Pvp gearing changed on 1.1.5 PTS.

shadowAI

Are you crazy with your 400 matches number?

I played about 20 matches yesterday, and made over 3000 warzone commendations. Bought 1000 merc commendations with all of those, and am saving up again to get 1000 warzone commendations so I can buy the big speeder.

You get 100 comms if you win and get a few votes,so your 20 matches is around 2000 comms

20 matches(even if you win 20 out 20 is half a token).So you need 40 matches(again we gonna consider that you win all of them).With perfect quene its 40x10 mins=400 mins or almost 7 hours.In reality it can go to 14 hours for one bm token and you need two.Huzzah for grind?

Me?i am full bm,gearing my companions now.But those who didnt got bm gear before this "wonderfull" patch,oh they gonna have so much fun.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I fubar'd my math there. I put the decimal in the wrong place. So more like 40/50 WZ matches. To me, that's still a hell of a lot of Warzones for 1 piece of armour. Whilst as I said, some people enjoy it and thinks that's casual. To me it isn't, I'd much rather have the gear at 50, then have things based on skill not gear.

That's 150 commendations per warzone.

My average is about 80 from losing in PUGs, 120-150 (rare) from winning (as a tank, who has arguably the easiest time farming medals).

If medals are an indication of valor gained, I get more than 90% of all players in wz (both sides) on my server.

Edited by Riulassher

Are you crazy with your 400 matches number?

I played about 20 matches yesterday, and made over 3000 warzone commendations. Bought 1000 merc commendations with all of those, and am saving up again to get 1000 warzone commendations so I can buy the big speeder.

I`m not sure if you are trolling or not, but you say you are averaging 150 commendations per game... do you know something we don`t?

Theres supposed to be new pvp gear in 1.2. however I have no idea if pvp will be more "fun" (quite subjective).

Yeah fun is subjective, but i think we can all agree that riding around in a circle clicking boxes is not "fun" with regards to end-game PvP.

I really want to see what they do with the warleader set and also how the new objectives change our rate of valour and commendations in WZ's. I think the last thing they need to do right now is further the grind without first making sure PvP is something people want to do for reasons other than reward.

Its a mistake so many games make, focusing on grind forgetting that if people enjoy it they will do it anyway.

I`m not sure if you are trolling or not, but you say you are averaging 150 commendations per game... do you know something we don`t?

As tank its easy to get 12-13 medals.Have fun doing it as healer.As dps i get 8-9 medals max.

Edited by cosmov

Please tell me what you prefer?

1. Luck system when you grind all day, and have a chance to get nothing.

2. Grind all day and get something.

What method do you think is best, beside complain is your method. I like to hear peoples ideas..

It doesn't take 24 hours to do the dailies, more like a couple of hours.

Here is what they should`ve done: Daily quest gives some bm commendations(rise quantity for a piece).To get daily done you need to do objectives:do over 350k damage/healing done,score twice in one hutball,kill 10 players near turret,something that rewards usefull participation,not luck in getting good team.That way bm gear will be harder to get for bads and easier for good players.

lol score twice in hutt ball or get 10 kills on a turret, sorry those are being lucky and getting on good team moves. If you are a gunslinger or scoundrel/sniper or operative having that ball in your hand is usually a death sentence, especially with all the force leaps and CC. Team wise they are the worst class to hand the ball to reliably.

lol score twice in hutt ball or get 10 kills on a turret, sorry those are being lucky and getting on good team moves. If you are a gunslinger or scoundrel/sniper or operative having that ball in your hand is usually a death sentence, especially with all the force leaps and CC. Team wise they are the worst class to hand the ball to reliably.

How about multiple optional objectives, like "Score 2 goals OR kill 20 people OR Heal for 300k damage" etc.

With the score being kept along all your WZs of course, for example healing 100k damage on one WZ, 50k on the next and 150k on the last would still net you the objective.

That way all classes would have some way of fulfilling the objective daily.

why don't you just put the gear in everyones inventory and then the crybears will be happy.

Lets nerf everything, take gear out and give everyone a gun and play star wars COD style

cuz grinding 40 wz`s is definition of skill.

Massive kiddie nerdrage here.

This is in addition to the current system. 1.2 is the overhaul where dailies go away. This is simply more tokens for everyone.

Yeah the op should have made it clear, this is currently an additional way to get BM tokens and the dailies are the still there.

Edited by Manigma

Yeah the op should have made it clear, this is currently an additional way to get BM tokens and the dailies are the still there.

Don't let facts slow down a qqtrain. The pvp forum will be happier believing that you only get 1 BM comm every 25 days. It's why they come to the forum.

Also, 4000 Commendations is roughly 400 Warzone matches. At 10 minutes a pop that's 66hours playtime. That number to me seems ridiculously high.

Seriously, especially when you compare the grind now to the new grind, I've got full bm gear outside my offhand weapon (I use a pve one) All a change like this will do is add further discrepancy between the "veterans" (hard to say that about players who only played for 3 months) and the "noobs"

When I got to 50, I never wore a single piece of centurion gear, I spent all my cent tokens on making my Corso Riggs look like a pimp. I was in full champion gear, sure I had repeats, a lot of damn repeats, but oh well, that old system only sucked after your initial gear when you merely needed that one unassembled piece that became elusive, for me it was pants, I only had covert tech pants.

So people like me, and other "veterans" liked the comm system, I could get a ton of comms and buy the pieces I was missing from my champion sets while I was knocking out bm pieces like clock work. (Suit of BM tech gear, and all 3 champ sets + sold repeats) (BTW Why the heck are the implants only worth 1 credit? That sucks. I had so many of those.)

How about all those new 50's who have to go in now bracketed warzones, against "veterans" and they are going to have what? Some centurion gear? Assuming they know better and get into pvp early. That is god damn rough, certainly rougher than I had it back mid December.

Straight up, that is just not healthy for pvp long term in this game, it practically caters to the "veterans" at the expense of the "noobs" The new system rewards bm players who have no use for their comms and ***** and moan about how bad their luck is with bags. (Which I think is seriously exaggerated). Sure we expel all RNG for a slower more methodical grind, that's like taking them off cable and putting them on dial up.

At best such a system should be combined with the current system, still rewards winning a bit more than losing, rewards staying around over quitting, but it also gives help to people gearing up, instead of being intimidating.

Don't let facts slow down a qqtrain. The pvp forum will be happier believing that you only get 1 BM comm every 25 days. It's why they come to the forum.

What facts?1.2 will remove dailies so new players will first grind to bm and then grind even more.

I will admit, I only read like the first 20 posts, so I apologize if this has been said, but I couldn't listen to the QQ anymore.

Everyone is complaining about obtaining PvP gear for BM. In case anyone forgot, this is currently the TOP TIER of PvP gear. Anyone remember a little game called WoW? You couldn't get top tier PvP gear unless you grinded WAY more than 10 hours.

Personally, I think the gear is too easy to get right now. Of course, 1k/1k seems to be a bit much for gear, but it is a guaranteed piece of the top tier pvp gear. I'm willing to go through that. Given the fact that a lot of people already have the BM gear, I think if they want to make it 1k/1k for the BM comms then they need to add a higher tier to make it level out gear-wise, this makes it fair for all the complainers out there imo. That way they don't have to get BM gear, then the new tier as well, they can just go straight to it. Level playing field, no?

Anywho...I welcome this change because it makes it more of a challenge and you don't get a bunch of kids that quit WZ's decked out in BM gear.

Please proceed with the hate mail/response.

I will admit, I only read like the first 20 posts, so I apologize if this has been said, but I couldn't listen to the QQ anymore.

Everyone is complaining about obtaining PvP gear for BM. In case anyone forgot, this is currently the TOP TIER of PvP gear. Anyone remember a little game called WoW? You couldn't get top tier PvP gear unless you grinded WAY more than 10 hours.

Anywho...I welcome this change because it makes it more of a challenge and you don't get a bunch of kids that quit WZ's decked out in BM gear.

Please proceed with the hate mail/response.

Cuz arena was a grindfest and you could grind to 2.2k rating?

And no,only challenge that comes with this system is challenge of not falling asleep at your keyboard.

How about:

Make it cheap to get and focus on real issues like nuke Ilum for good and bring a real arena to have some fun?

This is just going to make Warzone quitters to continue quitting and the grindfest in Ilum also continue.

get out of here with your arena crap my god. That's all we need is a screwed pvp system that is constantly nerfing and buffing all the classes in the game. If it's that big a deal for you set something up on your server and do it yourself.

And for the original post. I hope we can trade in our champ comms to downgrade!

My First Character got a full set of champ with roughly 60 bags, and a ton of duplicates. My second character now has about 70 bags, and still has 4 pieces to go. Zero drops out of 70 bags. I wish I was kidding. The grind now is a lot tougher than it was in Jan / December and that's not even counting the fact you are getting rolled by all BM premades.

I pvp almost exclusively and I have 10 days played on my character; that's 4 levelling, 1 datacron / fp's / etc, and probably 5 pvp. This is just for the second tier set. I think the people saying its easy either did it before the comm's change (when they nerfed the drop chance to almost zero) or are trolling. I

Cuz arena was a grindfest and you could grind to 2.2k rating?

And no,only challenge that comes with this system is challenge of not falling asleep at your keyboard.

Sorry, I should have clarified. Pre-BC. The beginning days. When you had weekly and monthly ranks. When Grand Marshal meant you were an official BA.

70 commendations per game average, 10-20 minutes per game = 10-20 hours of warzone farming per BM token, 20-40 (!!!) hours per item.

This is nuts. Especially considering some people already hate warzones.

P.S. 6 years ago I was in a guild which earned grandmarshal titles in WoW for almost every member (I stopped at marshal - was too exhausted by 15 hours per day fights) just to get the suits - it was insanity. Literally. One of our members ended up in mental clinic right after GM title.

Edited by Pashgan

Oh god... That's a joke.

As someone pointed out: one crap turn into another, even worse crap.

When we get something where getting better gear in pvp will be related to getting more skill in fighting real players?

You know - not fighting time, not fighting RNG but actually playing well? Is that so much to ask for?