Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Another inquiry as to the same-gender romance options. When do you plan to implement them? Do you plan to implement them at all? Will same-gender romance be available to existing companions, or are you planning to create new companions for the purpose?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many MMO's create story arc's that dont just affect the player, but affect the world at large.

Whether this be NPC's doing chit-chat about your latest exploits, or faction wide benefits based on warzone events etc.

Is there any plans or desire to make the players story based adventure, more visible to the world at large, or perhaps new warzone/pvp where faction control of the field affects the whole faction, in and out of the warzone.

(Drawing much upon Aion as an example here- Controlling the Abyss pvp zone, grants your race bonuses)

Hello, I was wondering when we will get a Legacy update and what it will include also im wondering is there coming a customizing for your characther? So that after you have made it you can later on change for example your hairstyle later, its normal even in Star Wars just look at Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Oh and are there any plans on even the battle? The Republic players are seriucly outmatched by the Imperial players there just seams to be something that attracts players to the Empire more then the Republic

Edited by Captain-R

I'm glad we're getting a bunch of warzone content in 1.2, but what is Bioware planning on doing in regards to world PVP? Currently, Ilum is still in a rough spot due to lag, performance issues, and faction imbalance, so I was wondering how Bioware plans to go ahead with world PVP in the future.

Can we get clarification on space combat mechanics?

I personally have done a LOT of space combat, and while I am very familiar with every mission, there are still some big mysteries in space combat, and I hope a dev would explain some of these things:

- What is the tactical advantage of destroying the various targets? The tactical advantage of destroying enemy fighters and turrets is obvious; The sooner they are gone, the less they will attack! But aside from bonus objectives, what is the purpose of destroying shield generators, engines, comunication dishes, etc? They don't appear to do anything.

- Is there any tactical advantage to doing a barrel roll, or is it just for looks?

- Why is it that when I destroy every single target on an enemy capitol ship, it can still shoot at me? Is this a bug?

I loved the interactions with Companions. But there comes a certain point where there is no news, we grow out of things to do. Have any plans for new interactions with the same companions who have reached the highest level of affection?

And, also like to know when the stories of the novels will be implemented? Would you like a lot of new interactions with the "Romanceables Companions."

Are there any plans to release a free trial of the game to bring in more customers? I know a few who are waiting to try. If so, would it be time based (x amount of days) or maybe a cap to level 9, or 10, just to give them a brief taste of the advanced classes.

I know you plan to fix all crafting professions somehow. My question is what do you plan to do to make cybertech valid? In other words, is there any reason not to switch to biochem? A cc every 5 minutes just doesn't cut it. Edited by barringerlr

There is already a system i =n place to browse another player's schematics for crafting, and a method of delivery (when you craft an item when your inventory is full, your crew will mail you the item using the mail system). Is there any talk of being able to use another player's schematics and companions to craft an item for you, using your own materials? Perhaps a trade window pops up to the player that will be performing the crafting, where they could paid a nominal fee for the use of their schematic and crew member?

I feel that this would limit the number of people that feel they must crew skill hop (go synth weaving for bracer and belt critical craft, then goto cybertech, and end at biochem, etc) to get the most out of their charactor, and promote a community for those focused heavily on the crafting aspect of the game.

Also, are there plans to allow buy orders on the GTN, so we can put up a captial fee to cover purchasing certain items we choose to purchase, and others selling to make a quick sale based on our pricing? (see eve's market, altho I dont think we need anything so complex, just buy/sell orders)

Thanks,

Shadinaxx

I was wondering why all of the aoe knockbacks are different in their distance a target is moved. it seems like the force push or bounty hunter ability send the targets away a farther distance while the inquisitor skill overload hardly moves them at all. any reason to this?

Is there a Barbershop feature or some similar feature in place so that we can change the looks of our current alt characters next month when the new Legacy features go live or will we have to delete our current alts or make brand new alt characters to get access to unlocked Legacy species? Edited by Tricky-Ha

I have had this question for a while, and I hope it will be answered; when I am in a warzone, and the teams are fairly evenly matched, when both teams have the same progress then one wins and the other looses... is that intentional? For example, I was doing Voidstar and we made it to the door just before the reactor core pit. Then when we were on defense, the other side got to the same spot as we did but failed to even place a bomb on the door... yet they won. At some point will you be implementing a "Draw" system that will give things like that a fair balance of rewards?

I would like some Information on if/when users will be able to transfer an in-game character from Server A, to Server B. With friends in high levels on seperate servers, it seems VERY impractical to create another character for the sake of playing with your friends.

Would it be possible to give an update on the status of same-gender romance arcs? Are they actively being worked on, or will it be a while before they are implemented? Will they only be available with future companions, or will our current companions be integrated?

Many of us chose a random server at launch, however now that the game has had some time, many of us now have friends that play on different servers. Another issue that I've noticed, is the unbalance of server populations due to the high number of server options available. Many of us would like to try PvP on a PvP server, and many of us would like to give Role Playing a shot also. However we are currently "stuck" on the server we randomly chose.

My question:

Is there no other way than to create a new character from scratch on our choice server?

OR

Is there a feature in the making that would allow our characters to switch servers, and if so, how will you guys deal with server swap issues?

Example:

- Two players having a character with the same name on the same server

- Items harder to acquire in certain servers (Magenta Crystal in populated PvP zones)

- Unbalanced Factions