The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

I will ONLY support X-realm LFG if and ONLY IF I can make friends with people I encounter through the system AND can either go their server OR invite them to mine whenever I want.

Why? Because flashpoints & operations are ONLY a small portion of what I do in this game. I wish to have a network of friends that I can not just chat with but hang out with, run instanced and non instanced content, help through my crew skills or they help me through theirs, meet up in fleet and act goofy or something, ride shotgun in their ship among other things.

So until I can do all that with the people I meet up through a X-realm LFG system...

I VOTE NO!!!

You can learn to make friends other ways. Like you said, Flashpoints are just one facet of the game. Make friends in pvp, ops, or questing in the world. Everybody can't solo those heroic 4 quests, they'll need help.

Stop depending on flashpoints as a social crutch. Learn to make friends other ways.

Also, you asked me to go to WoW and spam chat for a group. Well, I don't play WoW but you're right, people would ask you to use the tool. Because it improves the process.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if flashpoints are the only way you socialize then you got more problems then naught. LFD is coming anyways, we played this same little dance in WoW and the correct side won there too. It just takes time.

It will come in time.

We already know lfg is being worked on and we know that cross serer for it is being considered.

We also know BW stance on cross server has changed since cross server pvp is happening.

Cross server will happen in time i am sure.

As more and more games add cross server to their line up BW will end up forced to go cross server also to stay competitive.

They will do what ever it takes to keep and get more people playing. Its about MONEY and like it or not thats the way this world is. If without it they keep losing people they will put it in and a few posts saying if they do I will leave means nothing.

See who cares what the forums say.. IN GAME what are people saying? People have been tried of waiting and waiting and waiting for groups. Prove to them IN GAME .show them how it will hurt not just with your lips aka text in a forum.

If the engine could handle it, they should just have a dozen servers with the appropriate PvP/RP/PvE and time zone mixes... then cross server wouldn't be necessary and one large community can develop and grow. But alas, I don't think the engine or the servers could handle it... But that would be ideal.

If the engine could handle it, they should just have a dozen servers with the appropriate PvP/RP/PvE and time zone mixes... then cross server wouldn't be necessary and one large community can develop and grow. But alas, I don't think the engine or the servers could handle it... But that would be ideal.
Nah, I'd say that small servers with cross server lfg is clearly the better option: low lag; small tight knit server communities; large, well developed game community; fast groups for everyone who wants them; the ability to run groups with only the people you know as well. Edited by ferroz

You can learn to make friends other ways. Like you said, Flashpoints are just one facet of the game. Make friends in pvp, ops, or questing in the world. Everybody can't solo those heroic 4 quests, they'll need help.

Stop depending on flashpoints as a social crutch. Learn to make friends other ways.

Also, you asked me to go to WoW and spam chat for a group. Well, I don't play WoW but you're right, people would ask you to use the tool. Because it improves the process.

That is true. However one of the best things I've seen implemented in this game is how you can easily add someone to your friends list after a flashpoint. I am not saying I'm not going to add friends in other ways but why take out means of gaining friends. That does not make any sense to me.

Can we please except the fact that trying to do without failed miserably? Not having a LFG tool only drove folks away from FPs: it did nothing to foster community building.

Prolonging the inevitable seems silly.

BW experimented with time travel and it blew up in their faces. The reason LFG tools are popular is because folks use them. If you don't like it don't use it. Gen chat will still be littered with LFG/LFM "said heroic" so people will still be spamming and chatting with each other.

It will come in time.

We already know lfg is being worked on and we know that cross serer for it is being considered.

We also know BW stance on cross server has changed since cross server pvp is happening.

Cross server will happen in time i am sure.

As more and more games add cross server to their line up BW will end up forced to go cross server also to stay competitive.

While I advocate for cross-server LFG, I have to argue with the last statement in your post.

BW doesn't necessarily need to have cross-server to be competitive. What they need to do is find a way for players to get into groups with a wait time that is acceptable to those players. If servers were populated enough, then in theory a single-server LFG tool could do that.

Cross-server LFG is one way to solve the waiting for group problem. Higher population servers is another way, and there are a few options to get to that point (transfers, mergers, big influx of players to name 3).

BW doesn't necessarily need to have cross-server to be competitive. What they need to do is find a way for players to get into groups with a wait time that is acceptable to those players. If servers were populated enough, then in theory a single-server LFG tool could do that.

Cross-server LFG is one way to solve the waiting for group problem. Higher population servers is another way, and there are a few options to get to that point (transfers, mergers, big influx of players to name 3).

However, is it likely that merely condensing servers will achieve this desired result? If not that how else do you propose they increase populations on each server? Transfers are going to be limited and spread across host of servers, unless BW funnels folks into just a few. I already discussed merging. "A big influx of players" would require a huge, and decent, content patch along with incentives for resubbing (cheaper long term sub cost). I am not sure this next patch will bring the masses back into the fold, but I have been wrong before.

Edited by Evironrage

it is an inevitability. eventually cross server lfg will happen so you may as well join the winning side.

of all the pointless things people whine about this is the one that i truly do not understand. you all say that somehow, in some way, cross server lfg will magically destroy the community, but not one single person is able to provide even a scrap of evidence as to how that happens.

This, and cross-warzones I dislike

Even at weird times like 3am, warzones only take a couple mins to pop, I myself have met multiple friends by doing warzones

DEAR GOD NO LFG TOOL, people ninja everything as they cant get a bad server rep, they basically just say "GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO SPACEBAR SPACEBAR GO GO GO", are complete dbags, and dont like talking to anyone

I don't really see why it would matter in this game. Servers here are just generic places to play with no real life or personality of their own like normal, multiplayer MMOs. I go from one server from to the next and can't tell the difference anyway so why not?

DEAR GOD NO LFG TOOL, people ninja everything as they cant get a bad server rep, they basically just say "GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO SPACEBAR SPACEBAR GO GO GO", are complete dbags, and dont like talking to anyone

It happens already and no tool is required to let people roll on stuff for their companions (aka Ninja-looting). As for spacebar mashing, level up to 50 then spam LFG HM like crazy. No one in his sane mind would let you go though all the dialog sequences without hitting spacebar to get things done as quick as possible

In EVE Online/DAOC theres only one server, obviously they do not have a community!

If SWTOR had been done right, it wouldn't be a themepark, and it would also only have one server.

The galaxy is a big, big place. Except here. here it is very, very small. And of that tiny part you can only see a tiny part of that tiny part. And then only along this little path here. No, not over there, you'll get tired. Right...here.

Edited by Akash

even if true, still to long

and how about low-lvl fp or not prime-time

And what about all those dps on other game QQing about 20-30+ minute waits?

10 minutes blows that LFG que right out of the water, and it was through talking to Community members.

If you want a LFG tool, which what they do have is lacking in good function ability and the lack of players willing to actually use it, then it should be, and they are "fixing it", server community only and Not X-Server.

People are complaining this is an MMO (forgetting the RPG) , where's the Community? Oh I'll just hit this button and wait for a rng lfg FP without having to talk to anyone at all.

Make up your own minds, stop getting spoon fed and think about it.

I have alts on 2 servers, I Never have a problem finding people to do things with, and it's not just the heroics and flash points, but just questing together, yapping (typing) away and Enjoying the game. And I am Not on the , I guess, High Pop Servers, and I've rolled both Imperials and Republic.

Chat, talk, make friends, have a good time and enjoy the game.

Oh, and to sensiblepoast, I am not "Pro" raid guild at all or in the least. I gave that up long ago, I want to make friends and enjoy the game content.

Edited by Esproc

What might help a lot is some sort of server-wide LFG channel. What's annoying is that all the FP's are based out of the Fleet. My server usually has a decent number of people in Fleet on both factions: but most of them are level 50s. If I'm level 20 and interested in finding a group for Hammer Station or Athiss, there's very few people in Fleet available. It would be nice to have a way to do quests in my character's level range while still looking for a group.

What might help a lot is some sort of server-wide LFG channel. What's annoying is that all the FP's are based out of the Fleet. My server usually has a decent number of people in Fleet on both factions: but most of them are level 50s. If I'm level 20 and interested in finding a group for Hammer Station or Athiss, there's very few people in Fleet available. It would be nice to have a way to do quests in my character's level range while still looking for a group.

They have these quest pick-ups on Planet "xyz" and that is where I have normally found groups for those FPs. And if you are 1 short, have someone go to Fleet/Station and check there. Normally at that point if you are only one person short it is easier to get the group flushed, because there is no more looking to the new person. I actually have to post replies of "sorry, we filled up".

They have these quest pick-ups on Planet "xyz" and that is where I have normally found groups for those FPs. And if you are 1 short, have someone go to Fleet/Station and check there. Normally at that point if you are only one person short it is easier to get the group flushed, because there is no more looking to the new person. I actually have to post replies of "sorry, we filled up".

Really? I've only noticed the quest-givers on the Fleet.