discuss your swtor experience here.tell bioware what you think.

Kaladorei

Everything and anything you want to talk about swtor basically, i cant create a threat for constructive points because they say its not ifyou put one negative thing.

So discuss the good the bad and the ugly here.

Personally my experience of leveling...OK

my experience of end game...POOOOR

my experience of travel system pvp ilum and ops....POOOOOR.

what are your thoughts...

Edited by Kaladorei

Greetings everyone!

We ask that comments are on-topic and constructive to the discussion at hand as well as relate to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. If the thread continues discussion related more to other games than Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we will be forced to close it.

Please keep the following in mind when posting:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you for your understanding! :)

Edited by Ellvaan

Every game needs time to grow and develop it's content. Not only is OP very vague about their discontent with the game, but seems very close-minded to the fact that games (MMO's particularly) need time to grow and develop.

This being said, I love how this game has some decent lore, the PvP system is somewhat balanced (a lot more than what most MMO's can say from their launch), although we all can agree it needs some changes, the companion system makes soloing a healer much more do-able and I like the crafting system a lot.

My only dislikes are the games current economical system and lack of items on the GTN.

Edited by Spell_Bound

Some sort of same server LFG tool would be good. It would be great if this could cover heroics also. Just a better interface on what is currently available would be great IMO

Companions. Lets have some companion quest lines extending and furthering their stories. Cosmetic rewards for completing them would be great and something to do at end game.

I enjoyed the questing. More variety is always good in questing. I like the voice overs and options especially.

Flash points are good.. maybe codex entries of bosses would be good giving some background and maybe talking about their game mechanics.

I would like to see more hubs personally. make every city a hub.. with GTN and venders then we could live where we wanted to instead of fleet being the most convenient. But.. players already moan about not seeing enougth players so maybe not great as some people are not happy unless everyone is standing on top of one another...

Ban speeders from hubs.. make them use segways...

Everything and anything you want to talk about swtor basically, i cant create a threat for constructive points because they say its not ifyou put one negative thing.

So discuss the good the bad and the ugly here.

Personally my experience of leveling...OK

my experience of end game...POOOOR

my experience of travel system pvp ilum and ops....POOOOOR.

what are your thoughts...

Personally my experence of leveling....awesome.

My experence for end game...great.

My experence of travel system .....no problem with it at all.

My 12.99 US dollars spent each month for TOR is cheap for such great entertainment.

I'm having a good time.

The good:

** Leveling is amazing

** Flash points are a great stepping stone into harder content

** Operations are very good with 3 level s of difficulty for whatever challenge you need.

** Dailies are dailies but at least there worth the rewards you can get and some of them are really good. They also give you a head start into very good gear for HM FP.

** If you like alts then you're really in for a treat. I'm a more single player that tinkers with alts and it's still fun.

The bad:

** Professions: They need work and I hear it's coming in the March patch.

** The bugs: BW really needs to get to work on some of these. There are some in FP, Operations and PVP that need to be looked at.

Additions

** PvP is Ok but needs some work. It's neither bad or good but I do have fun with it.

* The travel system gets me from A to B. Thats all I need. I'd like a few less loading screens and guess what. BW is fixing that too with options to go straight to the planets.

** We're getting UI changes, profession changes and a new operation coming in March and who knows what else. BW is doing something behind the curtain and I can't wait to see what it is.

** BW just gave us 4 options to adjust how our cooldowns look and fixed a number of bugs. Thats a pretty cool response to a player request and very quickly at that.

Conclusion:

The game is very good. It's still in it's infancy but I like that BW does seem to be on top of most things. 2.5 months into the game and things look really good. Not just for now but in things to come.

Edited by Quraswren

Meh.

The whole thing is just "Meh"

It isn't bad. Not by a long shot. Is it good? Some things, yea. I really just can't think of a better word then "meh"

lol that really is the best description I can think of.

This game is meh.

Edited by Gohlar

Lvling story was great

end game pve is ok but gets boring fast

end game crew skills/crafting very poor

end game pvp very poor

overall game experience average ( because story n levelling was good )

But im here for 6 months and i still have hope for good changes coming 1.2 :p

I am on a low population server and doing anything endgame is neigh impossible. Even queue in 50 Warzones can take 3 hours or more at peak times or no matches at all happen that day.

The population at 50 might be more healthy if people didn't immediately reroll an alt and abandon what they had grown. But that comes down to people might play only for story, hit the end of that book and pick up a new one, so I cant blame them for that. I did it too with a Smuggler and then Jedi Knight.

Axial Park is fun and I love the guys there but there just isn't enough of them.

I unsubscribed until I can transfer off or merges come. I might stay if I could queue warzones cross server to at least let me PVP every night.

I am on a low population server and doing anything endgame is neigh impossible. Even queue in 50 Warzones can take 3 hours or more at peak times or no matches at all happen that day.

The population at 50 might be more healthy if people didn't immediately reroll an alt and abandon what they had grown. But that comes down to people might play only for story, hit the end of that book and pick up a new one, so I cant blame them for that. I did it too with a Smuggler and then Jedi Knight.

Axial Park is fun and I love the guys there but there just isn't enough of them.

I unsubscribed until I can transfer off or merges come. I might stay if I could queue warzones cross server to at least let me PVP every night.

i think, there literally must be less than 200k concurrent players online at anyone time in swtor, the lack of queues' guilds, communites is terrible, its killing an already deaded game.

Leveling = Good (great some times, bad others = good overall)

End game - BAD (total disconnect, blah typical MMO end game)

Crafting - BAD (why bother, money is easy)

Story = Great (THE highlight)

Gearing = Meh (bland costumes, but I do love me a light saber)

Combat = Meh (had to find work arounds for a lot of things - too many skills really - and too much like WoW)

Multiplayer - Meh (on a few occasions it worked out fine - too hard to find groups for fp's now)

Chat/social - Meh (too many cut scenes for continuity - segmented - choppy - loading screens)

Carrot - Bad (no rare pet drops to grind for, faction reps, player uniqueness, etc...)

Addons/macros - BAD (love me some customization)

UI - Very Bad (no explanation needed)

Overall - Average (a few things are very special - others are baaaad)

Combat = Meh (had to find work arounds for a lot of things - too many skills really - and too much like WoW)

Multiplayer - Meh (on a few occasions it worked out fine - too hard to find groups for fp's now)

Chat/social - Meh (too many cut scenes for continuity - segmented - choppy - loading screens)

Carrot - Bad (no rare pet drops to grind for, faction reps, player uniqueness, etc...)

this^^^^^

I agree, though i think Crafting: Average (for fun, not needed with commendations)

Leveling my first character each side was fun. Leveling subsequent characters either side feels like a grind. The vast majority of the quests are the same. Whether I watch the cutscenes or spacebar through them, I'm equally bored.

Flashpoints are a lot of fun. Waiting around Fleet to get into a flashpoint sucks. I would rather be able to play the game than wait to play the game. I understand BW has stated better LFG tools are forthcoming but given their track record, I'm expecting a worthless set of flags on top of the already valueless LFG "tool" rather than something effective like the WoW tool.

PvP isn't my cup of tea so I have no opinion.

Daily Quests are rote, repetitive, and eye-bleedingly boring. I only do them if a guild group happens to be rolling out on them, and then only because it's guildies, not because I really want to do them.

Crafting is all but valueless at endgame (except BioChem), though I hear improvements are coming. Reverse-engineering is so broken I refuse to do it until I see a patch note that says it has been fixed.

I wish that the Stories were more consistant and affected others along with changing the mood of the Worlds more. Example:

The Imperial Agent can kill Fa'athra the Hutt on Voss while in the Jedi Knight Companion Story for Doc, after meeting Kaliyo (Agent's 1st Companion) you learn that Nim'ro the Hutt is killed by a Bounty Hunter. Now, Nim'ro and Fa'athra are still feuding on Hutta, even if the Agent kills Fa'athra. What is worse is that Fa'athra had been exiled from Hutta by Nim'ro. YET when the Agent goes back to Hutta, Nim'ro is very much alive and look, his & Fa'athra's forces are still feuding.

I wish that things would be more consistant and actually change how things look on Worlds.

Now, I know that they cannot drastically make changes to the Worlds, but it would be nice if it was a little bit more cohesive.

Especially for the Agent & Bounty Hunter Classes since they start out on Hutta and actually interact with Nim'ro. One would think that when Nim'ro kicked the bucket, the Agent and Hunter's would've received an "in-game" Mail or something.

That is something that actually has me very worried when it comes to Expansions and any meaningful changes to the Worlds & whatnot.

Aside from the comments about combat I agree with the above.

• Story is nice the first play through, but gets boring after that.
  • Too much emphasis and reliance is on players rolling alts, rather than progressing their end game characters.
  • The itemisation is awful at end game. There is very little variance in end game gear aesthetics.
  • The cut scenes in the flashpoints get annoying after the 10th run through. Especially Black Talon which probably has the most cut scenes of all the flashpoints.
  • The crafting system is shallow. It appeals to the non-crafters because they don't want to actually spend time and effort on it. But for crafters this means that they are standing around doing nothing, but waiting for cooldowns to end.
  • The gameworlds feel lifeless and soulless, like a movie set tour where you can look but don't touch.
  • End Game is just another repeat of other MMO's, with very little imagination used. Just variations of tank and spank scenarios in flashpoints with a few button presses.
  • The UI, especially the GTN UI, is bloody terrible.

However, i DO like the inclusion of little interactive elements in the flashpoints. The explosive barrels and the objects that certain crafting professions can interact with give a little variety to the flashpoint.

My Conclusion

The game experience beyond the class story is bland and superficial. I really don't feel like I'm in the Star Wars universe. I feel like I'm in just another MMO that is trying to steal a bit of WoW thunder, and failing to do so in the most part.

Being a class in the Star Wars universe should be more than just having a particular gadget to use and a linear storyline to establish a back story. The player should be empowered to create their own unique and personal experiences using a variety of tools, mechanics and systems at their disposal.

I really want TOR to do well in the mid-long term, but right now, I'm skeptical given the evidence we have.

Suggestions

In my opinion:

More intereactivity and life needs to be breathed into the worlds. Perhaps climbable ladders, interactable objects that open secret areas, more explosive barrels and triggers in flashpoints.

Variety and Options are the keys to success: Give the players more variety in things to do beyond the story and just running flashpoints continuously. Make them FEEL like they are actually IN the Star wars universe. Faction missions and rewards. Better Space combat. More exploration opportunities. Swimming and deep water activities. Day/night cycles. Pazaak. Pod Racing / Swoop Racing. Better role playing tools. HELL, JUST LOOK AT ALL THE REST OF THE COMPETITION FOR IDEAS!

For gods sake, don't fall into the trap of just throwing more and more bland and superficial warzones, flashpoints and operations at the game. That is no longer sufficient. Give them more life than just variations of "tank and spank".

Revamp the crafting system and economy: When everyone can make the same items, the system is terrible. When orange customisable gear is more attractive than the majority of non-customisable craftable gear then the crafting and itemisation system is off balance. When players don't need to give much thought to crafting and modifying items, then the system is boring for "true" crafters. More "supply and demand" situations are needed if the economy is going to be truely "player driven".

Open up the worlds more and give them life!: There shouldn't be vast "exhaustion zones" slapped in the middle of a map (Tatooine). Players should be allowed to dive in deep water if they wish to go exploring. Bioware are all about putting the story into MMO, but how about also putting the third dimension back into it too? Have mobs roam around more and add a little more realism to how they perceive the environment they are in. Add day/night cycles to help give the entire worlds a little more of a dynamic element.

And for gods sake, animate the sarlacc pit, don't just stick a load of heroic mobs around it and put a jpeg of a mouth in the bottom. That's just being cheap and tacky!

Communication and perception: Don't just give a tantalising hint and go quiet about it for a month or two. Don't resort to flippant remarks to scoff at peoples suggestions and desires for information. Give people a "roadmap" that details what you are intending to work on. Give them a reason to continue subbing.

Edited by Tarka

i think, there literally must be less than 200k concurrent players online at anyone time in swtor, the lack of queues' guilds, communites is terrible, its killing an already deaded game.

I dont think the game is dead, but I know I am having a completely different game experience than others I listen to on Podcasts or friends who play on larger servers. The population difference is a stark contrast and really takes away from the game.

The most Ive seen on Ilum, counting both sides is 16.... What kind of meaningful PVP can come from that? Thats just a warzone in a giant map. I hear about these epic 100 person fights on the bridges, and I go there ingame and see nothing but snow.

The issue is, on Character Creation day for me, 12/25/11, I looked over the list of PVE servers, EST time zone, and the server I selected was marked as Recommended. Not low, medium or high, but recommended. Now its a dead server and I would never recommend anyone go there.

TLDR: Low server population skews my answer. Game might be good but from my view point its just horrible, beyond the story which is actually quite good.

The game itself is fun and the story line is great. The problem that I have is that I enjoy soloing where I go at my own pace enjoy the story content. Unless I'm with a friend I don't do heroic's, Flash Points, Operations. Like any MMO you're forced to group to get better gear or gind the dailies. Such a disappointment. Thought I had gotten away from all that. If SWTOR could do manage this make it more fair to those that perfer to solo or group with another player say just 2 peeps would make the adventure better. Too me having been in groups before. Its rush, rush, rush hurry get thru the Flash Point grab the goods. That's not me, I want to enjoy the content that the developers put in. Just now my friend and I tried to do a Flash Point and totally got wiped. Seriously we all want epic gear we want it challenging. However, it also needs to be fair to those that aren't interested in grouping with others.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the leveling, but once I hit 50 there were a couple of really big problems. The first being that the Ops are buggy, and rather pointless. The second, that Bioware has absolutely no clue how to set up a successful PvP system that actually rewards you for spending 4-5 hours to do your daily.

In Bioware's world, Dailies, are defined as "Takes you all day". Belsavis I guess can be done in a couple of hours if you do both north and south, of course then there is Illum, a couple more hours. But hey, who doesn't enjoy spending 4-5 hours doing the exact same thing over and over and over again, day, after day, after day. Seriously. Dailies were meant to be short distractions you did each day between doing all of the fun things you do online. As it is now, you do your dailies, and you don't have time for anything else.

The RNG system is garbage, 12 huttball matches in a row? garbage, and facing pre-made after pre-made, after pre-made, is garbage. If they really copied WoW, then why didn't they copy the fixes for all of these problems? WoW had these same issues, but since they realized how stupid these were to implement in the first place, they removed them, or fixed the issue(Like making sure that pre made groups only faced other pre mades, or groups of the same Item Level).

They had all of the references they needed to be both successful and inventive with their endgame, yet they still screwed it up. Illum? That place just proves that Bioware makes the game, but they sure as heck don't play it, and if a Bioware employee ever tells you he/she thinks Illum is fine, then he is either one of the guys/gals who coded it, or simply lying.

So yeah, awesomeness until you're lv50, then you're screwed. Bioware will add some patches, but I don't believe that they will ever give Illum, and PvP in general the overhaul that it needs in order to keep the PvP crowd from abandoning ship. Oh, and they want people to test patch 1.2 in house, and by the way I read it, it's a paid position, and a few weekends of time. So much for getting the most needed patch since launch in a timely fashion.

While I am on a rant, we had no patch this past maintenance; I guess Bioware truly believes they fixed the inability to abandon quests. You know, they said it was fixed in the two previous patches, but sometimes I think they put stuff in just to make us smile, the same way they leave out certain "fixes" in the notes that would make us frown. Anyway, plenty of small things that could have been patched, but went neglected. Tsk, Tsk.

I really am sorry for the rant, and hopefully the ones who seen where this was going skipped over it anyway, regardless, I stand by rantage. I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel my sub yet, but it is looking like it. I love the game, but the frustration is beginning to outweigh the enjoyment, and when that happens it is time to move on. Perhaps I will check back in around 2013 once Bioware has real subscription numbers to work with; right now, with the successful launch, I think they are feeling a bit too invincible for their own good, and will neglect fixing a lot of things that never should have made it into live.