Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

LOL now those are some sick Photoshop skills. How'd you do that? I don't even care that you're trying to defame me; that's amazing.

(Not a troll. Just a victim of shameless fanboys. Join my server and witness the barrenness.)

They've resorted to claiming evidence is photoshopped and then photoshopping the evidence themselves.

This is a new low.

Even for fanboys.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm not sold either way. Any pixels might have also been added when downloading or when converting to a different image type (from jpg to png and backwards).

All I notice that is odd, but does not hint directly to tampering with the initial screenshot, is that next to the 1, there is a line of fully black pixels just below where the light blue of the top line starts. This is the only area along the entire line where these pixels are fully black.

Again, this might have something to do with conversions to different image types. Just saying there is defenite proof that the image is or is not tampered with.

This is why screenshot proof is never really any good.

[...]

All I notice that is odd, but does not hint directly to tampering with the initial screenshot, is that next to the 1, there is a line of fully black pixels just below where the light blue of the top line starts. This is the only area along the entire line where these pixels are fully black.[...]

It's an effect of the overlay from the UI elements as text is inserted at a specific layer. There is nothing odd at all, you'd notice alteration once you have done some image processing as I did. Why would someone fake images over this anyway? If someone else was on or is usually on at the same time on the same server (s)he may either come here and debunk the story or confirm it.

Photoshopped or not, how many people do you really expect to be playing at 8:30 in the morning?

Atleast more then 1 ...

This is an MMO not a single player game. The low population on any server is currently the source of most issues players have with this game.

I really wonder if i should start creating another toon on a new server or stick with my current one where i allready have 4 chars up to 50...

I really like this game. But it's more a single player game then an MMO for me so far.

The overall republic population ranges from 15-160 players (on the whole server and not only the fleet) so far, depending on which time i log in.

I'm getting to a point where i can't wear my pink sunglasses anymore praising this game like it's heavens present. I really consider about just leaving SWToR now. And I'm sure many others are thinking the same.

I just wonder why Bioware isn't taking action, feeling left alone even more. They adress so many other minor issues right now, while they don't even comment on this topic.

It doesn't matter how good this game is if theres no one playing it. And the more time it will take them to realize that the more people will be gone (mostly forever).

There are servers like that in other games which are hugely successful. All these numbers are speculation or a small snapshot of a certain place at a certain time. Unlikely, but there could have been 200 people on the Republic fleet when this pic was taken.

On my server, Ajunta Pall, there are 100-200 people on the fleets at any moment, Republic dominates Illum/Warzones, and the neutral GTN is loaded with gear. Just because you live on a ghosttown, doesn't really mean anything other than your server is a ghosttown.

There are servers like that in other games which are hugely successful. All these numbers are speculation or a small snapshot of a certain place at a certain time. Unlikely, but there could have been 200 people on the Republic fleet when this pic was taken.

On my server, Ajunta Pall, there are 100-200 people on the fleets at any moment, Republic dominates Illum/Warzones, and the neutral GTN is loaded with gear. Just because you live on a ghosttown, doesn't really mean anything other than your server is a ghosttown.

So we don't have any right to call for a solution? Like server merges? Why are those players playing on those ghosttowns left behind and threated like it's our own fault?

It's not that we picked the server because we wanted to be on a ghosttown. We were just unlucky to get those servers that had a fast diminishing in population.

So we don't have any right to call for a solution? Like server merges? Why are those players playing on those ghosttowns left behind and threated like it's our own fault?

It's not that we picked the server because we wanted to be on a ghosttown. We were just unlucky to get those servers that had a fast diminishing in population.

Why insist on a server merger? Server transfer is a far better solution for everyone.

Why can't you fanboys admit that there are some fanboys that will go to great lengths to defame people who are only trying to fix this broken game?

It will be just like warhammer and age of conan, fanbois will deny, deny, deny. Even when it's down to a few 100k people playing and areas are ghosttowns, they still won't see the low populations. It's happened in all the games that came out that were suppose to be "WoW killers".

A lot of us had high hopes for SWTOR, and really want it to succeed but just like in beta, the fanbois, deny and pretend nothing is wrong with the game, and attack those that have anything of concern to say about the game. It's like they take it personal for some reason. I don't get why, they're not on EA's payroll. Perhaps it's just the fear of this game going the way of the other failures the past few years.

A lot of us had high hopes for SWTOR, and really want it to succeed but just like in beta, the fanbois, deny and pretend nothing is wrong with the game, and attack those that have anything of concern to say about the game. It's like they take it personal for some reason. I don't get why, they're not on EA's payroll. Perhaps it's just the fear of this game going the way of the other failures the past few years.

Naw...most people know there are issues with the game, fanbois included. Even the Devs know there are issues.

Difference being, the committed haters who are all doom and gloom deserve a sound retaliation from the fans. Those posters on the hate train don't care two wits about the success of the game. (case in point, the dude posting a misleading screenshot with one player on fleet). I see fanbois reacting to these posters the most; people with constructive...let me repeat, constructive criticism really don't have much to fear.

Edited by Cerion

It may be growing, but they are not rolling on the light servers and nobody should expect them to. We need mergers. No servers should be light at prime time. I swear they lowered the requirement for standard because I've seen my server labeled as Standard, then went to another Standard server that had double out pop.

It may be growing, but they are not rolling on the light servers and nobody should expect them to. We need mergers. No servers should be light at prime time. I swear they lowered the requirement for standard because I've seen my server labeled as Standard, then went to another Standard server that had double out pop.

No need to merge. At prime time there are perhaps ten light servers total. That's perfectly fine. Some people like to roll on light servers. They should have that option.

But yes...BW should offer server transfers for those who want to move to their preferred population density.

I didn't say anything like that.

All I meant was that taking a snapshot of a certain server at a certain time is nothing more than a snapshot of a certain server at a certain time, and not NECESSARILY indicative of the game as a whole.

I'd be jeeved if I was on a ghosttown server, too, and if my solution was "reroll" or recruit I'd not be happy.

Why insist on a server merger? Server transfer is a far better solution for everyone.

Not necessarily.

If it's done the paid way, people will be left behind, which creates an even worse experience for them.

If it's a free transfer, you risk the whole server disappearing. If that happens, just merge.

But in merging, you'd have to reconcile names of players and guilds, which would make a lot of unhappy people.

There really is no perfect solution. Other than "sell more copies and force them onto low pop servers."

BW is working on server transfers. Once this is completed, everybody can go where they want and the "dead" servers will remain there to bask in their deadness.

The test server thread says that they do not have automatic transfers working yet, but manual transfers are implemented. So read into it:

THEY.....ARE.....WORKING.....ON.....IT!

I love how people think developers can just snap their fingers and implement something so huge as server transfers as if it's like only changing 2 lines of code. Not only that, but they're pushing out this HUGE 1.2 patch, which supposedly is what they wanted the game to be at release but had to rush due to EA on their behinds.

So stop your whining about how they're not doing anything about it. THEY ARE. You're just too stupid and impatient to wait for it. Do the community a favor.

Now, if fixes are implemented and they suck, then QQ like crazy. Until then, however, wait like everybody else has to.

The original image looks legit. Checked it via filtering with my Photoshop installation at work and it's not hard to detect image alterations if you know how to use PS unless the guy made sure that contrast and tone-mapping are absolutely the same and noone would go to that length like that over such an issue. Someone just felt like adding a black square and claiming it to be part of the original will make people believe it's a fake.

I don't want the game to fail but I think the concerns about server population are warranted. Granted it's early in the morning in that picture and in no MMO I've played people were much present in morning hours but certainly in higher numbers than here.

Republic side on my server (Hidden Beks) seems to be very underpopulated. I am lucky if I am not alone in a zone around midnight time already.

It certainly differs from server to server, I am sure some servers have higher and even growing population, others however are on the opposite and the absence of a server transfer function usually discourages players from continuing to play.

Agreed

I just looked at the original in preview zoomed in.

It does not look like it was modded at all.

Now I'm confused.

It's not that confusing. Fanboys will do anything to make the game look like the pristine virtual playground they see in their mental imagery, even if that means slandering legitimate players with legitimate concerns. Then, all the other fanboys hop on board.

They've resorted to claiming evidence is photoshopped and then photoshopping the evidence themselves.

This is a new low.

Even for fanboys.

Agreed

It will be just like warhammer and age of conan, fanbois will deny, deny, deny. Even when it's down to a few 100k people playing and areas are ghosttowns, they still won't see the low populations. It's happened in all the games that came out that were suppose to be "WoW killers".

Agreed

It's not that confusing. Fanboys will do anything to make the game look like the pristine virtual playground they see in their mental imagery, even if that means slandering legitimate players with legitimate concerns. Then, all the other fanboys hop on board.
You're right - it's not that confusing. Moles, trolls and holes will do anything to make the game look fail in their mental imagery, even if that means slandering legitimate players with legitimate concerns. Then, all the other moles, trolls and holes hop on board pretending to pwn something that only exists between their ears.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Who cares? Try a kick bag ... it works better.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Not necessarily.

If it's done the paid way, people will be left behind, which creates an even worse experience for them.

If it's a free transfer, you risk the whole server disappearing. If that happens, just merge.

But in merging, you'd have to reconcile names of players and guilds, which would make a lot of unhappy people.

There really is no perfect solution. Other than "sell more copies and force them onto low pop servers."

I agree that no solution is perfect. But merging the few light servers that exist at prime time leaves no light servers for someone to play on if they wanted to. Transfers allow players to go where they want.

I would say give each customer a one time free CharTransfer for all characters on the account. After that, it would cost money.

I agree that no solution is perfect. But merging the few light servers that exist at prime time leaves no light servers for someone to play on if they wanted to. Transfers allow players to go where they want.

I would say give each customer a one time free CharTransfer for all characters on the account. After that, it would cost money.

A nice idea, but I would prefer free with a cooldown.

;)

A nice idea, but I would prefer free with a cooldown.

;)

Of the options, this one is best, IMO. It'd be nice for this to happen before guild banks/perks, otherwise it's going to get a lot more complicated.

WAR would probably be alive and healthy if they hadn't waited so long to merge. Hopefully Bioware gets this and does something about it.