Attacking republic in Open World is griefing?

Ziegler

You're a sociopath for killing pixels in a video game?

Gotcha. :rolleyes:

I have never killed a pixel in my life.

In pvp, does the p stand for pixel or player? I play against players.

Here's some info on diagnosing sociopathy (note that murder is not a requirement) for you to compare against a PKer (not a pvper, someone who actively goes out to gank / zerg / use every advantage to win as opposed to someone who want a challenging fight to prove his worth):

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM IV-TR), defines antisocial personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:

failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;

deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;

impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead;

irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;

reckless disregard for safety of self or others;

consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;

lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

Edited by Jestunhi

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what results are those? Keep camping lowbies and they eventually quit/move on to other servers. Then you have nobody to play against. That's really smart.

The result is you are the only one who has the weapons and drops from that important boss and your clan becomes the best BECAUSE its the msot powerful in the game and can do taht

Wow this game is carebear central.

I mean its one thing I can't roll into the republic capital world and tear up some face, but now PvP flagged zones aren't allowed to PvP??!?!??!!

lol star wars has a bigger carebear population than WoW did, what a shame.

Edited by darthstve

I have never killed a pixel in my life.

In pvp, does the p stand for pixel or player? I play against players.

Here's some info on diagnosing sociopathy (note that murder is not a requirement) for you to compare against a PKer (not a pvper, someone who actively goes out to gank / zerg / use every advantage to win as opposed to someone who want a challenging fight to prove his worth):

Real life diagnostics doesnt apply to videogame world. All that i kill is other videogame characters, mobs or player controlled characters, doesnt make any difference to me. And how i act ingame doesnt mirror my behaviour or personality in real life.

Edited by Forsbacka

I was doing dailies on Belsavis with another friend and we noticed a Sith group trying to take down the world boss so we went in and killed their healers (just the two of us) and the rest wiped from the boss. We did it about 4 times until we got bored lol.

Real life diagnostics doesnt apply to videogame world. All that i kill is other videogame characters, mobs or player cpntrolled chracters, doent make any difference to me.

Wouldn't that make videogame diagnostics not apply to the realworld too?

In which case, how can there be carebears?

So here is the scenario.

Belsavis World Boss is up. Republic guild is trying to take him down. A group of Imperials attack the repubs.....repeatedly til they abandon the boss.

Imperials get warnings for griefing.

I could have sworn this game said it had open world PVP....and I also could have sworn I chose to play on a PVP server.

So I would like the devs to clarify this.

And a little bit of rant here.

Bioware, you have never been big on the whole PVP thing, so much so that you had to co-opt developers from Warhammer to do it for you. The above example only shows your lack of knowledge about PVP.

A couple of things to enlighten you.

First, open world pvp in the gaming community means.....pvp anywhere, anytime.

On a PVP server, a common practice is denying the opposing faction areas, entrances, bosses....you know...it's almost like....oh I dont know....a WAR...like STAR WARS!!!!

I can deal with bugs, I can deal with slow patches and fixes. (you have been good with patches)...I can deal with alot of things. But one thing I cant stand is a mommy game company babysitting a PVP server.

So I would like some clarification.

Is it ok on a PVP server to actually attack the opposing faction in an organized fashion to deny them areas, quest bosses, or anything else? Can my guild decide to wage war on Belsavis and attempt to deny to the whole world to the republic?

If I kill someone and they come back to the area, am I allowed to keep killing them til they give up? If not, what's the magic number before I am griefing?

One pissed off PVP'er.

Bioware support has a MAJOR babysitting complex to be sure in the game AND on the forums. They need to train their CSRs to use some common sense and know when to step in and when to stay out and mind their own damn business even if it IS their game.:cool:

Wouldn't that make videogame diagnostics not apply to the realworld too?

In which case, how can there be carebears?

Well personally i never understood people that cry on forums or ingame of beeing killed in a videogame.

Edited by Forsbacka

So here is the scenario.

Belsavis World Boss is up. Republic guild is trying to take him down. A group of Imperials attack the repubs.....repeatedly til they abandon the boss.

Imperials get warnings for griefing.

I could have sworn this game said it had open world PVP....and I also could have sworn I chose to play on a PVP server.

So I would like the devs to clarify this.

And a little bit of rant here.

Bioware, you have never been big on the whole PVP thing, so much so that you had to co-opt developers from Warhammer to do it for you. The above example only shows your lack of knowledge about PVP.

A couple of things to enlighten you.

First, open world pvp in the gaming community means.....pvp anywhere, anytime.

On a PVP server, a common practice is denying the opposing faction areas, entrances, bosses....you know...it's almost like....oh I dont know....a WAR...like STAR WARS!!!!

I can deal with bugs, I can deal with slow patches and fixes. (you have been good with patches)...I can deal with alot of things. But one thing I cant stand is a mommy game company babysitting a PVP server.

So I would like some clarification.

Is it ok on a PVP server to actually attack the opposing faction in an organized fashion to deny them areas, quest bosses, or anything else? Can my guild decide to wage war on Belsavis and attempt to deny to the whole world to the republic?

If I kill someone and they come back to the area, am I allowed to keep killing them til they give up? If not, what's the magic number before I am griefing?

One pissed off PVP'er.

Well we shall see how this plays out. I hope it plays in the favor of OPEN PVP!!! like i was promised!

I've played the game since Dec 13th and I've benn in open world PvP just 3 times while leveling and once while lvl 50. That's mainly cos of really carebearish world design, where you rarely meet with other faction.

The only way to play open world PvP is Ilum, but the design of the zone is just terrible and not even close to finished. Dead enviroment, no dynamic or faction NPCs, bad UI notifications etc. Add horrible engine that's probably tuned for groups of max 8 ppl and then start lagging like crazy.

Tatooine pvp zone is just broken promise. Rare vendors? Do you mean the one speeder?

Voss PvP city - nerfed

And now this. Warning for actually killing someone on PvP server.

I feel like PvP server is just shiny name for another PvE server, so Devs can brag about the fact, that they have PvP servers....

I think this scenario would ride on the line of what they'd tolerate. From day 1 BioWare has always said they want PvP to be fun, not a source of griefing and frustration. That's why they designed the planets the way they did, so that you wont be running into enemy players constantly, and with the lower planets completely safe from high level enemies.

Why these Empire players were doing this was specifically to deprive those Republic players of being able to access certain content. It wasn't so that they could kill the world boss, it was so that the Republic players could not. They were actively seeking to disrupt their play for the sole purpose of griefing.

And let's be honest here, it was griefing. As the OP said, they were tagging the world boss so the Republic players couldn't have it, but weren't intending on killing it.

If another player came along and tagged an elite boss for one of your bonus missions, but they didn't kill it and just kept you from being able to have it, you'd consider that griefing.

World bosses take too long to take down for the Republic players to be able to clear out the Empire players and kill the boss before those Empire players respawn and run back.

Edited by jcyrus

"Please be advised that activities and interactions that occur as part of player vs player combat on this type of server are not considered a form of harassment or actionable behaviour by Customer Service"

Bioware

That is all.

Edited by Mosene