Will the new Australian servers kill the current unofficial Australian servers?

Evuke

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all US West night owls, daytime and off-peak players.

You may have allies you do not know of.

Please see this posting of mine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=333662

What you need to do is to convince all the Asian players to stay in Harbinger/Swiftsure/JJT and encourage new Asian players to go there instead of the new APAC server. It's full anyway...

Edited by twinionx

As someone that has been playing on the harbinger sense launch, I'm now going to have to leave for a new server, the pop this morning was under 40 in republic fleet and under 50 on empire. Wondering what server ppl will be moving to.

Considering that at launch the Aus/NZ populations of Swiftsure and The Harbinger were accused of causing the excessive queues and were told by the American contingent to get off "their" servers (both on the forum and through ingame harassment), now they are concerned that the population will become drastically reduced and the servers becoming ghost towns. Talk about an about-face. You can't have it both ways.

Be careful what you wish for - you might get it.

Everyone needs to appreciate key toons of ppl on Harbinger and Swiftsure and so on are still there. I played on the new server, enjoyed the low ping, then logged off to merely play my other toons on the old server. Why? Server transfers aren't up. What you see now is a small fraction of the leakage to the new server. In late April, you will see the rest of it.

Considering that at launch the Aus/NZ populations of Swiftsure and The Harbinger were accused of causing the excessive queues and were told by the American contingent to get off "their" servers (both on the forum and through ingame harassment), now they are concerned that the population will become drastically reduced and the servers becoming ghost towns. Talk about an about-face. You can't have it both ways.

^ This. Frankly given that experience I couldn't give a rats about your server pop. BW has kindly given me a lower ping option (going from 280ms to 50 om nom nom) and I'm taking it. Saying that we as paying customers, paying just as much as the NA customers, shouldn't have a more suitable option is selfish and stupid. Enjoy your damn ghost town.

I feel bad for the friends I made there but as I can't do ops at 1PM in the afternoon, I can't and won't screw myself of enjoyment. Pay for an xfer when it comes up, join an Aussie server and then get told to eff off. Karma.

So... what does the OP want? BW to shut down the Aussie servers because he's having a whinge? All the Aussies to go back to >200ms lag to satisfy his butt hurt?

How about no? Is no good for you? I like no.

As for low pops and no economy, the servers were full last night when I rolled my new toon. I'm sure a working economy will follow if it hasn't already.

What a waste of a thread.

i loled

we r not HongKong/Singapore but roll on TS,

still can find group on newbie zone ,

about 4x ppl there at Asia peak time,

but is new Asia server,

there r 14x players in newbie zone, wow , so bustling,

but according to the ping lag,

we decide to logout.

Just because a small number of people were telling Aussies to get off doesn’t mean those sentiments were representative. I found the vast majority of Americans on Harbringer very welcoming to us Aussies.

I’m sympathetic to our Western US brothers, and I like to think most Aussies feel the same way. Though obviously not quite sympathetic enough to stay :p

Edited by ElectricFlea

Actually there has been a sharp decline in our population this week.

Right now republic fleet is sitting at 120 people. 3 weeks ago that was 220-240 people.

I can only see it getting worse from here, and the final nail in the coffin for these 2 servers is no doubt going to be when aussies can transfer off in a month or two.

It was declining before the aussie servers went live, but those servers going live just made it worse.

Oh and its really a dick move by BW only giving aussies the option to transfer when they know damn well that they make up most of the server. They weren't even supposed to have the game yet but they get a freebie transfer while NA gets a dead server and a forced reroll?

Right thats some sound logic if I ever saw it /facepalm.

Edited by Barracudastr

Oh and its really a dick move by BW only giving aussies the option to transfer when they know damn well that they make up most of the server. They weren't even supposed to have the game yet but they get a freebie transfer while NA gets a dead server and a forced reroll?

Right thats some sound logic if I ever saw it /facepalm.

As an aussie I agree with this, given that 3 servers are involved everyone should have had the option of a free transfer. I seriously feel for those left behind but you cant blame players for wanting to go from a 280 ping to a 25ping.

Follow the Australians and reroll on oceanic servers :D

Seeing as no one can transfer yet you have 2 months to level to 50 along with the rest of the oceanic players. Having played with terrible ping for years I know it's a perfectly viable choice, and you might even improve your skills ;)

As an aussie I agree with this, given that 3 servers are involved everyone should have had the option of a free transfer. I seriously feel for those left behind but you cant blame players for wanting to go from a 280 ping to a 25ping.

Oh i dont blame the aussies at all.

Given the choice id pick a server in the same country as well for lower ping.

I have said my goodbyes to my US friends and thanked them for an awesome time. Had many great laughs teaching our friends to speak australian lingo. I do feel sad for them if Harbringer dies due to the new Oceanic servers. I do hope Bioware come to their senses and allow everyone free transfers and not just the oceanics, its only fair.

I'll be staying for another 2 months. Buggered if I'm going to re-roll again. Don't care what the ping is.

I suspect the pop decline you are seeing now is only part of what will be when the transfers happen. Going to be a couple of dead servers.

Bioware really should offer a transfer to everyone on the un-official Oceanic servers to allow equality for jumping off the sinking ship.