So ..apparently our hiltbutt is more deadly than the blade itself???

HexHammer

Pommel Strike

1127 - 1148 kinetic damage to weak/normal targets

825 - 846 kinetic damage to strong targets

Vicious Slash

828 - 478 damage

Eeeeh?

DON'T QUESTION IT.

Also, it's pretty much unusable 99.9999999% of the time (barring whilst leveling/doing dailies), so don't worry about it =P

Works 100% of the time.

If all conditions are met as described in the Description of the skill.

Bashes the target, dealing 2379 - 2442 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets, and 1740 - 1802 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

Target must be incapacitated (e.g. Stunned)

Target most be weak/standard/strong (Star and above including People (pvp) are not in this category)

Edited by MetleAntiga

I felt the same way about it, for an attack that is supposed to basically be instant death for trash the animation seems kinda lacking... Oh well, there are worse things to rage about.
It's not so much the animaion, as much as the idea of a blunt object anyone can weild, can do more damage than a super duber high tech saberblade of light ..whaaaat?

I just pretend that when fighting we actually never hit with the blade. The opponent dodge and parry untill we wear down his defenses and ultimately land the killing blow with the blade. And hiltstrike is an attack that we augment with the force.

And here I thought I was the only person who thought this way! Good to know there are other crazies out there. :D

I just pretend that when fighting we actually never hit with the blade. The opponent dodge and parry untill we wear down his defenses and ultimately land the killing blow with the blade. And hiltstrike is an attack that we augment with the force.

I like that :D got my new hilt strike image.

I take an escrima class, and let me tell ya... it hurts a LOT to be hit with the hilt of any weapon. while there's less momentum because the distance from the shoulder to the hilt is shorter than the middle of the blade, it's closer to the large muscles and still packs a lot of power.

It's not so much the animaion, as much as the idea of a blunt object anyone can weild, can do more damage than a super duber high tech saberblade of light ..whaaaat?

Read what you just typed again, you're trying to apply logic to a "super duber high tech saberblade of light", as if such a thing would exist in the first place!

Still, it would've been nice if our high damage, circumstancial minionkilling power, had some awesome animation that made its use something to look forward to, rather than a mandatory usage, cause of that high damage.

It could've been called 'Coup de grace' (since the target is incapacitated) and could resemble a beheading or a thrust to the heart, at least something truly definitive! A swordhilt to the face, while probably extremely nasty and damaging, just doesn't have the same 'impact'.

As a previous poster said 'lack of soul'.

Still, it would've been nice if our high damage, circumstancial minionkilling power, had some awesome animation that made its use something to look forward to, rather than a mandatory usage, cause of that high damage.

It could've been called 'Coup de grace' (since the target is incapacitated) and could resemble a beheading or a thrust to the heart, at least something truly definitive! A swordhilt to the face, while probably extremely nasty and damaging, just doesn't have the same 'impact'.

As a previous poster said 'lack of soul'.

I would much prefer that really cool animations are on abilities i use often. I haven't used hilt strike or butt or whatever since i first got it and wanted to see what it looks like. Situational abilities that you rarely use shouldn't have the coolest animation around. But that's just my opinion.

I would much prefer that really cool animations are on abilities i use often. I haven't used hilt strike or butt or whatever since i first got it and wanted to see what it looks like. Situational abilities that you rarely use shouldn't have the coolest animation around. But that's just my opinion.

Fair enough. Not the coolest, but also cool. Cooler than hiltbutting at least. Hiltbutting someone would make for a nice knockback or stunpower, not one of the hardest hitting abilities in our arsenal. In the end though, I don't mind that much. It's just fun playing with the thought!

Read what you just typed again, you're trying to apply logic to a "super duber high tech saberblade of light", as if such a thing would exist in the first place!

Rubbish. Some common sense still applies even in a fantasy/scifi setting.

Fair enough. Not the coolest, but also cool. Cooler than hiltbutting at least. Hiltbutting someone would make for a nice knockback or stunpower, not one of the hardest hitting abilities in our arsenal. In the end though, I don't mind that much. It's just fun playing with the thought!

I'm Immortal, so I guess i don't care since i'm backhanding people all the time. Then again, pimp slap > hilt strick imo.

I enjoy choking a mob and using the hilt bash. Makes me feel like I'm cheap-shot (ing) them in the stomach.

........ (ME) ... (VICTIM)

...............0.......... 0

............../|\........./|\

lll______/\_____/\___________

..............0 .... \|/

............./|\ .... |\

_______/\_____________________

.............0 ___\

............\|/"... |\

______/\_____________________

........./|\

_____/\_______>----@________________

Edited by jackrunip

Works 100% of the time.

If all conditions are met as described in the Description of the skill.

Target must be incapacitated (e.g. Stunned)

Target most be weak/standard/strong (Star and above including People (pvp) are not in this category)

Wich makes it totally useless exept for Imortal speced juggs perhaps .... against mobs that arent "that tough to begin with" ... Maras has no way AT ALL to be able to use it , without help from either quinn or anothjer player.

Remove talent, or put it as a 1 pointer somewhere in imortal tree for juggs , theres no reason whatsoever to even pick up that skill at the trainer (besides that the trainer doesnt have "u got a new skill to train all the time")

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.