What determines OPSLeader

CrunchyGremlin

Iassume it has something to do with valor.

I do not think it is random although it may be affected by random factors such as people arriving late in the match.

I see opsleader change as new people come in.

I see the same people get opsleader often.

(some perform this duty better than others.)

It's been said it's whomever has the highest current valor in their valor level.

I don't know if this is a raw number or a percentage. I do notice I get OpsLead a LOT because with exception of just leveling, my Valor is always capped at 100%.

As far as I've been able to determine, Valor rank has something to do with it (the ops leader is ALWAYS one of the highest valor people in the ops), but it isn't the only factor, as sometimes someone gets ops lead while someone with higher valor is present, It has been suggested that the number of MVPs received may factor in somewhere.

It definitely isn't just highest Valor. I've had Ops leader even when in a group with people who were higher than me. I seem to get Leader a lot when I click the accept button very quickly, although it's definitely not just that as a criteria as I've seen leader change several times too.

Possibly something like it goes to the first one in then changes if there is more than a certain differential in ranks? As in... a Battlemaster will take Leader off a Champion but lose it to a War Hero perhaps? That's just speculation, naturally.

Possibly something like it goes to the first one in then changes if there is more than a certain differential in ranks? As in... a Battlemaster will take Leader off a Champion but lose it to a War Hero perhaps? That's just speculation, naturally.

Nope. I've held OpsLeader almost every time when people with clearly higher valor..title..rank..come in the game (like when I'm level 26 as OpsLead and someone rolls in with the Centurion title).

Still think it's based on valor until next valor rank.

Nope. I've held OpsLeader almost every time when people with clearly higher valor..title..rank..come in the game (like when I'm level 26 as OpsLead and someone rolls in with the Centurion title).

Still think it's based on valor until next valor rank.

Interesting theory.

It's been said it's whomever has the highest current valor in their valor level.

I don't know if this is a raw number or a percentage. I do notice I get OpsLead a LOT because with exception of just leveling, my Valor is always capped at 100%.

yes i see that some of my toons that are capped tend to get opslead even when their valor is sub 25.

I dont ussually take the time to look at the valor of all characters but i see that i will come in the game sub 40 with opslead while there are others wearing the centurian title.

I am guessing that nearer you are to cap has something to do with it.

Its a shame that i cant give opslead away.

Its a shame that i cant give opslead away.

No kidding, I get sick of it, but someone's got to at least mark the healers and you can rarely count on anyone else in the PuG to do it.

Edited by Absit

It can't be down to valor rank, it must be something else. I'm valor rank 64 and I hardly ever get ops lead, it seems to goto randoms. Also when we have War Hero's in a pug (no premade groups at all), by the valor level rule, they should get it but they don't.

It's (at the time of the wz initiation):

1. The largest pre-made's group leader (if there are any pre-mades in the team)

if no premades then:

2. Highest Valor rank

0. Nope, OpsLead can change as people join the actual warzone.

1. Nope, in a 4 man premade I ended up OpsLead despite not being group leader a few times.

2. Already been shot down in this thread several times.

Edited by Absit

I believe it's the person who has joined the most warzones of such kind, aka someone who has done huttball 400 times gets opslead over the war hero who has done huttball 250 times.

For all I know that might be what bioware determined to get leader, as in they have the most experience.

I cant confirm this theory, but on my server I know who the ilum farmers are, and who the warzone players are, and the warzone players always get leader.

I believe it's the person who has joined the most warzones of such kind, aka someone who has done huttball 400 times gets opslead over the war hero who has done huttball 250 times.

For all I know that might be what bioware determined to get leader, as in they have the most experience.

I cant confirm this theory, but on my server I know who the ilum farmers are, and who the warzone players are, and the warzone players always get leader.

Interesting thought

Example

Person 1 has valor 20000 / 40000

Person 2 has valor 31000 / 35000

Person 2 will be the ops leader. The highiest current valor counts.

When I was almost valor 59 I was constantly ops leader all day, when I hit 59 and had 1000 / 42000 valor i stopped being ops leader.

I have a feeling it has to do with whoever is closest to max valor...not necessarily the highest valor, but whoever is closest to the most possible for their level. On my Sorc in the 10-49 bracket I seem to get OPs leader about 90% of the time. I rarely quest on her, I pretty much just PVP, so my valor is pretty much always maxed for my level. Edited by ulukinatme