Patch 1.2 will save the pvp or not ???

Winteria

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is very likely too late.

PvP is made by the community. There have to be other Ps to have PvP.

With the mass exodus from this game that has already happened, it might not matter at this point. If there is no player base, it doesn't matter how awesome 1.2 may or may not be.

I think it is very likely too late.

PvP is made by the community. There have to be other Ps to have PvP.

With the mass exodus from this game that has already happened, it might not matter at this point. If there is no player base, it doesn't matter how awesome 1.2 may or may not be.

So you think too many ppl left already for 1.2 to bring back any kind of Hype around pvp ?

So you think too many ppl left already for 1.2 to bring back any kind of Hype around pvp ?

Honestly, I think BW has already messed up. Balance issues, and fixes didnt' come fast enough.

I and the other ~15 people i know in the game, who are not even all on the same server or know each other, all kinda decided to kill time till Diablo3 and then quit.

I really didn't think about it till just a few days ago. And then it just hit me and I knew I'm done when the next game is out. I had fun leveling but the honeymoon is over now... too little too late.

What is this mass exodus you speak of? My server is still heavy during almost peak time...less than 5 min ques for wZ and multiple wz running at the same time on my 50. My alt 43 gets almost instant ques

Which server it is ??? cause mine was FULL the first 3 weeks and now ligh most of the time..

all my guild left already.

your lucky :)

What you guys think ?

Are they changing the game engine so that you can get more then 5fps in Ilum Zerg fests.

Are they redoing the resolve system?

Are they taking a hard look at how stupid guard/taunts are on healers when they are already as hard to kill as a WoW healer without it?

With everyone not a sage/sorc telling them the hybrid spec is OP (and the forum mods just moving posts to the class forum, in obvious bias that they didn't exhibit when there were 50000000 nerf op/scoundrels threads) will they do something about it?

If none of the above? Then everyone will just be going back to WoW anyways when pandas hit.

I have no desire to play a simplified WoW vanilla shadow priest so that I can double peoples dmg in warzones, while rarely if ever dying compared to playing a sentinel and being stunned/rooted/kited for 8 out of every 10 seconds, still leading dmg, and then told my class is balanced because I outdamage horrible players, when I can double that damage on a sage while rolling my face across the keyboard.

Great leveling experience...Worst design team for pvp ever (just another game they failed at designing pvp in), and the hardware optimization guys should also be sacked. Dudes prob worked at Best Buy before they were hired...

Edited by biowareftw

depends what you consider 'saving'

The game and PVP will likely continue to exist for a while regardless of what decisions they make.

Will this patch make PVP slightly better? Maybe..

Do hardcore PVP players demand better then that? Yes.

Is that reasonable? I think so.

Everything they are doing at this point seems like damage control.

This patch is only one step on a very very long road to getting this game up to the standard anyone with taste would expect (PVP in particular... But really overall).

Edited by KurleyKilla

It's funny how people are such an advocate against this game, and are so supportive of Guild Wars 2 like some petty highschool rivalry on these forums.

It's like... if you don't enjoy the game -- why even bother coming here? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a subscription to post on these forums?

If it doesn't I think I'm done with this game.

I love Starwars, but this doesn't feel like it.

I love PVP, but I can get better pvp playing minecraft. (Slight exaggeration :p )

To be honest? It probably takes more skill then 2 of the ranged classes in this game...

It's funny how people are such an advocate against this game, and are so supportive of Guild Wars 2 like some petty highschool rivalry on these forums.

It's like... if you don't enjoy the game -- why even bother coming here? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a subscription to post on these forums?

1. Guild Wars 2 isn't out

2. I've played every other game that is worth playing

3. Any other questions?

On its face, I don't think 1.2 will "save" PvP in this game. It certainly will improve it though. It's still very much a work in progress. Whether that's enough for people, I don't know. Right now I'm still having fun.

PvP in this game is just missing an epic feel. The combat is very fun, but it doesn't feel meaningful to me like it has in other games. I have never been one to get satisfaction in PvP from obtaining gear or Rank, and since that is endgame PvP for the most part in SWTOR, all that is left is finding good fights. Would be really great if BW could work out a way to make our actions have a more direct impact on the world/universe we play in than assault points which can be flipped in 30 seconds.

More than anything, 1.2 needs to come off without a gamebreaking hitch. BW now has a track record of breaking things they try to fix, and I think this general ineptitude more than anything is what drove a lot of players away. It's difficult for people to muster confidence in a company that has to constantly emergency patch their gamebreaking patches. Just one 24 hour bout of incompetence was enough to pretty much shatter the Valor system. Let's hope nothing aggregious like that happens with 1.2.