"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In voidstar a few minutes ago, a jedi shadow is capping the door, oh noes. Walk into range, staring directly at him

*tab*

congratulations, you have just targeted the sage who is barely on your screen.

*tab*

Now you are targeting the Vanguard who is chasing you in an attempt to defend the cap

*tab*

*** a sentine!?!?! where the hell is he, I don't even see him!

*tab*

finally the shadow.

*permastun to dead before I can use any abilities*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

you get the picture. Fix please.

Edited by GuyTallman

Easy solution:

Set your middle mouse to "Target center screen"

It works very nicely indeed.

This kind of thing shouldn't be needed. I like the way you can tab/ shift tab between 2 people but general tabbing is a disaster.

They need to just change it to tab nearest which is covered from you outwards in a cone.

indeed. the fix isn't that complex.

but they do have time to make a cooldown overhaul so you can choose the color of the shade to be pink.

seriously...

less cosmetics, moar core issues.

You would think it's not complex, but the answer from BW during the guild summit was an irritated (paraphrasing) "yeah we know it sucks, maybe we can do something about it, I dunno, a bigger box to click on... we'll think about it. It's not important."

A most disappointing answer.

My favourite thing yesterday whas when I was trying to stop 2 players from scoring in huttbal. I was alone with them on a platform, had one targeted but needed to switch targets fast as they were running towards me and the other one had the ball. The carrier also had low life so one charge and an Annihilate would've brought him down in 2 seconds.

I hit Tab then Charge swiftly! Only to leap somewhere to my right where another opposing player was going about his business. I didn't even see him as he wasn't in my cone of view and it was a split second action that needed to be done at that very moment.

Needless to say they went on and scored.

TAB targeting ftw.

Edited by Ra_tm

Sign me up for that.

Yesterday I noticed that low hp guy going for medpack in Voidstar. He was like 15 meters from me and my character was looking exactly at him. So I tabbed and charged. Imagine my face when instead, my character charged the guy that was just coming out of the respawn therefore being nearly exactly behind me.