"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is BY FAR the worst targeting system I've ever played with. If I could just figure out why it targets the players it does I MIGHT be able to work with it.

And I can't use closest target Bcuz It only allows FOR THE CLOSEST TARGET...REALLY?

Maybe 1.2 has fixes for this....Cough it damn well BETTER Cough

I agree!

I'd also like a change to the trageting reticle. Just a simple animation that stands out from all the other action.

Also is it just me or does the reticle sometimes display on the ground around an opponents feet?

Agreed, not a fan of Tab targeting. I would also like target assisst window. That way you can see who ops leader or main dps is targeting and everyone can focus fire.

Coming in 1.2

To the OP: man am I glad I'm a main healer; ops frames ftw!

The only thing that's worse then TAB targeting is trying to target someone by clicking on them with your mouse. If he's moving, it's 100% impossible to click on him.

After having countless allies die because I could not target them with my mouse in order to heal them, I assigned "Target nearest ally" to CTRL+TAB, but then you gain all the perks of a "beautifully" crafted TAB targeting system.

Edited by KekoSplit

Coming in 1.2

To the OP: man am I glad I'm a main healer; ops frames ftw!

Agreed. But they should strongly consider enemy ops frames as well. It's basically essential to high level PVP so we can hotkey and target switch faster.

Oh my... I missed this thread. I don't have such issues because you actually NEED to use both

-"target next ennemy"

-"target nearest ennemy"

Bind them to Tab and ctrl+Tab by exemple, if your tab selects ennemies to far from you, reset its rotation with ctrl+Tab. Problems solved for most.

But there is still a weird issue: You cannot Tab target an ennemy who is not in line of sight... That means that if you have an ennemy just in front of you, but in the opposite corner of a wall, you will never be able to Tab target him, BUT you still can target him with mouse clicking ... COMON

tab targeting is beyond broken. 100% of the time I hit tab it targets someone behind me. Only time it is helpful is when I'm cycling through targets to get to enemy healer so I can sit on him until he dies or I die because his mean marauder friend then sits on me.

In SWG, I used to have a simple macro assigned to tab key:

1) It targetted myself to get my current position, then rapidly...

2) ...targetted the nearest player from my position (cycleTargetOutward or something like that, cant remember exactly what the command was - been awhile ;))

Unlike swtors system which seems to use the enemy position to base and cycles out from there, which just results in inaccurate targetting, as you dont get the nearest player to yourself.

Tab targeting definitely needs to be fixed asap. It is beyond frustrating when you are trying to target enemies, in raids or pvp, and it just won't let you or it will target something behind you. I have never seen an MMO with such a bad system of tab targeting in my life.

Lots of PvP matches I feel more like I am fighting tab/mouse targeting and laggy push directions (often push people backwards through myself, somehow...) than the other team. If the targeting were more responsive that would be a huge quality of life increase for me.

In SWG, I used to have a simple macro assigned to tab key:

1) It targetted myself to get my current position, then rapidly...

2) ...targetted the nearest player from my position (cycleTargetOutward or something like that, cant remember exactly what the command was - been awhile ;))

Unlike swtors system which seems to use the enemy position to base and cycles out from there, which just results in inaccurate targetting, as you dont get the nearest player to yourself.

I think in SWG you could also chose to target the nearest player from the cursor