i love how they lie to us

DarthSponge

I agree i already have for the most part.

I show up to the occasional Guild NM/HM raid i main tank some times other times i OT. Then i log.

I normally play my sniper or i play the GTN for a few minutes or a hour then i log and play League of Legends or Skyrim.

I have posted numerous times in these forums. i have started Massive threads with thousands of views. no answers.

at this point even a yellow post of

"We are working on the issue" would be nice just to see progress.

I certanly hope they fix this or i may find that the lack of customer service is not worth my $15 a month...... :mad:

Seriusly .. have u noticed how much theyve fixed with the game in the 9 weeks since the game was released?

This is by far the best job ive seen by a dev. Im glad they put the resources were its most needed now at the beginning... wich is not, imo, hotfixing juggs.. But if juggs needs fixing (ive seen some nice stuff already from well-geared end game juggs =).

You probably wont have to wait for 2 years like say ...wow?

Its been 9 weeks.... give it a brake ffs

Seriusly .. have u noticed how much theyve fixed with the game in the 9 weeks since the game was released?

Yes, I have. And I've got to say it is lacking.

There's a lot of obvious things that should have been fixed by now, stuff like Defending the Shipment getting broken all the time. Or the stupidity of mission complete pop up windows closing other things, showing up during combat. LoS getting blocked by objects that aren't there, like a walker that shows up only in a cutscene. Likewise, many issues continue to exist with certain fights, such as HK-47, Jindo, and SoA.

Some of it, like harvesting nodes still breaking, that's just embarrassing. If they played the game at all, they'd have noticed it. And it should have been fixed by now.

Instead, it seems like they spend a good chunk of their time on PvP stuff. And the upcoming patch, oh, look, again, most of it is dedicated to PvP.

That said, from what they said about healers, it sounds like they intend to drop most class balance changes on is in 1.2, rather than the weekly patches.

Edited by Battilea

Yes, I have. And I've got to say it is lacking.

Slacking compared to what game?

As stated before WoW's class balance was a joke for a looooonnnng time. Halfway through Vanilla those OP Shamans were now the laughing stock if they were Enh based... and this stayed that way through all of TBC.

Shaman fighting a Druid? Might as well /sit and die.

As for Trion's Rift... they never had balance for PvP. All they knew how to do was move the pendulum so far the other way that there was always some FotM class/spec that would roll 2/3 others at a time (i.e. Chloro/Dom, Rift Rogues, etc.).

So yes, do enlighten me on who you are comparing this to?

the new video that came out says they have teams working on fixes around the clock....no they dont...for the past few updates i have seen nothing for us juggys..we need fixing but yet they ignor us..starting to make me stop paying until its fixed..

that is a pretty rude...and inaccurate statement. Your assuming that because they haven't implemented the 'fixes' you want on our class, that they are lying about working on the game. In General. they never specified that they were working "around the clock" on our CLASS.

There's far more to the game then just our class, and it isn't even in a really bad spot. it needs some love, thats about it. but they've been adding more to the game and polishing it more then any other team I've played with.

I dont' disagree that we need changes. And I also eagerly scan every update to see if they're there. But considering that I'm used to other MMO's taht will wait 3-6 months inbetween updates, and often still not fix the issues with my class...the fact that they're doign updates almost every week, if not every few weeks, is pretty good in my book

The point is, most of the stuff which needs fixing or tweaking (not only related to Juggernauts, I mean certain and annoying bugs like HK47 in the factory flashpoint for example, or UI issues, trade menu windows etc.) shouldn't have a need for fixing at all, because it shouldn't be exist in the game at all on release.

The argument about "..but WoW had lots of bugs in the beginning too" is not only getting old, in my opinion it's utterly wrong. Many bugs are based on non existent testing and other stuff (UI) is not a bug, it's a design flaw, which makes you facepalm...

WoW broke some new land at that time, BW just had to copy and implement a lot of standard MMO features, but they failed because of "xmas-release-preasure". I wouldn't be marvelled, that EA was the driving force behind this decision.

I bet they will have even problems to fix these stuff til march and therefore there won't be much developement rescources left for class and balancing issues up to this date.

Edited by Midichlorien

that is a pretty rude...and inaccurate statement. Your assuming that because they haven't implemented the 'fixes' you want on our class, that they are lying about working on the game. In General. they never specified that they were working "around the clock" on our CLASS.

There's far more to the game then just our class, and it isn't even in a really bad spot. it needs some love, thats about it. but they've been adding more to the game and polishing it more then any other team I've played with.

I dont' disagree that we need changes. And I also eagerly scan every update to see if they're there. But considering that I'm used to other MMO's taht will wait 3-6 months inbetween updates, and often still not fix the issues with my class...the fact that they're doign updates almost every week, if not every few weeks, is pretty good in my book

they actualy did say they are working around the clock thats why i posted this thread in the first place. it pissed me off to hear that so i got on and posted this.

1.2 is probably going to feature heavy balancing.

If you read the initial force push changes an interpreted the Bioware speak, it almost sounded as if the force push renewing charge was a bandaid on something until they have a more thorough PvP balance patch, which I am expecting 1.2 to be.

I swap between Rage and Veng DPS for PvP and PvE and I'm not noticing us needing fixed to much, a minor tweak here and there, but over all if played right we're pretty beastly.

The biggest issue with PvP atm isn't class balancing it's balancing Attack types, only reason Some classes seem to be better than us is because tech and Force attacks Ignore defenses for the most part. Once they fix that I think you'll see things in a way different light.

But if you're really having issues, you may want to go roll a Powertech, they are this games "Paladins" and hella easy to play and excel at.

Nothing broken with the class, nothing needs massive fixes.

Just a tweak here and there. If you really think the jugg is broken then the playstyle is probably not right for you, I love it and will not be roliing another toon for quite a while.

^^^

Well said. There are 8 choices on the Imp side. See if something else suits you. As MMOs go this game was in the best shape at launch of any I have played going back to The Realm in the mid 90s. Still there will be technical bugs and those should always be priority.

One of the worst things Blizzard ever did was start catering to the relative few players on the forums screaming about nerfs due to PvP balance. Most PvP success comes from coordination, gear, and reflexes, not because ":-( Trooper is too OP :-(".

There are already min/max threads available to teach you rotations and builds, gear choices, basically everything you need. Do you not enjoy melee? Want to dual wield? Maybe a dual blade saber? All those options are available in game now.

i just want my threat fixed...if damage is what genereates threat, then gives us more damage..i am tired of people saying oh your a jugg tank we need a BH or you sure you can tank this! like foreal! im a Sith Lord! i can tank whatever i want! im not saying i cant do it, i would just like it to be balanced out more.

Thanks for clarifying your concern. Jugg definitely seems more fit for single target (boss) tanking.

I have experienced the same concerns you mention. I think it's more a result of dps who don't understand or don't care about threat/agro. All we can do is use guard on the agro whore dps.

Or tell the healers to let the dps burn if they pull agro. ;)

Thanks for clarifying your concern. Jugg definitely seems more fit for single target (boss) tanking.

I have experienced the same concerns you mention. I think it's more a result of dps who don't understand or don't care about threat/agro. All we can do is use guard on the agro whore dps.

THe biggest thing i tell everyone in groups is this Kill WEAKS->STRONGS-ELITES. In that order if you do not do this i will replace you. The weaks die in 1 or 2 hits and like every other skill stunns them. So charge in the gold or silver smash stunn all the weaks the dps kills off the weaks while you tank the silvers and golds.

I dont have much threat issues unless the dps do not follow this rule. also tanking and agro is about 80% tank 20% dps. They have aggro dumps they have stuns. If they follow rule number 1 and then use their aggro dumps and stuns you should never have an issue again.

i just want my threat fixed...if damage is what genereates threat, then gives us more damage..i am tired of people saying oh your a jugg tank we need a BH or you sure you can tank this! like foreal! im a Sith Lord! i can tank whatever i want! im not saying i cant do it, i would just like it to be balanced out more.

Nothing BioWare does can change the ignorance and stupidity of others. They can buff us all they want, it won't make people less dumb.

Any group that passes you over because of your class is one you don't want to be in anyways.

Weak argument if you ask me, The DPS job is to deal huge amounts of damage to mobs, OUR job is to keep threat of them. PT's & Assassins are both great AoE tankers and single target tankers.. We can only keep main target threat but are severely lacking in the AoE department. That's unfariness.

We don't have an AoE ability that does 3-4k damage over 3 seconds with a 1min CD, We don't have any threat generating abilities at all except for backhand. I don't even see the purpose of going Immortal, I go Vengeance and tank better.

Here are two things that would make the Jugg on par with the PT & As..

~ An AoE ability that does moderate amount of damage over time and generates threat

~ Give the Immortal tree talents that add threat to current abilities.

the new video that came out says they have teams working on fixes around the clock....no they dont...for the past few updates i have seen nothing for us juggys..we need fixing but yet they ignor us..starting to make me stop paying until its fixed..

Just because they didnt fix your class doesnt mean they are not working around the clock.

But I agree that juggs could use a little loving. I feel like I do very low dps in pvp. Yes great I can take "a lot" of damage thats awesome. But I cant kill a damn thing, even if they enemy has a sliver of life left its ridiculous. I had a battlemaster jugg burning on me and I didnt even break a sweat I just ran away. So I know its not a gear issue its the class. I know its a support class but damn its very frustrating when I cant kill sh*t.

Edited by Folgrin

Weak argument if you ask me, The DPS job is to deal huge amounts of damage to mobs, OUR job is to keep threat of them. PT's & Assassins are both great AoE tankers and single target tankers.. We can only keep main target threat but are severely lacking in the AoE department. That's unfariness.

We don't have an AoE ability that does 3-4k damage over 3 seconds with a 1min CD, We don't have any threat generating abilities at all except for backhand. I don't even see the purpose of going Immortal, I go Vengeance and tank better.

Here are two things that would make the Jugg on par with the PT & As..

~ An AoE ability that does moderate amount of damage over time and generates threat

~ Give the Immortal tree talents that add threat to current abilities.

I believe we are also the only tank that gets a penalty for using tank stance.

Nothing broken with the class, nothing needs massive fixes.

Just a tweak here and there. If you really think the jugg is broken then the playstyle is probably not right for you, I love it and will not be roliing another toon for quite a while.

I was the same way, thought my jugg was cool and all, then speced my powertech to full shieldtech- compared to my full immortal jugg, the PT blows the jugg out of the water in just about every category it isn't even funny.

When it comes to HM's and needing enough dps (even from a tank) to beat enrage timers... you'll struggle on a jugg, you won't on a PT.

Edited by Sookster

I swap between Rage and Veng DPS for PvP and PvE and I'm not noticing us needing fixed to much, a minor tweak here and there, but over all if played right we're pretty beastly.

The biggest issue with PvP atm isn't class balancing it's balancing Attack types, only reason Some classes seem to be better than us is because tech and Force attacks Ignore defenses for the most part. Once they fix that I think you'll see things in a way different light.

But if you're really having issues, you may want to go roll a Powertech, they are this games "Paladins" and hella easy to play and excel at.

So much this. If all attacks could be shielded and defended against, not only would Tanks finally be true tanks, but classes who focus on Tech/Force attacks (Arsenal Merc, Sorcerer), wouldn't be as overwhelmingly good.

Juggernaut DPS doesn't need much love - maybe increase the damage that Ravage does so that we actually want to use it as more than just a filler. Tanking, though, I do agree, we need some love there. Threat and general survivability is far too much of a problem.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.