Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

If Anakin on Mustafar was 200% stronger then Sidious, he would have floored Obi-Wan in seconds. In short he was not at that time.

Well A: Anakin on Mustafar had already lost an arm, so he wasn't 200%.

B: I get what you mean, a misunderstanding on my part, sorry.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he would not. Your twisting his words. He's stated and Leland Chee has stated that Anakin at his full potential could be the most powerful Force User Ever.

If the quote is from a character, its not canon.

There is no twisting of words. Its black and white, set in stone by Lucas himself that Anakin couldve beat Sidious during the time of ROTS

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

You got no case, Sidious fanboi. You probably also think Sidious was faking the fight the entire time with Windu aswell :rolleyes:

Edited by Girdeux

B: I get what you mean, a misunderstanding on my part, sorry.

Wel Losing an Arm didn't reduce his potential.

Losing Arms and legs and being nearly burned half to death did reduce his potential.

No, once he sustained his injuries on Mustafar, along with his new mental state, he could only reach 80% of Sidious' power, he was meant to reach 200%, if he WAS at 200% beforehand, he'd be doing the things Grand Master Luke Skywalker managed to pull off, and he was more powerful than Sidious and Yoda by a large margin, he was infact the most powerful Jedi ever.

No, once he sustained his injuries on Mustafar, along with his new mental state, he could only reach 80% of Sidious' power, he was meant to reach 200%, if he WAS at 200% beforehand, he'd be doing the things Grand Master Luke Skywalker managed to pull off, and he was more powerful than Sidious and Yoda by a large margin, he was infact the most powerful Jedi ever.

I always forget about his mental state.

Bugsbunny by far. Bugs would take palps wormhole dunk it in a cup of coffy and enjoy the snack. He would make vader cry for about 3 days. Vader crys for anything anyways. Luke was like 20 and he never had a girl =\. Bugs would show up in a weddingdress. Its all over for luke there. Revan would hit bugs with the saber. Bugs would play dead. Revan would start crying. Burry him then bugs would stand next to him crying also. As the are crying together revan would be like ***? bugs would kiss him then jump into the ground. If he wants to kill any of them he would just drop a 1 billion lb anvil on there heads. Dont fug with the rabbit.

Wel Losing an Arm didn't reduce his potential.

I'm pretty sure it said somewhere that losing any part of a body impacts with your ability to "use" the force?

Ahah, I knew I'd read that 200% from somewhere. Thank you for that.

Mental acuity can affect outcome. It always leaves me thinking what could have been?

Did Sidious really plan on Obi-Wan decimating Anakin so much? What would have happened if not?

I'm pretty sure it said somewhere that losing any part of a body impacts with your ability to "use" the force?

Ahah, I knew I'd read that 200% from somewhere. Thank you for that.

Mental acuity can affect outcome. It always leaves me thinking what could have been?

Did Sidious really plan on Obi-Wan decimating Anakin so much? What would have happened if not?

The whole "mental" being part of the reason Vader lost his potential is a load of EU bullocks. Lucas stated the only reason he lost his potential is because he got burned up and cut into pieces.

The whole "mental" being part of the reason Vader lost his potential is a load of EU bullocks. Lucas stated the only reason he lost his potential is because he got burned up and cut into pieces.

Lol, an earlier post of mine did say that his potential dropped due to each part of his physical body he lost (and considering he lost both legs and both arms [i think]) Dropped his potential significantly.

I try to look at it from all perspectives. EU or not, it's all a fun and good story to watch/listen/read to me :p

There is no twisting of words. Its black and white, set in stone by Lucas himself that Anakin couldve beat Sidious during the time of ROTS

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

You got no case, Sidious fanboi. You probably also think Sidious was faking the fight the entire time with Windu aswell :rolleyes:

Considering we have numerous statements from Lucas stating that Anakin was meant to be the most powerful ever, emphasis on the words, meant to be, you are interpreting that wrong.

Also, if Brandon is a fanboy of anyone, It's Mace Windu and Obi-Wan. :p

Also no, in the 2005 RotS commentary it is clearly stated by Lucas and in the RotS novel:

That Sidious lost the duel because he reduced the force speed at which he was fighting when they got to the window ledge, he used the force to stop himself from falling out, that opportunity allowed Windu to kick Sidious in the face, defeating him, Sidious was in shock when it happened.

Eventually Anakin turns up and Sidious starts pretending to lose his power, when he first shocks Windu with his lightning, it bends Windu's lightsaber blade and Windu is losing his grip, at the same time, Windu is completely focused on Sidious and he sees a 'Shatterpoint', Sidious trusts Anakin, but he misses another one, Anakin needed Sidious.

In the mean time Sidious pretends he can't stop Windu, which tricks Anakin and actually believes him, so Anakin intervenes as Sidious wants him to, Windu doesn't realise what is happening, and suddenly Anakin has disarmed Windu.

Sidious then takes the opportunity to kill Windu, one of the few Jedi that can actually pose a threat to him, which completely shocks Anakin, seeing no way for him to repent and realising the Jedi would never take him back, he accepts the Sith way as long as he can save Padme.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

This is an EU debate about whom is the most powerful Jedi ever, EU counts here, this is not a Lucas' universe only debate, get over it or get out as they say.

Considering we have numerous statements from Lucas stating that Anakin was meant to be the most powerful ever, emphasis on the words, meant to be, you are interpreting that wrong.

Also, if Brandon is a fanboy of anyone, It's Mace Windu. :p

Also no, in the 2005 RotS commentary it is clearly stated by Lucas and in the RotS novel:

That Sidious lost the duel because he reduced the force speed at which he was fighting when they got to the window ledge, he used the force to stop himself from falling out, that opportunity allowed Windu to kick Sidious in the face, defeating him, Sidious was in shock when it happened.

Eventually Anakin turns up and Sidious starts pretending to lose his power, when he first shocks Windu with his lightning, it bends Windu's lightsaber blade and Windu is losing his grip, at the same time, Windu is completely focused on Sidious and he sees a 'Shatterpoint', Sidious trusts Anakin, but he misses another one, Anakin needed Sidious.

In the mean time Sidious pretends he can't stop Windu, which tricks Anakin and actually believes him, so Anakin intervenes as Sidious wants him to, Windu doesn't realise what is happening, and suddenly Anakin has disarmed Windu.

Sidious then takes the opportunity to kill Windu, one of the few Jedi that can actually pose a threat to him, which completely shocks Anakin, seeing no way for him to repent and realising the Jedi would never take him back, he accepts the Sith way as long as he can save Padme.

hmmm i dont really like the EU explanation for the movies, it seems to sorta contradict what Lucas is saying. During the same commentary Lucas says Sidious tries to obliterate Windu but couldnt, nothing about almost losing his grip. All this stuff about "shatterpoint" and different lightsaber forms etc etc makes things too complex. Just seems simpler in the movies that its your better with a lightsaber or arent.

Not: "im only powerful because of this special lightsaber form i have, that can only take on the dark side". I guess thats just my gripe with one part of the EU though

hmmm i dont really like the EU explanation for the movies, it seems to sorta contradict what Lucas is saying. During the same commentary Lucas says Sidious tries to obliterate Windu but couldnt, nothing about almost losing his grip. All this stuff about "shatterpoint" and different lightsaber forms etc etc makes things too complex. Just seems simpler in the movies that its your better with a lightsaber or arent.

Not: "im only powerful because of this special lightsaber form i have, that can only take on the dark side". I guess thats just my gripe with one part of the EU though

I hate much of the post-RotJ EU, Dark Empire most of all, I find all of that stuff completely diminishes Vader and the movies as a whole, because Sidious just cheats death and comes back anyway, but I know my opinion doesn't matter, the facts do, this is an EU debate and all of the EU canon must be considered for an objective conclusion.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Lucas also says Sidious lost the duel in the commentary.

And in the ROTS Novelization, Windu's lightsabre was being bent by Sid's lightning and it was about to fly out of his hand.

I'd also like to add Mace's own Form wasn't really created in the EU. Yeah they gave it a name in the EU but for Ep. 2 and 3 they gave Samuel his own form.

The Stunt Coordinator even says it.

I know Mace.

Thank you, I'd not seen that in a long while :p IT conveys, as much as it can, that in terms of sabre combat each Jedi has their own. There are the 7 forms ofc, Windu creating Vaapad, the deadliest form.

It also pertains to one coordinator trying to come up with differing styles for each character. I know lucas originally wanted samurai styling, which is why in the OT the fights were slow.

I mean just watching the video it says Windu has no "flair" because he uses moves that are simple and effective, as any warrior would use.

Lightsabre twirling is just showing off, and pointless in a battle. So good for Windu - I also love Samuel L Jackson xD "Say what again!"

Go back a few pages, Sidious could do everything the Sith Emperor could do and much more, without the help Vitiate needed, simple.

Vitiate needed the power of 200 other Sith Lords and trinkets and rituals to achieve

He didn't need them, he simply tricked them to help him. I also don't quite remember when Sidious ever drained the entire force out of a planet, or ever planned to do the same to the entire galaxy, or defeated an entire group of Jedi Masters without even lifting a finger, or that Sidious ever was a Wound(though Void is more fitting) in the force.

If anything, if it came to a fight between Sidious and Vitiate it would end in a tie.

Edited by Ticara

He didn't need them, he simply tricked them to help him. I also don't quite remember when Sidious ever drained the entire force out of a planet, or ever planned to do the same to the entire galaxy, or defeated an entire group of Jedi Masters without even lifting a finger, or that Sidious ever was a Wound(though Void is more fitting) in the force.

If anything, if it came to a fight between Sidious and Vitiate it would end in a tie.

Was actually Sidious being described as a nexus of the darkside, and no it wouldn't Palpatine would outright kill him. You look up Sidious's powers/feats and you'll see they far surpass any sith emperor before him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Was actually Sidious being described as a nexus of the darkside, and no it wouldn't Palpatine would outright kill him. You look up Sidious's powers/feats and you'll see they far surpass any sith emperor before him.

This.

Vitiate needed all of the life of Nathema, the power of 200 Sith Lords and all these other things to even perform the ritual and become immortal, simple as that, he NEEDED it, the Revan novel clearly states he needed their power, he needed them actively partaking in the ritual with them, yes he tricked them, but because he needed them to do so in the first place, Sidious needed no help, it all came from his own power.

This.

Vitiate needed all of the life of Nathema, the power of 200 Sith Lords and all these other things to even perform the ritual and become immortal, simple as that, he NEEDED it, the Revan novel clearly states he needed their power, he needed them actively partaking in the ritual with them, yes he tricked them, but because he needed them to do so in the first place, Sidious needed no help, it all came from his own power.

Sadly you say that, and yet, if you finish the novel, the Emperor grants Darth Scourge the power of immortality, and lets be honest it doesn't even sound that hard when he grants his number 1 guy the same honour.

Edited by Ruliya