Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

I personally think that the Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor (spelling?) should not be overlooked. I've only gone through the Jedi Knight story, but he/she does have quite the list of victories:

He/she defeated (yes, not killed, but still) Emperor Vitiate, the guy who stripped a planet of the Force. He/she destroyed Darth Angral. He/she disarmed enough superweapons to make Luke Skywalker feel inadequate, and has killed more Sith then most other Jedi from the TOR era. So, yeah. Shouldn't rule this one out.

So, my list:

1. Hero of Tython

2. Barsen'thor (again, spelling?)

3. Yoda

4. Revan

5. Jaina Solo

Also, if it's just Force Users in general, insert Malgus inbetween Barsenthor and Revan.

Edited by bionamaster

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that the Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor (spelling?) should not be overlooked. I've only gone through the Jedi Knight story, but he/she does have quite the list of victories:

He/she defeated (yes, not killed, but still) Emperor Vitiate, the guy who stripped a planet of the Force. He/she destroyed Darth Angral. He/she disarmed enough superweapons to make Luke Skywalker feel inadequate, and has killed more Sith then most other Jedi from the TOR era. So, yeah. Shouldn't rule this one out.

So, my list:

1. Hero of Tython

2. Barsen'thor (again, spelling?)

3. Yoda

4. Revan

5. Jaina Solo

Also, if it's just Force Users in general, insert Malgus inbetween Barsenthor and Revan.

No Bio....not even close, Malgus and the Hero of Tython being more powerful then Yoda? Are you serious?

It's hard to figure out who is first , Yoda ,Revan or Hero of Thyton but they all come close.Meetra Surik would be a competitor for the first place also,if her reputation wasn't destroyed in the Revan novel. Edited by Kaedusz

I would consider Luke taken out of all equations until episode 7.Correct me if i am wrong but i have not found information if the storyline of the movie would certainly be similar to the EU we have at the moment or something completely new would be created. Edited by Kaedusz

I would consider Luke taken out of all equations until episode 7.Correct me if i am wrong but i have not found information if the storyline of the movie would be similar to the EU we have at the moment or something completely new would be created.

Its gonna be something new, but until that time...its Luke and even then after who knows.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

but until that time...its Luke and even then after who knows.

Shouting Luke is the most powerful jedi and Sidious is the most powerful sith is like proclaiming direct democracy will work in today's complex society as it did in ancient Greece.(strange association/comparison but still... ) It's just an archaic belief.

The EU is much bigger and more interesting now and repeating Luke is the most powerful over and over again like some parrot ...it's just blind adherence to an old Star Wars model.The universe has evolved much since then.

One of the most powerful maybe.. but comon ... the *most*?It's a title not given lightly.

Edited by Kaedusz

Shouting Luke is the most powerful jedi and Sidious is the most powerful sith is like proclaiming direct democracy will work in today's complex society as it did in ancient Greece.(strange association/comparison but still... ) It's just an archaic belief.

The EU is much bigger and more interesting now and repeating Luke is the most powerful over and over again like some parrot ...it's just blind adherence to an old Star Wars model.The universe has evolved much since then.

One of the most powerful maybe.. but comon ... the *most*?It's a title not given lightly.

They are. Do I need to show proof for the 100th time? Cause I will.

Then tell me who has...

Destroyed armies almost single-handedly

Projected illusions of fleets without the aid of trinkets

Defeated Force gods

Mastered lightsaber forms after very brief training with an actual master

Casually knock over an AT-AT after absorbing its cannon blasts

Rebuild a citadel and then destroy it with The Force

Hold thrown items in the air (from liquids to food items) as if they were stopped in time

Root himself so deeply in the Force that not even a black hole could move him

and the list goes on

I would like to know who has done these things and exceeded them. Because I can't think of anyone.

You may call it bad writing, and I would probably agree.

Also, Luke will be the most powerful Jedi even after the Sequels come out. Luke Skywalker has been stated by GL and Chee to achieve Anakin Skywalker's Force potential. Anakin Skywalker, as we all know, had the potential to become the most powerful Jedi ever. Ergo, Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever. So unless the Sequels wish to depart from the lore, then Luke will remain number one.

Want proof for Darth Sidious?

Edited by Aurbere

Snip

I dunno if they are gonna listen, why is it so hard to believe that out of thousands of Jedi/Sith, there can't be two that are all powerful?...Doesn't bother me, I don't see why it can't be possible.

I can post the evidence, but am wondering if its even worth it?....Probably not.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You may call it bad writing, and I would probably agree.

As a matter of fact, if the EU after the movies was a blank spot and someone said that Luke is the most powerful ever,based on the movies and because Lucas said he achieved Anakin's potential after them,then i would probably agree.

But in our case , as yours and many others such examples show,Luke is just a Mary Sue.That automatically makes him a vomit inducing joke character not worthy of being discussed in debates such as this one.

Edited by Kaedusz

I dunno if they are gonna listen, why is it so hard to believe that out of thousands of Jedi/Sith, there can't be two that are all powerful?...Doesn't bother me, I don't see why it can't be possible.

I can post the evidence, but am wondering if its even worth it?....Probably not.

They probably won't listen, or write it off as 'a bad fan-fic.' Though, I don't think it would hurt not to hammer the point home.

As a matter of fact, if the EU after the movies was a blank spot and someone said that Luke is the most powerful ever,based on the movies and because Lucas said he achieved Anakin's potential after them,then i would probably agree.

But in our case , as yours and many others such examples show,Luke is just a Mary Sue.That automatically makes him a vomit inducing joke character not worthy of being discussed in debates such as this one.

Someone needs to look up the definition of Mary Sue, cause Luke sure as hell isn't perfect. If he really was perfect, he wouldn't have gone over to the darkside, he wouldn't have lost his wife, he wouldn't have exiled himself from his own Oeder, he wouldn't have had any of his family members turn over to the darkside, etc because everything would go his way.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

In your opinion, yes?

While I would agree that Luke gets 'OP', I don't whine about it, and I certainly don't ignore it.

They probably won't listen, or write it off as 'a bad fan-fic.' Though, I don't think it would hurt not to hammer the point home.

Fan Fiction?...The whole universe, is one huge Fan Fiction..its all one big universe.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Someone needs to look up the definition of Mary Sue, cause Luke sure as hell isn't perfect. If he really was perfect, he wouldn't have gone over to the darkside, he wouldn't have lost his wife, he wouldn't have exiled himself from his own Oeder, he wouldn't have had any of his family members turn over to the darkside, etc because everything would go his way.

Sorry but even with all that if you are still taking Luke seriously,smells like fanboyism.He is still too powerful to be believable.

By the way it is very interesting and amusing to observe how the fan club of the Luke,Anakin,Palpatine trio stand guard in the forum against everyone that might neglect the awesomeness of their cherished and favorite movie heroes. lol

Edited by Kaedusz

Sorry but even with all that if you are still taking Luke seriously,smells like fanboyism.He is still too powerful to be believable.

By the way it is very interesting and amusing to observe how the fan club of the Luke,Anakin,Palpatine trio stand guard in the forum against everyone that might neglect the awesomeness of their cherished and favorite movie heroes. lol

Why is he unbelievable? There is somehow a rule now, that two characters can't be the pinnacle of their respective sides? I'm not being a fanboy of any of those characters, I am using canon evidence to support their prowess, its not my fault you don't like them. Your now resorting to name calling because you know your wrong, I can support my view if you really want me to.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

My favorite character is Plo Koon... If I were a fanboy, I would say that Plo Koon would rip everybody apart. I'm a much more reserved fanboy of Plo Koon. I don't say that he's the best, I don't think that he's the best.

Not only that, but I don't like how Luke and Palpatine have become so powerful, and I don't really care about Anakin. Facts=/= Fanboyism

Edited by Aurbere

^

I wasn't referring exactly to you but anyway...

''Facts'' in a franchise like Star Wars is a very fluid concept , therefore unless you have a predisposition

towards the movie characters or Luke in particular ,defending the said characters so determinedly would be strange.Particularly because as i said the ''best'' title is not given lightly , taking into account all EU before the movies.

Edited by Kaedusz

^

I wasn't referring exactly to you but anyway...

''Facts'' in a franchise like Star Wars is a very fluid concept , therefore unless you have a predisposition

towards the movie characters or Luke in particular ,defending the said characters so determinedly would be strange.Particularly because as i said the ''best'' title is not given lightly , taking into account all EU before the movies.

Except the things the Jedi/Sith have done in the EU before Luke's timeframe, have done nowhere near what Luke has done in terms of force usage or lightsaber usage.

What he has done is ''under construction''.Episode 7 is not out yet.

Untill it does, Luke is Marry Sue or near Marry Sue ,vomit inducing character,not to be taken seriously.In my opinion at least.

Edited by Kaedusz

What he has done is ''under construction''.Episode 7 is not out yet.

Untill it does, Luke is Marry Sue or near Marry Sue ,vomit inducing character,not to be taken seriously.In my opinion at least.

Until Episode VII does come out, Luke will still be the most powerful.

And even then, Luke will still be the most powerful for reasons listed before.

Luke is the most powerful Jedi of all time.

Sidious is the most powerful Sith of all time.

Lucas said Luke had all of Anakin's potential, and in the fiction afterwards fulfilled it.

The next tier would be like Yoda, Windu, Jacen and then his sister, then broken Anakin with Obi-wan probably bringing up the rear, with Revan perhaps being close. Malek? Might have ended up near Yoda if he had lived.

As far as duels Windu is up there. Yoda is up there. Debatable whether Sidious purposely lost to Windu. Luke was stupidly good with a saber in future series. Jacen/Caedus was as well, but Luke would have beat them all by a fair margin, not to mention he was also stronger in the force.

It is like debating DBZ. Goku wins. Cept in this argument? There is no mystic Gohan argument. It is just Luke > everyone else in everything. Luke has highest potential. Luke fulfilled said potential.

Luke beat one of the strongest sith ever, and one of the best duelists ever (broken Anakin) with a very short training period, and no one to practice dueling with (lighsabers), and without the benefit of training as a child. Now take that, and add years of training (what happens in novels afterwards) and you can see where this all goes.

Edited by biowareftw