Maybe I can pick up the Commander and the Tirsa Prime before they go. Only ones that just cost credits, though quite a bit. Guess it depends on how much they drop them by.

Post said they're removing the bind on them.

I just spotted that a few secs after I posted. In this case I think the Social X speeder could well be one of the most expensive game items a few months down the line.

Not real customer complaints. That was a Vendor Role Play on words... But the reason for SWTOR removing them in game, is speculation.

I would say it's because they are giant eyesores that crowd out public places, the GTN in particular.

On the Internet you can find anything, including cars that fly, holographic projectors, and people living in underground earthmounds. That doesn't mean its the norm. Sure there are some authors (and artists apparantly) who portray individual exceptions to the soft rule of what color lightsabers are used by the two major groups of wielders. But removing the restrictions does not create a gaming world where exceptions will be possible but a world where there will be no rule to be the exception to, at all. It takes away a fundamental diversion that is visually a trademark of Star Wars pretty much.

Also, if every exception you can scrounge up has to be implemented as an open and unrestricted choice the game would become a total mess. Everything is restricted in one way or another, why not restrict something that actually creates a visible and common known diversity between Sith and Jedi?

In my opinion the restriction shouldn't be changed. I feel darksiders shouldn't be able to use a blue colored saber and vic versa.

Call me whatever. I don't think it should be altered. Regarding bikes and costs, if the "low end" ones are going to be less and the highest ones are going to be even more credits...then the highest ones should have a more noticable speed difference then the 10% that's between rank 2 and 3.

I'm not sure I care for the removal of things that a "casual gamer" like myself was working towards. I shouldn't be penalized for working for a living and not being able to get online to "grind like mad" before items "go poof". I don't mind working for something but I don't feel it's fair to make the requirements what they are...and then removing them soon and not have them purchaseable.

In my opinion.

Hmmm its kinda odd that you remove the restrictions for colours. I have made all my toons darkside thus far as its a lot funner to kill people and or punch them in the face then it is to let them go the majority of the time. Like on Alderaan on my tropper I got to punch some guy like 3 times within 1 minute, was pretty cool :p

My newest alt I was finally gonna go light side so i could use a green/blue double-bladed sabre cos I think they look pretty cool but now with this change I never see why one should ever go light-side because as dark-side you can either show sith corruption or hide corruption so you basically get 2 choices of how to look where as light-side doesn't change your appearance as far as I know. O well I've only made like 5 light-side choices so it's easy to go back evil from there. Lucky i read this post.

Also playing on the new oceanic servers how are we to afford the white crystals when they are 2.5 mil? Are they going to be more readily available by other means in 1.2 so it shouldn't matter for us?

Ugh. I hope they lower the Valor requirement on the Sovereign then. I've been working to get it, but I doubt I'll be able to hit level 65 Valor before 1.2 happens....

Also, been working diligently to keep my Sith Warrior in the "Neutral" range on alignment, just so I could wield one Red Lightsaber, and one Blue Lightsaber.....only to find out that it apparently won't matter, and there will be lots of people doing the same, that didn't.

/sigh

On the Internet you can find anything, including cars that fly, holographic projectors, and people living in underground earthmounds. That doesn't mean its the norm. Sure there are some authors (and artists apparantly) who portray individual exceptions to the soft rule of what color lightsabers are used by the two major groups of wielders. But removing the restrictions does not create a gaming world where exceptions will be possible but a world where there will be no rule to be the exception to, at all. It takes away a fundamental diversion that is visually a trademark of Star Wars pretty much.

Also, if every exception you can scrounge up has to be implemented as an open and unrestricted choice the game would become a total mess. Everything is restricted in one way or another, why not restrict something that actually creates a visible and common known diversity between Sith and Jedi?

What's shocking is that BioWare, to this point, has done such a fantastic job of capturing the Star Wars Universe. I really thought they got it (unlike SWG). This is definitely a crack in that understanding -- or at least on how it will impact their game.

Rushing to end game content? please, the people who rushed had 50 before New Year.

Levelling in this game isn't really slow if you put the time in and its been out over 2 months now.

Christ. What if perhaps you were working on alts? Which Bioware has made clear they want people to do. I have two 50's that haven't touched end game content because I am now leveling a third. Not everyone is so concerned about end game. Nor is everyone so dedicated to playing as we seem to be. Two months before taking out content is ridiculous.

As a light side sith, you can't use the red crystal and since the light side is frowned upon, why did no sith lord think, "hang on a minute, he's using a green saber, he must be light sided and isn't really one of us".

Especially when I pulled it out in front of the entire council and killed a guy in their chamber. The LS sith story hints at trying to change the sith from the inside, but if I could be found out simply by the colour of my saber, well its a bit of an immersion killer isn't it?

Same goes for the Dark Jedi, if they are a closet dark sider, yet basically have a big red glowing sign telling everyone they are, well why would the story continue past the first meeting in the jedi temple. They'd just take away your saber and refuse to train you.

1.2 update is not a huge bug fix. its additional changes and content. If they are going to actually fix the game, they need to assess the current bugs first then implement new changes after that.

You are incorrect. Game Update 1.2 has a lot of fixes, improvements and a lot of new content. You'll get the idea once our patch notes hit PTS.