Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

Apparently they are saying that SWTOR has 1.7 Million active subscribers, which is the same as it was last month.

Ihttp://venturebeat.com/2012/03/08/electronic-arts-reveals-new-mass-effect-3-and-star-wars-mmo-numbers/

No idea on when that sample was taken. I guess people really are enjoying it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm working on guild #4 as my 3 previous guilds (all pretty large) have just desolved because no one plays anymore.

Oh well, good times.

1. Your link doesn't work for me.

2. Guilds come and go, especially at launch. There are many people who refuse to join a guild for that reason alone.

3. No official numbers are out that I'm aware of after the last earnings call.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realy dont like to post on forums but,i got somes facts from my server to share.

My server(Veela) had like easily 250+ peoples on IF for the first month,then more 100-125 for the last month,since the last patch this more like 175+,im pretty sure this will go over 200+ for the 1.2 patch.

So situation is not so bad,just burn the trolls(pretty weak to fire).

Please remember that the confirmed 1.7 Million active subs include all of the new Asian Subs.

Meaning that they have seen a significant fall-off from North American and European subs.

Reposted link:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/08/electronic-arts-reveals-new-mass-effect-3-and-star-wars-mmo-numbers/

Edited by Ossos

Please remember that the confirmed 1.7 Million active subs include all of the new Asian Subs.

Meaning that they have seen a significant fall-off from North American and European subs.

Wrong.

Those numbers were release prior to Asia Pacific launch.

Wrong.

Those numbers were release prior to Asia Pacific launch.

Actually, it's right. Try the link again. the article was released yesterday. It even identifies that the number "...hasn't changed much since the earnings report."

So...it has the numbers.

I posted this in another thread that Bioware kindly closed because of the negative title towards their decreasing population.

Check out this site.

http://www.mmodata.net/

Even though he gives his accuracy ratings, most of the data seems close to actual #'s for other games. He also gives his accuracy ratings for SWTOR as a "B".

According to this site, SWTOR has 1.2-1.3 subs atm. I find this extremely reasonable 3 months after launch. (This was before the asian population was released, so I'm assuming the 1.7 million is more accurate counting asian countries.)

Personally, out of the 10+ people I knew playing this game, only 1 remains currently subbed. I just unsubbed this past week.

The game wasn't terrible like some mentioned on this forum, but from a PvP standpoint, it was unprepared for that community. It really didn't bring anything groundbreaking to the genre and played things way to safe. Additionally, the server population level is way too low for an MMO.

Unfortunately the game plays like a single player game, and in that aspect, its great. As an MMO player, I'd expect more of a social environment.

That's just my $.02.

Edited by DiscoEwok

I posted this in another thread that Bioware kindly closed because of the negative title towards their decreasing population.

Check out this site.

http://www.mmodata.net/

Even though he gives his accuracy ratings, most of the data seems close to actual #'s for other games. He also gives his accuracy ratings for SWTOR as a "B".

According to this site, SWTOR has 1.2-1.3 subs atm. I find this extremely reasonable 3 months after launch. (This was before the asian population was released, so I'm assuming the 1.7 million is more accurate counting asian countries.)

Personally, out of the 10+ people I knew playing this game, only 1 remains currently subbed. I just unsubbed this past week.

The game wasn't terrible like some mentioned on this forum, but from a PvP standpoint, it was unprepared for that community. It really didn't bring anything groundbreaking to the genre and played things way to safe. Additionally, the server population level is way too low for an MMO.

Unfortunately the game plays like a single player game, and in that aspect, its great. As an MMO player, I'd expect more of a social environment.

That's just my $.02.

Huttball is groundbreaking.

Love it or hate it, doesn't matter.

Nothing else like it in any other MMO.

Actually, it's right. Try the link again. the article was released yesterday. It even identifies that the number "...hasn't changed much since the earnings report."

So...it has the numbers.

These two articles I found seem to elude to the fact that the number does not include numbers from the new launch. Either way though, it's a good number.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/167905.Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic/news/138690.20120309.Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-is-almost-at-2-million-subscribers/

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/star-wars-the-old-republic-sitting-at-nearly-1-7-million-paid-subscribers/

Wow, a hater actually photo-shopped his screenshot to show he was the only one on fleet.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=354999

Zoom in really close to the fleet population in the upper left.

WOW.

:rolleyes:

Heh, you're mistaken. I don't even have Photoshop.

Us non-fanboys call this "fanboy denial" or "fanboy selective vision."

Edited by Anomorn

LOL now those are some sick Photoshop skills. How'd you do that? I don't even care that you're trying to defame me; that's amazing.

(Not a troll. Just a victim of shameless fanboys. Join my server and witness the barrenness.)

Edited by Anomorn

If I intentionally changed/altered/modified/misrepresented a source like you did I would be ashamed.

Shameless, like I said.

Can you prove that statement? Some guy shopped one of my screenshots to make me look like a troll. I can't prove that any more than you can prove your ridiculous accusation.

Edited by Anomorn

Shameless, like I said.

Can you prove that statement? Some guy shopped one of my screenshots to make me look like a troll. I can't prove that any more than you can prove your ridiculous accusation.

Everyone can judge for themselves.

I posted a link to that thread with the altered image you posted.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=354999

This link? All that does is show that my image is nothing like the photoshopped image you're holding as evidence.

Why can't you fanboys admit that there are some fanboys that will go to great lengths to defame people who are only trying to fix this broken game?

And why would you alter the pic?

I determined that on my own.

Why are you so desperate for people to believe you when you've already admitted to doing it?

OT:

Server population is growing.

:p

Edited by Azzras

The original image looks legit. Checked it via filtering with my Photoshop installation at work and it's not hard to detect image alterations if you know how to use PS unless the guy made sure that contrast and tone-mapping are absolutely the same and noone would go to that length like that over such an issue. Someone just felt like adding a black square and claiming it to be part of the original will make people believe it's a fake.

I don't want the game to fail but I think the concerns about server population are warranted. Granted it's early in the morning in that picture and in no MMO I've played people were much present in morning hours but certainly in higher numbers than here.

Republic side on my server (Hidden Beks) seems to be very underpopulated. I am lucky if I am not alone in a zone around midnight time already.

It certainly differs from server to server, I am sure some servers have higher and even growing population, others however are on the opposite and the absence of a server transfer function usually discourages players from continuing to play.