This game lacks epeen

Eddizel

Exactly. Those "hardcore" have clearly got to the stage where they need thier egos stroked and I trying to convince us that we can't have the game without them.

I find it all rather amusing, as the game will continue quite well without them and they just can not get over that fact.

Hardcore players help devs to keep the content challenging, btw.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I hear epeen i imagine the cool looking mounts/armors/weapons of WoW. As a casual gamer, (i am at lvl 43 now, played since launch), that kind of stuff inspires me to get better and eventually raid.

To the part of the casual crowd who are complaining that people shouldn't have better gear for completing more difficult content...

UHM WHAT?!?!?!

People having better/cooler gear does not effect you in any way, unless a person is a dick and is comparing gearscore or whatever

That is a problem, but not all people who get the best gear act that way

I think that high level gear should be attainable three ways, Raiding (for PvE), PvP (for PvP), and crafting that produces gear of similar stats but much more diverse appearance wise

NOTE: crafting the highest level of gear should involve more than sending companions out on missions, something like the magenta crystal now that involves several steps and battles to create

As a casual gamer, i feel like the hardcore community adds a lot, whether it is sites that help me FIND the mobs i need to kill (not a problem in swtor, but just an example) or strategies on how to kill bosses or theorycrafting to help me with my talent trees

I hope BW adds some content for the hardcore-ers and keeps them around

The 'complaints' are precisely that, feedback. I agree with you, but there is nothing wrong with the many, many players voicing their concerns about the end game content. It is justified, and hopefully Bioware adjusts accordingly in the 1.2 operation.

Th "complaints" are not feedback. They are pure amd simple whining. Hell, go over to Tera forums for instance.

Game will be out in June and people are already going "Oh what I´m really worried about is endgame content" which leads me to believe they dont even want to enjoy the game leveling , it´s just getting to max lvl and then the game starts.

Some people have sick mentalities, I´m sorry to put it this way but nothing else omes to mind. If you have the meantality "My game only starts at max level" it´s bound to happen you will be complaining about content 2 weeks from release. If they put very hard raids at the end you will not complain about content but you will complain about the game being hard.

When both outcomes have the "false" value at the end, there´s really not much to do that can help you.

You're talking about amateur hardcores (often ex-hardcores)...

Now that´s a new concept. Amateur means you´re unexperienced. It doesn´t apply to this sentence I´m afraid.

Edited by Agenteusa

Talk about hitting the nail on the head Agenteusa. For me a game is always about the journey not the destination. My game doesn't start at level 50 it starts at level 1. I have had more fun in every MMO I've played leveling than at max level. But that's just me. Edited by DarthKhaos

If i had my way, i would stop my country's car dealers from importing Lambos, Ferraris and Porche.

So everyone would be driving regular cars instead of flashy sports car, next to me thinking " my car is better then yours" attitude. I mean so what they are rich and can afford ? So what they dont mind spending that kind of money? I hate the "minds better then yours" attitude, even though they might not show it, even though they maybe just pure sports car ethusiast, even though i"ll probably never mix with the likes of them, those rich, arrogant ***holes.

Edited by crimsonsglory

If i had my way, i would stop my country's car dealers from importing Lambos, Ferraris and Porche.

So everyone would be driving regular cars instead of flashy sports car, next to me thinking " my car is better then yours" attitude. I mean so what they are rich and can afford ? So what they dont mind spending that kind of money? I hate the "minds better then yours" attitude, even though they might not show it, even though they maybe just pure sports car ethusiast, even though i"ll probably never mix with the likes of them, those rich, arrogant ***holes.

Mmm, good points are good.

Edited by Anomorn

Game will be out in June and people are already going "Oh what I´m really worried about is endgame content" which leads me to believe they dont even want to enjoy the game leveling , it´s just getting to max lvl and then the game starts.

Some people have sick mentalities, I´m sorry to put it this way but nothing else omes to mind. If you have the meantality "My game only starts at max level" it´s bound to happen you will be complaining about content 2 weeks from release. If they put very hard raids at the end you will not complain about content but you will complain about the game being hard.

this statement is not entirely true at all.

the problem is not the mentality of people thinking the game starts at max level, thats actually correct for the most part.

the reality is if an mmo game is good you will spend years at max level.

compared to the hours you might spend on a single level, the years at end game is where its really at.

however then comes the problem : "no lifers"

those people who can sit at home and play the game 18 hours a day.

yes these people will be at end game in a couple weeks and then be on the forums whining about there is nothing to do.

the fault here is not in the games or the mentality. its simply that these people have no lives and its impossible for any single game to keep up with the amount of time they have available.

no amount of "whining" is going to solve this issue.

you either

A : cater to their needs by making elite modes noone else has time for

B : ignore them and watch them cry on the forums until they move to the next game

...and honestly most of these no lifers are going to leave as soon as another game comes out anyways, so going with option A is really a waste of your time....

Edited by -Fritz-

Reads Fritz's post above.

Exactly. Exactly. I play 16-20 hours/week and am still enjoying my first (and only) character.

Dailies (for money), PvP, occasional flashpoint/raid. plenty of stuff for the casual to semi-casual to do.

Bigger problem is server population. They have 130 servers, designed to hold around 2 million active subs. Need to reduce that by about 33%, to match the actual sub base that's active these days. We all know these servers can reasonably hold 300 active on the same planet. They need to make this happen.

When you have 200-250 people in the evenings on Imperial Fleet (on average, consistently), stop closing servers down.

Edited by islander

the problem is not the mentality of people thinking the game starts at max level, thats actually correct for the most part.

the reality is if an mmo game is good you will spend years at max level.

compared to the hours you might spend on a single level, the years at end game is where its really at.

The statement is true indeed, I filtered "some people" and I´m giving an opinion based on what I think, not a fact.

And if you think it´s correct that a game only starts at max level, it´s fine , it´s your opinion. I find it wrong though. If you tell me from max level on it´s a whole different beast, I can agree with you there. But you still have to get there and whether you make it an enjoyable experience or not it´s up to you.

Plus, as stated I was commenting on asking for content when a game is like 1 month old, not 3 years from now. I would rather see game breaking mechanics and bugs fixed before more content is introduced.

Plus, a note of advice for raiders that find the HM/NiM ops easy. It´s obvious if I was doing the content with my former wow guild it would be trivial, I agree there.

Try doing it with people that are learning (ie. not much experience in mmo´s) and you will find a challenge there, I will guarantee you it´s not that easy, plus you can introduce some more gamers to the mmo community.

Seems a fair bet doesn´t it?

Without something to work towards, there is no purpose to playing. You don't need to be "hardcore" in TOR to complete progression. Everything is just too easy and not time consuming enough in this game.

Why developers keep thinking the easy route is the path to success baffles me. WoW didn't get popular because it was easy, it got popular because hardcore players made it popular, then the band wagon casuals flooded in and took over, turning it into easy mode. It happens in every aspect of life, not just games. The niche communities makes things popular, not the wagon jumpers.

Umm, WOW was the easiest MMO to release at that time period. It became BIG because it was released at the perfect time and was stupid easy to "max". WOW ushered in a the generation of easy mode mmos.

Get rid of quest reward equipment or make it worse than randomly generated loot. There is a reason borderlands and Diablo are loved. Randomly generated loot interests casuals as well as hardcore people that will play for years to find that one item to complete their toon.

Umm, WOW was the easiest MMO to release at that time period. It became BIG because it was released at the perfect time and was stupid easy to "max". WOW ushered in a the generation of easy mode mmos.

Get rid of quest reward equipment or make it worse than randomly generated loot. There is a reason borderlands and Diablo are loved. Randomly generated loot interests casuals as well as hardcore people that will play for years to find that one item to complete their toon.

WoW had some difficult content and you lost me when you mentioned the easiest game in history, borderlands. 1 Hellfire at level 20 and you can 2 shot the rest of the game except crawmerax. The game was a joke and a huge letdown imo.

This game has plenty of epeen factor. There are speeders and titles that only go the players who beat the hardest content or put in the most time.

What this game does correctly is make sure that ANYONE who puts in any reasonable amount of effort can at least get the 2nd tier set of gear and doesn't have to be a total scrub stuck in green gear.

The model of 7 people on the server (who don't leave their house) are the only ones with "epic" gear is over.

Let me say it again. That. Model. Is. Done. IT died with WoW when the devs realized that gaming was a model everyone can enjoy.

Gaming companies no longer only hand our rewards to a few players. Everyone has a chance to the gear as long as they put in the effort to beat that content.

That's the way it should be.

Waiting for your proof...

Oh, nevermind.

Server status. ouch....never seen an mmo this new be THIS far below capacity. US could fill 3 or 4 servers at best. People are quitting in droves. Nearly endless feedback about a lack of players...the list goes on, anyone not in denial knows what's happening.

Unless they have quit in the last 2 weeks, SWTOR has 1.2 million subscribers.

Sorry but no. Those included subs that "hadn't kicked in yet". Direct quote.

Edited by Gohlar

Server status. ouch....never seen an mmo this new be THIS far below capacity. US could fill 3 or 4 servers at best. People are quitting in droves. Nearly endless feedback about a lack of players...the list goes on, anyone not in denial knows what's happening.

So again, another person who posts on a forum for a game they do not like and do not play.

I am curious as to why? What motivates you to remain on the forums? Serious question.

So again, another person who posts on a forum for a game they do not like and do not play.

I am curious as to why? What motivates you to remain on the forums? Serious question.

I gotta get some entertainment out of this timecard I got and the game isn't providing it. I just find it amusing how some people can not see what is right in front of them...

It is pointless though you are right, I guess I'll stop....for now...

Edited by Gohlar

Appreciate your early morning doomsaying and baseless lies.

Or was it sarcasm?

Even the status sites are telling us they have no idea what the server status means.

Every time bioware "raises the roof" the server status changes.

There is NO PROOF of any game subs until bioware releases the numbers at the investor meetings. Sorry to burst your bubble but any other so-called proof is nothing but bunks lies and disinformation (good or bad).

The model of 7 people on the server (who don't leave their house) are the only ones with "epic" gear is over.

Let me say it again. That. Model. Is. Done. IT died with WoW when the devs realized that gaming was a model everyone can enjoy.

Gaming companies no longer only hand our rewards to a few players. Everyone has a chance to the gear as long as they put in the effort to beat that content.

Epeen envy? You could have raided in vanilla WoW and only logged on 1-2 nights a week like many many did, you just couldn't be a keyturning bad. Its exactly this load of BS I quoted that is recently responsible for some people starting to use the word "casual" to define a bad players.

WoW saw most of its growth under that so called dead model and it's population went more stagnent the more everyone got a trophy. So what you're basically saying is "welcome to the age of welfare mmos." My response is with that the age of mmos is basically over then.

This game offers three difficulty settings of what would be tantamount to two weekly LBRS/UBRS runs in vanilla WoW. That isn't going to keep any player satisfied for long, not even the keyturning bads.

You say game makers have realized that welfare mmos make everyone happy. That is a ridiculas statement. MMO makers have tried to make everyone happy because they saw WoW make alot of money doing it. WoW secured roughly half of its demographic through a psychological false sense of invensment in character progression and simply loyalty between players because they have played the game together for YEARS before WoW sold out and went Green Day with punk rock. For that reason, no mmo maker is going to pull WoW's numbers ever again because fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Edited by Vlaxitov

I guess I agree a bit. I was never "hardcore" but I do enjoy going for achieves and seeing how I compare to other players.

I enjoyed to go back in raids and dungeons I already beat and do that something special to get the achieve, earn mounts, pets. None of that is here.

Now don't get me wrong I am still having fun leveling alts and seeing stories but I do wish there were more incentive to do more with my main other than look for datacrons :(

I also agree that it is fun to see your character and where you stand. I never ranked in wow but I always checked lol - So I think even the casual players enjoy looking at where they stand compared to other players and as of right now you can't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.