The PVP Patch changes in 1.1.5 are...

Rensel

SIMPLY AMAZINGLY GOOD !

It solves the medal problem completely. I'm a tank I get 10 medals, but this is great for healers who are very much needed and will get the same amount of valor.

Also, no more Ilum ! YEYE finally.

I would have loved seeing BM bags still though, as well as being able to buy the WZ commendations BM coins.

Good job Bioware ! Now get 8man premades, and put premades in their own bracket, and we're talking :)

Sorry i don't see it the same way, why take a part of the game away when you could of made Illum better and more complete now by doing this grinding to Level 60 or above is a nightmare, i don't care since I'm already Level 70 but at 1k a match you do the math. Better no, now we that are on any sever will never see the other side and with the balance of Imps and Pubs being off so bad, again we are just fighting our own side "stupid". Is this what the story of Star Wars is all about.

Bioware fail, just like Warcraft listen to the whiners

Sorry i don't see it the same way, why take a part of the game away when you could of made Illum better and more complete now by doing this grinding to Level 60 or above is a nightmare, i don't care since I'm already Level 70 but at 1k a match you do the math. Better no, now we that are on any sever will never see the other side and with the balance of Imps and Pubs being off so bad, again we are just fighting our own side "stupid". Is this what the story of Star Wars is all about.

Probably because they realized there is no easy fix for FPS lag in Ilum and no way to "balance the factions."

Until they can do so, there is no point in allowing the Ilum nightmare to go on any longer.

This is a band-aid on a gushing wound, sure.

But 1.2 is removing the daily/weekly bags.

This is just giving them a buffer in between the two patches to get people to stay long enough for them to fix the system.

Battlemaster right now means nothing. It doesn't. Neither does 70V or 80V.

The only thing it proves is that some people play more than others. Getting 60V requires no skill, and the battlemaster title is not a representation of skill.

Getting battlemaster bags from weekly/daily doesn't take skill, Ilum or not.

Until there is competitive PvP (patch 1.2), I can care less how easy people get BM and how fast they gear in full BM.

Maybe when everyone gets full BM people will stop whining about "LOLGEARBASEDPVP"

ilum is going to require a hell of a lot more work than what bioware can accomplish in a few weeks, or even a months time.

in my opinion, this is as close as we are going to get to a "we're sorry we fkd up" from the devs. ilum is atrocious, and at least for now we will be able to avoid it.

hopefully, in the near future (ie 3-6 months) we see a completely reworked ilum patched in. one that actually works

I think u are the one, that should do some math, my friend. With patch 1.1.5 u get already 2k valor for 4 medals + the velor for a win / loss. So, if u still can´t do the math, thats a total of ~3k valor for a match.

Now tell me dude, what is the bad thing about that? No more killtrading on Ilum? Thats sooo sad, isn't it a pity? :rolleyes:

The changes are awesome indeed and im looking forward to it.

Edited by Rayzen

Its anice change, but there will still be no use for the champ commendatiosn you get when opening a bm bag and beeing unlucky.

It's nice to get Bm tokens from fleet/merc coms, but i would like to have the other comendations i get during the grind have a use too.

At least give some stim/adrenal packs that can be bought for them (higher stack size than the for fleet coms)

or a way to turn them back into fleet coms

Probably because they realized there is no easy fix for FPS lag in Ilum and no way to "balance the factions."

Until they can do so, there is no point in allowing the Ilum nightmare to go on any longer.

This is a band-aid on a gushing wound, sure.

But 1.2 is removing the daily/weekly bags.

This is just giving them a buffer in between the two patches to get people to stay long enough for them to fix the system.

Battlemaster right now means nothing. It doesn't. Neither does 70V or 80V.

The only thing it proves is that some people play more than others. Getting 60V requires no skill, and the battlemaster title is not a representation of skill.

Getting battlemaster bags from weekly/daily doesn't take skill, Ilum or not.

Until there is competitive PvP (patch 1.2), I can care less how easy people get BM and how fast they gear in full BM.

Maybe when everyone gets full BM people will stop whining about "LOLGEARBASEDPVP"

im not complaining about the gear. but how can u say gear doesnt make a difference. Im in Full Champion Gear/2 Columi and when I attack someone in full BM gear my attacks are way weaker. Grav Round against someone in same gear will do between 2000 - 4000 damage. against someone in BM gear it will do 900 - 2500. That is a huge difference.

ilum is going to require a hell of a lot more work than what bioware can accomplish in a few weeks, or even a months time.

in my opinion, this is as close as we are going to get to a "we're sorry we fkd up" from the devs. ilum is atrocious, and at least for now we will be able to avoid it.

hopefully, in the near future (ie 3-6 months) we see a completely reworked ilum patched in. one that actually works

That's ok, send me a PM when it's done. Until then I'm staying unsubbed.

It's simply rediculous to release a game unfinished. First the Legacy System... which people already maxed and still the rewards haven't been implemented. Now Ilum being killed off because the state it was released in is simpy so bad that they have no other option but to close it for a year or so.

I'm not going to keep spending money on this game like that.

I think u are the one, that should do some math, my friend. With patch 1.1.5 u get already 2k valor for 4 medals + the velor for a win / loss. So, if u still can´t do the math, thats a total of ~3k valor for a match.

Now tell me dude, what is the bad thing about that? No more killtrading on Ilum? Thats sooo sad, isn't it a pity? :rolleyes:

The changes are awesome indeed and im looking forward to it.

3k Valor per WZ even if you lose is just pathetic.

All the people that are War Hero and up now did it with 1000 average per WZ.

And don't bring the 'they have no life and more time on their hands' cause that's what an MMO is all about; putting time and effort in your character.

But noo... people rather spend their time leveling up as many chars as they can, and as soon as they are 80 they want free Battlemaster for all of them. :rolleyes:

They ****ed up horribly. To the point where it becomes questionable if they QA tested it at all. At what point during them testing Ilum did someone say "Hmmm, this is fun. Let's go with this!"

Another overlooked problem I think is Outlaw's Den. How useless is that place? Very. No one is ever there. Why have merc comms when the only feasible way to get them is by converting warzone comms into merc comms? Another poor game design decision.

I for one and frustrated at the poor decisions being made. I can overlook the bugs as this is a new game, but over looking game mechanics is a bad idea.

Awesome is what the changes are!!! No more Ilum and its poor performance+boringly camping repubs in their base while they clearly are getting crap valor as us imps own all the points.

The extra valor you will get from wz's is another massive welcome. I don't feel sorry for those with high valor at all. I feel more sorry for the repubs that have been wasting huge amounts of their time trying to grind valor in Ilum.

Can honestly say this is the most impressed I've been with a patch since release! Look forward to running up some repub chars now.

Awesome is what the changes are!!! No more Ilum and its poor performance+boringly camping repubs in their base while they clearly are getting crap valor as us imps own all the points.

The extra valor you will get from wz's is another massive welcome. I don't feel sorry for those with high valor at all. I feel more sorry for the repubs that have been wasting huge amounts of their time trying to grind valor in Ilum.

Can honestly say this is the most impressed I've been with a patch since release! Look forward to running up some repub chars now.

So instead of fixing your leaky pipe, you just but a bucket under it and call it done? Open your eyes dude, they have and will be doing this for everything.

Not to be mean or anything but you're probably the type of player that thinks trophies/achievements adds replay value. That's a cop out on actually making a game fun enough to make me want to play.

So instead of fixing your leaky pipe, you just but a bucket under it and call it done? Open your eyes dude, they have and will be doing this for everything.

Not to be mean or anything but you're probably the type of player that thinks trophies/achievements adds replay value. That's a cop out on actually making a game fun enough to make me want to play.

But what do you expect them to do right at this moment? It might just be a bucket, but if it can keep the water from overflowing until are proper solution is found I am all for it. With that being said, a more permanent solution must be found and it should not take 43534534 months.

Not to be mean or anything but I am guessing you probably jump to conclusions about peoples personalities based on very little evidence.

See what I did there?

Let others have a opinion even if it differs from yours, take the pvp to the game.

But what do you expect them to do right at this moment? It might just be a bucket, but if it can keep the water from overflowing until are proper solution is found I am all for it. With that being said, a more permanent solution must be found and it should not take 43534534 months.

You sir, answered that very politely even though I'm obviously frustrated. I thank you, this community needs more people like you. Anyways, I'm too old and should know better than let a game get the better of me. I should just go to bed. I'll deal with this game when 1.2 comes out. For now, back to other games.

For the people wanting to see patch notes:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - 1.1.5 Patch Notes

UPDATED 2/28

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

Eternity Vault

An issue that could cause buttons to stop responding during the Ancient Pylons encounter has been fixed.

Karagga's Palace

Completing Karagga's Palace in Nightmare Mode within two hours now correctly grants the title "The Unyielding."

PvP

General

Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones.

Warzones

General

Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy.

Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives.

Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations. Champion Gear Bags are still available.

Valor gained from Warzones has been increased.

Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match.

Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

Alderaan Civil War

The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets.

UI

General

Codex entry popups now display correctly for level 50 players when they are unlocked.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

An issue that could cause players in guilds to be occasionally kicked from Groups and Operations Groups shortly after joining them has been corrected.

Enjoy.

EpikWang from Darkfall? Cool :)

I think they figured that Ilum's popularity was not what they were expecting so they decided to "kill it" in a very light way, until they can work things out.

Not to be mean or anything but I am guessing you probably jump to conclusions about peoples personalities based on very little evidence.

See what I did there?

Let others have a opinion even if it differs from yours, take the pvp to the game.

1k a match? You'll be getting 2k per match on medals alone, before win bonuses or finishing the match valor or anything else is added in.

Illum is one of the few things in this game that is terrible... It doesn't work anything like it's supposed to. Really it doesn't even make sense at all. What's the benefit in capturing the bases right now? What does it actually do? Why are the speeder flight paths in locations where you have to jump off and take a lot of fall damage every time you die just to get back down unless you want to slowly wall jump? What's the actual objective in Illum besides lining up and giving each other kills? It needs to be fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.