Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

can't we all agree that anakin skywalker is the most powerful force user ever? He was 20,000+ mitochondria- i mean midchlorians- deep in the force.

That is well over 9,000.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala!!!!! I'm not listening!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Skywalker was the most powerful Jedi of all time, period.

This isn't an issue that's up for debate or a matter of opinion. It's quite clear according to both EU lore and George Lucas himself that Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever.

Trying to argue this is like trying to argue that the speed limit isn't really 55 to a cop who's pulled you over.

Jania Solo became the sword of the Jedi after defeating her brother Jacen/Cadeus.

As already said Anakin Solo became one with the force when he died

All the Solo children the grand children of Anakin Skywalker.

Taking another point of view it could be arguede that Mara Jade was the most powerful as she brought out the best in Luke.

Theres no doubt that Kyp was strong so was Coran Horn where as Kyp fell to Exar Kun Corran resisted and eventualy destroyed the sith lord base of power on Yavin 4

Luke Skywalker was the most powerful Jedi of all time, period.

This isn't an issue that's up for debate or a matter of opinion. It's quite clear according to both EU lore and George Lucas himself that Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever.

Trying to argue this is like trying to argue that the speed limit isn't really 55 to a cop who's pulled you over.

Glad its not me repeating this same line again.

Luke was a joke in the movies, the stupid books don't mean anything

Yeah they do... At least they do if you're going to discuss EU lore on a EU site. Any discussion here has to include all the EU lore, because by it's very nature SWTOR is part of the EU lore.

Don't like it, don't post here. If you post here however the EU lore counts.

Also based purely upon the movies Luke wins because he'd be the last surviving Jedi. Also George Lucas himself, who doesn't care much about EU lore has said it...

So again you can't really argue this, not any more then you can argue the speed limit with a cop.

Edited by VanorDM

Yeah they do... At least they do if you're going to discuss EU lore on a EU site. Any discussion here has to include all the EU lore, because by it's very nature SWTOR is part of the EU lore.

Don't like it, don't post here. If you post here however the EU lore counts.

Also based purely upon the movies Luke wins because he'd be the last surviving Jedi. Also George Lucas himself, who doesn't care much about EU lore has said it...

So again you can't really argue this, not any more then you can argue the speed limit with a cop.

The books mean nothing to me, luke was a weak ***** in the movies and the only thing he was good at was piloting. I could care less about all the bad writing that turned him into super saiyan 10 luke, it's corny.

The books mean nothing to me

Then why in the world would you get involved in this conversation?

It's a bit like getting involved in discussion on Fender vs Ibanez when you don't even play guitar. If you don't care for the EU don't get into discussions about the EU, seems simple enough to me.

The books mean nothing to me, luke was a weak ***** in the movies and the only thing he was good at was piloting. I could care less about all the bad writing that turned him into super saiyan 10 luke, it's corny.

So what about the novelizations of the movies, that came out before the movies? They must count seeing as they are of the movies themselves, even if you take the novels around just the movies and between them all it shows Luke was a great jedi. You can only do so much with a movie, a novel you can do pretty much anything.

You can't pinpoint the most powerful jedi. You can pinpoint them in separate categories... but not in an overall fashion. Galen Marek had incredible strength... but not too much wisdom. Revan had a great leadership level, but was defeated by a few players in SWTOR and could not sense betrayal. Anakin was powerful in the force, but was overcome by confidence. You get it? All of them have weaknesses and it is nearly impossible to decide who is the greatest jedi.

All of them have weaknesses and it is nearly impossible to decide who is the greatest jedi.

No that's not true at all.

I can say quite plainly that Luke was the most powerful Jedi of all times. I can point out EU stuff that he did that no other Jedi could. I can point out how he single handedly rebuilt the Jedi Order.

I can point out how George Lucas himself said that Luke was the realization of the power Anakin should of had but never did.

Ben Kenobi is the greatest swordsmen that ever lived!

Again no. Luke was a much better swordsman then Obi-wan was. So was Mace for that matter.

Edited by VanorDM

How can anyone argue that Old Ben is not the greatest swordsmen that ever lived?!? He utterly destroyed Darth Maul when he was a mere Padawan, defeated quad-wielding General Grievous and houses the Chosen One in a head to head duel.

Obi Wan may not be the strongest force wielder of all time, but he is hands down the most gifted swordsmen the Galaxy has ever seen! :)

How can anyone argue that Old Ben is not the greatest swordsmen that ever lived?!? He utterly destroyed Darth Maul when he was a mere Padawan, defeated quad-wielding General Grievous and houses the Chosen One in a head to head duel.

Obi Wan may not be the strongest force wielder of all time, but he is hands down the most gifted swordsmen the Galaxy has ever seen! :)

By the time Obi-Wan and Maul faced, Obi-Wan was practically a jedi knight in skill all he had to do was pass the trials. Grevious...ok but so did Kit Fisto, and both times Obi-Wan almost lost against Maul and Grevious he just took a gamble on attacking them the way he did. Same with Anakin, that was the biggest gamble of them all if Obi-Wan had swung too soon or too late Anakin would have killed him right then and there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If you define most powerful as most force potential then Anakin was the most powerful but there are 2 problems to this. midichlorians are not a direct measurement of force power (according to the book “darth plagueis” so you non book ppl ignore) and as far as I know, no one tested lukes midichlorian count :p but he definently never reached that potential because obi wan set him back permanently in his metal body he could not grasps the force like before. Sidious once thought anakin would be his apprentice but after his fight with obi he was just a tool. He could have been the most powerful but he was not.

starkiller is Not the most powerful as

Sidious killed him in a force explosion that did little damage to himself

pulling a stardestroyer out of the sky although impressive has been done to an extent by others. i.e. yoda used the force to pull one cis drop ship into another with very little effort where as starkiller almost died. And of course “size matters not”

Not Mace Windu. Some people like to believe that mace beat Sidious but no Sidious was just using him to get Anakin. And once Anakin was on his side UNLIMITED POOOOOOOOWAAA ensues and mace was done like that *snaps*. Mace Windu was definitely powerful but not as powerful as hype would suggest. At one point Windu himself, doubts that he could beat obi-wan in a duel but this was mostly based on the nature of their fighting styles.

Not Obi-wan because wait does anyone even think obi-wan is the most powerful? Prolly not he didn’t get much hype. Obi wan was know for being a master of defense. That is the main reason he was chosen to fight grevious because obi-wan was a master of form 3 lightsaber dueling and could block up to 20 strikes per second. But that did not make him the best swordsman dooku was an expert swordsman of form 2 the perfect counter to form 3 and new exactly how to manuiver obi-wan to a position he could preform a Shiim (disarming move)

It was not yoda because even though yoda fought the emperor and survived. Luke fought the reborn emperor in a younger body and won. (if you discount the books ignore this, yoda is the most powerful) luke then goes on to learn many new abilities that are not from the jedi as well as embrace the truth about relationships and their potential to bring out the best of a jedi. He completely destroys multiple sith lords and fights off a being of complete evil + multiple sith all while injured. If you read the books there is little doubt that luke is the most powerful jedi up to date. However if you close your eyes cover your ears and go "lalalalalalalal I'm not listening" then yoda would be the most powerful.

tl;dr: If you discount the EU then yoda was the most powerful. But if you consider all of the EU the Luke is the most powerful jedi to date

wow, most of you are sadly mistaken and fail to see the obvious answer, Anikin Skywalker is the most powerful jedi of all time and i mean jedi anikin not Darth Vader, Anikin is the chosen one for a reason, also based purely on his midichlorian count he beats any other contenders, he is pure midichlorian, sure he was a whiny baby that does not detour him from being the most powerful jedi of all time

Luke was a joke in the movies, the stupid books don't mean anything

Er, no, he wasn't. Not even counting the books (EU), the novelizations of the movies (that came out before the films did) have him learning and mastering Lightsaber forms on the fly. He is Anakin Skywalker's potential realized, that's a George Lucas fact. Luke Skywalker has the most instinctive grasp of the Force arts in the history of the galaxy.

Edited by Aximand

Anikin Skywalker is the most powerful jedi of all time and i mean jedi anikin not Darth Vader, Anikin is the chosen one for a reason

You are quite simply wrong.

He was supposed to be the most powerful Jedi, but he fell to the dark side and his potential was never realized. Luke became what Anakin was supposed to be, but never was.

Edited by VanorDM

By the time Obi-Wan and Maul faced, Obi-Wan was practically a jedi knight in skill all he had to do was pass the trials. Grevious...ok but so did Kit Fisto, and both times Obi-Wan almost lost against Maul and Grevious he just took a gamble on attacking them the way he did. Same with Anakin, that was the biggest gamble of them all if Obi-Wan had swung too soon or too late Anakin would have killed him right then and there.

Obi Wan is so clutch. ;)

At least we know the jedi's main weakness: the light side.

The light side keeps them from killing enemies that will eventually come back to kill them.

The light side does not let jedi unlock their peak potential.

Now without boring you with a 380 page list about how weak the light side can be, I will simply say that every single jedi's weakness was the light side. Anakin basically took out every single jedi when he turned dark. That is power.