Marriage and kids?

Yermog

He might take a kid there anyway to see what a Hive is like. I recall one point where he invited the Agent to go there with him.

On a somewhat related note, I kind of wish they had given the romacable's pet names for the characters. It kind of kills the mood when Quinn says "My Lord, let's talk about having a family together," and Andronikus just calls the SI "Sith." They all do that.

What would be wrong with that? I guess my rose tinted glasses make me fail to see how this is a bad thing. :jawa_confused:

As for pet names, I think there's a whole other thread where people requested things like that. I agree, though, it would be nice to be called something other than "my lord", "agent", "captain", etc. :jawa_smile:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one them do. Kira, for example, calls the JK 'tough guy'.

Speaking of, I can't be the only person who finds the idea of Kira and the JK having children absolutely hilarious? Especially since they'd have to have Doc deliver it. T7 would probably make a good uncle.

Some one them do. Kira, for example, calls the JK 'tough guy'.

Speaking of, I can't be the only person who finds the idea of Kira and the JK having children absolutely hilarious? Especially since they'd have to have Doc deliver it. T7 would probably make a good uncle.

Do you honestly think Kira would ever let Doc anywhere near... *cough*

Anyways T7 would make a great uncle. At least up until Scourge inevitable kidnaps the kid to train him to be a Sith. I can't imagine Rusk would do anything that would be particularly useful for the kid.

Images of the spouses teaching their kids "skills" are now floating through my head...

Mako: "Okay, honey, now when you want to hack into government bases, you have to remember that they're always double encrypted..."

Malavi: "Alright, you seem to have memorized how to properly address all of the Sith Lords. Now let's move on to- don't you DARE set me on fire again!" (I think he'd secretly be a hard-***, despite the SW being in charge.)

Corso: "Now, aim straight ahead, focus on their nose, and imagine that they're a magnet for the blaster bullet. Good job, sweetie!"

Vette: "Remember, always hide the card in your BOOT. They'll be watching your sleeves..."

Oh, the lessons just go on and on...

Hahaha! I can only imagine what the Smuggler would instill in his/her child! :D

He might take a kid there anyway to see what a Hive is like. I recall one point where he invited the Agent to go there with him.

On a somewhat related note, I kind of wish they had given the romacable's pet names for the characters. It kind of kills the mood when Quinn says "My Lord, let's talk about having a family together," and Andronikus just calls the SI "Sith." They all do that.

I actually kind of felt like Andronikus calling my inquisitor "sith" WAS kind of a pet-name. After all, he doesn't call any other sith you run into (that I've seen) "sith", just you. You're like "his" sith. :jawa_smile:

My lady, would be a start. Lord doesn't quite cut the mustard. :p

I actually kind of felt like Andronikus calling my inquisitor "sith" WAS kind of a pet-name. After all, he doesn't call any other sith you run into (that I've seen) "sith", just you. You're like "his" sith. :jawa_smile:

Well, when you say it like THAT, it's a lot cuter.

I can see Malavai being a pretty good dad, he would instill discipline in the kid, of course chart the child's future from the time it was born. He would teach it manners, honor, loyalty to the Empire and how to be a good soldier if it was not force sensitive. I can see also being nice to to the kid and being gentle. If the child was a girl I can see him being somewhat of a softie but not too much.

I feel like they need to add a story arc that involves your marriage, legal or otherwise, getting you or your spouse into trouble, either with the Jedi Counsel, or an enemy using him/her as bait, or something like that. After the marriage and/or kid conversation, there's not much else that happens with your character and companion.

Honestly I wanted to see some sort of thing where the Jedi counsel or Satele ask me about my marriage to Doc. Although there were no witnesses to the event so I suppose it may not happen unless someone else on the ship rats me out at some point or another. I think it would be a fun and interesting thing to happen.

I know they said they'd expand on the companion relationships in the future so we can only wait and see what they do. Kids I'm not interested in quite so much (not at all actually), but companion reactions (I always giggle at the thought of Kira reacting to my marriage to Doc Or Kaliyo making fun of me for being with Vector etc etc) and other fun stuff has the potential for huge amounts of lots of fun dialogue options.

Let's see...

EDIT: Wow, that turned into a wall of text there. Read it if you want. If not, that's what the spoiler is for.

Sith Warrior Companions;

Vette: Adoption seems to be their only route here. I always pictured her adopting a force sensitive child with My Sith Warrior, and the child becoming my apprentice

Quinn: Would take being a father very seriously. I imagine female Sith Warrior's would receive an awful lot of literature on pregnancy. Overall, seems like a typical military father.

Pierce: I always pictured (never actually gone through it) the Pierce Romance as more of a fling than a long term thing. Any kid would likely be accidental, and I don't see him doing a whole lot with the upbringing.

Jaesa: Mommy's little villain. Or we could always hope that having the kid might put her through a bit of character development (... THat came out somewhat sexist. My point was that it would be nice to see DS Jaesa become a bit more 3-dimensional)

Sith Inquisitor; Have not played far enough to evaluate any of the characters

Bounty Hunter;

Mako: Seems like she'd be a nice, caring mom. My biggest question is whether or not any kids would get cybernetic enhancements/

Torion: Adoption vs. Biological is not a big thing for the Mando'ade. I could totally see an expanded arc dealing with the he and the Bounty Hunter adopting a child they encountered.

Imperial Agent;

Kaliyo: I'm playing a female Agent, so I can't speculate exactly here. But honestly? I wouldn't expect the Male agent to even find out about the kid.

Temple: Never met her

Vector: From what I know of him, seems like he'd be a very caring parent. Given that the rejects the Agent herself becoming a joiner, I don't think he would put any pressure on any children to become joiners.

Trooper:

Aric: Adoption here. Played a male trooper, and don't know what his endgame personality is once that outer shell comes down. Definately going to be a military family, though.

Elara: I imagine (particularly considering my Own trooper came from a military family) any offspring she and the Trooper would have continuing the Dorne family tradition of joining the military.

Smuggler;

Corso: Very... Traditionalist. I think there'd be some tension here between the smuggler and him over settling down (at least until the kids are here. Then I picture the smuggler (Or at least mine) settling into the role more fully, much like Han did_.

Female Companions: Never met Avaki or however you spell it, although given she's a mando, I imagine it'd be similar to Torion. Risha... Two conversations with her (as a woman) is not enough to judge her.

Jedi Consuler; Not even off Coruscant here.

Jedi Knight;

Doc: The primary problem here is what happens if the kid is force sensitive. Otherwise, I see him settling down a bit once he becomes a father, again, like Han did.

Kira: Almost certainly a force sensitive offspring. Don't know how the romance resolves, so can't speculate further.

Edited by KorinHyvek
WALLS OF TEXT!

Andronikus Revel would probably be a better dad than Pierce would; despite his money over mercy attitude and other similar thoughts on life, he seems very protective of the SI (plus he marries her and all) and would probably be the same with any kids they have.

Any kids with Ashara would have to be through adoption since her race isn't available for play. Still, I think she'd be affectionate and want to raise any force-sensitive children herself so they at least get a good balance of both light side and dark side.

Andronikus Revel would probably be a better dad than Pierce would; despite his money over mercy attitude and other similar thoughts on life, he seems very protective of the SI (plus he marries her and all) and would probably be the same with any kids they have.

Any kids with Ashara would have to be through adoption since her race isn't available for play. Still, I think she'd be affectionate and want to raise any force-sensitive children herself so they at least get a good balance of both light side and dark side.

Ashara and I got to 10k affection, she says we can't get officially marked without the Jedi consauls approval, and she said if we have kids, she will protect them, raise them, And train them as both Jedi and sith if something ever happens to me.

Do you have kids?

Sith Warrior

You get married to Jaesa and have 2 kids. She stops putting out and Vette won't either. You go on a sexually deprived drinking binge receiving a huge beer belly for all your effort. Jaesa is mad at you cause she sits on the ship and looks after the kids while you go out and get to do all the killing. In the end, she gets a divorce taking the kids and your ship leaving you the incompetent ship droid that never shuts up. :D

The End

Edited by DRocck

This has always been a dream concept to have a legacy version of a game. That just like the sims you have a lifespan. Unless you become a Jedi master and live hundreds of years, the only other way to play the game would be to have a linage or legacy. The quests would halt once your toon dies the story line would continue as your young infant grew to become eligable to play. The dialogue would evolve and change to 'just like your father/mother did before you we need this resolved, young jedi'....... blah blah,, I dunno its lots of work and viables. Doable all the same.

This would be awesome, a game so vast it grew with you and techs change with development, the path you laid before as a parent changes the world you grow up in. Faction alignments change and so on..

Anyway back to topic...

Juggling the plight of parenthood in the current game format would be tough,.. contanstly having to go home to nurish kids would be grinding as the missions itself. maybe

I feel like they need to add a story arc that involves your marriage, legal or otherwise, getting you or your spouse into trouble, either with the Jedi Counsel, or an enemy using him/her as bait, or something like that. After the marriage and/or kid conversation, there's not much else that happens with your character and companion.

Yeah, I wanna see our romanced companions get kidnapped, and we have to approach and work with someone on the other side to get them back. Put our personal feelings in conflict with our loyalty to our faction. And our desire for our own safety, for those who don't have much of the former.

Well, I'm really into kids with Torian (I'm playing human, so no problems here), but first I'd like to have someting after the last talk with him. I get the love letters, but Torian's the only thing keeping me from just uninstalling the game due to constant crashes, so... :D

Apart from this, I think Torian would make a great father - more than my BH, whom I'd imagine rather snappy. For some reason I imagine them having a baby girl. I don't know why, but if feels more challenging. And I imagine Torian with this little blond/redhead girl in his arms, telling her war-time stories as bed-time tales.

Hm, I haven't been writing in years but fan-ficion here I come! :D

Edited by Lara_Nilsson

Some companions will bring up adoption if you're separate races? That's interesting. I had no idea. I guess I assumed that since Sith "purebloods" and humans could reproduce that a majority of the humanoid races could do the same.

Any examples of a pair that brings up adoption rather than conception?

Jorgan, who is Cathar, brought up adoption with my human. I assumed that since we were able to do the deed, we would be able to reproduce. But maybe that line is in there because there are no playable cathar?

I know that after Iresso and I got engaged, he got a phone call from the council on Tython interrogating him.