Let's Work Together to Make SWTOR Better. You in?

--Ramzes--

I know what youre trying to do there Op.

Gotta say this though in relation to your thread title. No thanks. As a sidenote, If there is anything I appreciate in this game, it's the actual time, work and creativity that the people (designers, you know all the people youll never see, never hear of) put into it.

Outside of that? All due respect to those who deserve it, I have no desire to help EA or Bioware "make SWTOR better." We dont pay to design this game, we dont pay a sub to teach them about fun or game development. Thats their job. It was their job when they made their game, its their job when people moan and groan. My only committment is the sub and when I feel Im done, Im moving on.

That said, I beta tested, Ive given feedback and now... heres a tidbit of a clue. The game is not bad but it needs a TON of gameplay added so... keep it comin'. Genius level feedback I know, but thats all I got.

Good luck Op.

You refuse to help, but you are all for complaining ... GG. Its easy to *****, complain and moan about something . Its harder to help someone.

Do you always have to be getting something in return to help someone?

I help people all the time , its a flaw in my character, do I get burned? Yes I do does it bother me? sometimes it does. At least I know I tried to help, contribute and make the world a better place.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope tried doing this during beta we all know how that went juding by all the major bugs and glitches that never got fixed. Plus the fact we tried and tried to get basic items added and yet 6 months after release they still have no idea when it will be done.

Hood down, armour color matching, lfg tool, gtn search and common sense filter, jedis big butt, combat delay, pants for consular and inquisitor, off rails space combat and open pvp space combat, guild bank...guess i could keep going at this point its just another...were working on it when they knew people wanted all these BASIC things, o well what other MMO do we have....

How ever this wasn't really their fault they didnt have a very big budget to work with..:rolleyes:

/sarcasm

You refuse to help, but you are all for complaining ... GG. Its easy to *****, complain and moan about something . Its harder to help someone.

I help people all the time , its a flaw in my character, do I get burned? Yes I do does it bother me? sometimes it does. At least I know I tried to help, contribute and make the world a better place.

Uh, you remember we all paid money for this, right? And continue to do so?

That guy is under no obligation to help EA do anything, and if he wants to beef, that's fine. He is paying for the privilege. Literally.

Plus the fact we tried and tried to get basic items added and yet 6 months after release they still have no idea when it will be done.

Did I go into a coma or is it still February? Right.

I understand there's some frustration, but if you're giving up trying to make the game and community better then why are you still here?

2. ALWAYS provide ways for people to improve their characters. That doesn’t mean that you have to roll out a raid zone every month but take a look at the Advanced Achievent (AA) system that Everquest 1 had. There were over 1,000 points that could be earned with extensive grinding but guess what, it kept people going.

I couldn't agree more. Stuff like that would keep me going!

Uh, you remember we all paid money for this, right? And continue to do so?

That guy is under no obligation to help EA do anything, and if he wants to beef, that's fine. He is paying for the privilege. Literally.

there's Minor problems but nothing really major to complain about. You want Major problems Play Conan, play Rift which is going free to Play. play DCUO which also went free to play. When Lotro came out It failed as well and took years to build up the audience they have now in it.

Are Jedi big butts really a legitimate reason to stop playing this game????

You think 15 dollars is a lot of money? its more expensive to go to the movies with a family of 4 then it is to play and get entertain by Tor. Which gives you hours and hours of entertainment. Even then you are lucky if the movie doesn't suck.

Name another game where you can play in the star wars universe. how many MMo's are stuck in some stupid fantasy setting?

I understand what you are saying but some complaints are childish.

Edited by FiveDeadlyVenoms

I scanned your post, OP. I would have been very, very interested in your proposal two or three weeks ago before Bioware announce that only four countries would be allowed free transfers to Oceanic servers. My Oceanic country has been excluded from this. So, my interest in SWTOR has changed from being extremely enthusiastic to meh, since I won't be enjoying playing on a possibly barren server.

I wish you all the best in your endeavour to improve SWTOR, and hope Bioware would not be unresponsive to your proposals like they did to us excluded Oceanic players.

I hope your improved SWTOR can be implemented before the Guild Wars 2 beta testing videos come out in a few weeks time.

Edited by Ratior

whatever man.

Edited by MarcosAguila

there's Minor problems but nothing really major to complain about. You want Major problems Play Conan, play Rift which is going free to Play. play DCUO which also went free to play. When Lotro came out It failed as well and took years to build up the audience they have now in it.

Are Jedi big butts really a legitimate reason to stop playing this game????

You think 15 dollars is a lot of money? its more expensive to go to the movies with a family of 4 then it is to play and get entertain by Tor. Which gives you hours and hours of entertainment. Even then you are lucky if the movie doesn't suck.

Name another game where you can play in the star wars universe. how many MMo's are stuck in some stupid fantasy setting?

I understand what you are saying but some complaints are childish.

YOu talk about f2p like its a bad thing, it can actually bring much more money than monthly sub model. Who knows, maybe this game is f2p in a year also.

Edited by Forsbacka

I am coming to think that there is only one way this game can get back on the right track

a free expansion very soon with lots of changes to how the game is right now.

including. more content.

more loot

more RANDOMIZED mobs.

more cap lvl planets

more..SPACE traveling

more starships

more races

more

the game has many flaws but above all it feels like a miniaturized wow. it feels the same. the boss fights are the same, it might have been ok if it had launched being a mini wow/eve together, but as it is right now, this game belongs to wii's and PS2 (and that kinda audience) not PC's...

I agree with you here but the hardcores are interested in raiding and raiding only. hardcore players solo and group as a side thing.

any good MMO should be built on like tiers, raiding for the hardcores , soloing for the casuals and with 5 man grouping coming something in between.

making a game only for a hardcore audience is silly. people want to play a game not file an application for a job . like some guilds do these days.

A greed system will attract terrible people

your definition of players is sooo narrow.. casuals->gamers->hcgamers->pros

this game as it is caters only for casuals.. mmo's cant possibly survive on a population that logs in 3-4 hours once every 2-3 days. servers would be endlessly empty. and even then, youd REALLY need crosserver LFG to find a group then..

mmo's need to cater for all 3 these audiences

your definition of players is sooo narrow.. casuals->gamers->hcgamers->pros

this game as it is caters only for casuals.. mmo's cant possibly survive on a population that logs in 3-4 hours once every 2-3 days. servers would be endlessly empty. and even then, youd REALLY need crosserver LFG to find a group then..

mmo's need to cater for all 3 these audiences

I am afraid you are wrong. Games have been and still are being developed more for casuals then hardcore because there are more casuals playing. It is all about the money.

Sure games still have things that hardcore people can do, but if you look back on the games from the past 5+ years they have all become more easily played, more easy to solo, so people didnt have to have anyone else. Oh these games still had some areas that would require groups and even some dungeons that more hardcore people could run.

Even GW2 when it comes out has been said by the developers that you can solo the whole game if you wish. Sure they are going to have some dungeons that will be hardcore, but those same dungeons will also have settings that allow you to solo them.

Hardcore gamers still exist, but they need to understand that from a money point of view game companies are going to cater more to the casual player as there are more casual players. Keeping the casual player happy keeps more money rolling in.

I am afraid you are wrong. Games have been and still are being developed more for casuals then hardcore because there are more casuals playing. It is all about the money.

Sure games still have things that hardcore people can do, but if you look back on the games from the past 5+ years they have all become more easily played, more easy to solo, so people didnt have to have anyone else. Oh these games still had some areas that would require groups and even some dungeons that more hardcore people could run.

Even GW2 when it comes out has been said by the developers that you can solo the whole game if you wish. Sure they are going to have some dungeons that will be hardcore, but those same dungeons will also have settings that allow you to solo them.

Hardcore gamers still exist, but they need to understand that from a money point of view game companies are going to cater more to the casual player as there are more casual players. Keeping the casual player happy keeps more money rolling in.

Although other games has content for non casuals also, unlike ToR.

why are all these post trying to fix the game walls of text...

Why do you keep posting in them?

Don't read them tiger, if you see they're a wall of text just close it and move on. Problem solved. :)

Does that help clear things up for you?

Edited by boatracer

The casuals want the best gear as quick and as easy as possible thats it. Nothing else but the best gear fast and easy.

Are you capable of making a post without getting things wrong or simply generalizing? All casuals are like that huh? Not likely. Btw, it's been a while since you've told people that they have no right to post on the forum if they like the game.

Some good points here.

However, I would recommend removing number one. The people you're referring to that are linking this incredible gear would only be "inspiring" the new hardcores (still a minority).

To everyone else, you're just linking stuff they can either never have or stuff they could only get if they play the game in ways they hate. That won't encourage the masses. It'll discourage them.

"Look at this awesome piece of gear!"

"That looks sweet! How can I get that?"

"Only from hardcore raiding."

"But.. I hate raiding. Is there another way to get it?"

"No. Sheesh, stop being so entitled. This is RAID ONLY gear. You want it, learn to enjoy raiding."

"Well, what can I get by playing casually?"

"Look at what that level 50 casual is linking. That."

"Oh, cool. I like that too!"

Why on earth would catering to the minority so they can flaunt stuff the majority will never have create goals for that majority?

Exactly this. Catering to a very small Elite leaves the rest feel like second class.

(I dont know if you remember the adding of the Sunwell in WoW, a Superultraelite - Instance only a few player ever saw, wasted to the masses, but people felt never being so good, it didnt matter that the Instance was there, someone wearing gear from there was more rediculed as No-Lifer).

Something reachable only in a way not complementing your playstyle is NOT a goal. Its at most something indiffrent, and at worse something at taunts you and makes you unhappy.

(Compare WoW "high-Arena-Rating-Only" Armour pieces no one of a certain rating ever got).

Exactly this. Catering to a very small Elite leaves the rest feel like second class.

(I dont know if you remember the adding of the Sunwell in WoW, a Superultraelite - Instance only a few player ever saw, wasted to the masses, but people felt never being so good, it didnt matter that the Instance was there, someone wearing gear from there was more rediculed as No-Lifer).

Something reachable only in a way not complementing your playstyle is NOT a goal. Its at most something indiffrent, and at worse something at taunts you and makes you unhappy.

I don't know, it motivated me.

My opinion is that it's fine to care what gear others are wearing but most people seem to put way too much emphasis on it. So what if some guy has an ultrasuperepic piece? He put the hours (effort) in and got it. If you don't think that's worth it, then just don't do it?

If You think anybody from devs will actually read this, You are just not thinking clearly.

And if by any chance they would read this, they wont implement anything in the game anyway..so You might as well just give this up.

its not You who should be telling Bioware what to do. They should know that by now. Just the fact that ppl are making these topics is clear evidence that BW has no idea what their community want and what the game should look like.