Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I don't see the benefit of that over what it was like yesterday. It's not server forums, it's an old dry bone thrown to a starving bony dog.

I guess it depends on your particular forum..

but with a subset forum, i have zero doubt in my mind that my guild and friends will take over ours so that no other server in my group will matter. we are borg.. :p

Not really. I don't see the benefit of that over what it was like yesterday. It's not server forums, it's an old dry bone thrown to a starving bony dog.

While I understand what you are saying this IS a step in the right direction. Its not perfect but lets see how bad or good it is before we pass judgement. If it sucks we will start this process again as they seem to be paying attention.

i wonder how much of this is just BW's reluctance to accept that "cookie cutter spec really is better than my 1-off whacked spec"

server group forums?

can't just go with the tried and true individual forums, ehh?

oh well, it's better than nothing.

What's funny is it's not what the customers asked for

It's like asking a company for a red door and they turn around and say, well...here's a yellow door.

Updated the main post here with the official statement from Bioware.

Here is one thing I would like to point out to everyone, they are grouping servers into forums. Obviously we know there's a lot of servers, infact there's too many.

There's so many servers that that's a handful that are nearly empty shells. To me, it seems as if Bioware is attempting to save face and cover their mistakes already. They know they screwed up the server organization and divided the overall population in a very unbalanced way. They don't want it to be easily noticed that there are empty servers, so to combat this they are grouping servers.

Great idea here, right? Take say, 4-5 servers and roll them into 1 group forum...2 of those servers could be ghost towns....but no one will really ever notice because there's 2-3 high traffic servers rolled in that section.

Now let's all take a step back and analyse the situation we're about to get forced upon us (which we did not ask for). We currently have a forum disaster, it's embarrassing. Nothing can be found easily, it's a mess. Bioware is saying they want to make things EASIER for us and ORGANIZE things, yet they are still refusing to give us SERVER FORUMS. Instead we get GROUP FORUMS?!

This is not a used car lot, we are not shopping for used cars. We are not paying a monthly fee to talk to used car salesmen.

Do not try and sell me a double decker bus when I ask for a 4 door sedan.

While I am happy to see Bioware taking steps to correct their mistakes, I am insulted by their motion to disregard the REQUEST.....rather, DEMAND, for server forums and turn around to give us something we did not ask for.

We do not want SERVER GROUPS (containing 4 to 5 to 10 servers) we want INDIVIDUAL SERVER FORUMS......so we can COMMUNICATE with OUR SERVER!

period

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz

What's funny is it's not what the customers asked for

It's like asking a company for a red door and they turn around and say, well...here's a yellow door.

Updated the main post here with the official statement from Bioware.

Here is one thing I would like to point out to everyone, they are grouping servers into forums. Obviously we know there's a lot of servers, infact there's too many.

There's so many servers that that's a handful that are nearly empty shells. To me, it seems as if Bioware is attempting to save face and cover their mistakes already. They know they screwed up the server organization and divided the overall population in a very unbalanced way. They don't want it to be easily noticed that there are empty servers, so to combat this they are grouping servers.

Great idea here, right? Take say, 4-5 servers and roll them into 1 group forum...2 of those servers could be ghost towns....but no one will really ever notice because there's 2-3 high traffic servers rolled in that section.

Now let's all take a step back and analyse the situation we're about to get forced upon us (which we did not ask for). We currently have a forum disaster, it's embarrassing. Nothing can be found easily, it's a mess. Bioware is saying they want to make things EASIER for us and ORGANIZE things, yet they are still refusing to give us SERVER FORUMS. Instead we get GROUP FORUMS?!

This is not a used car lot, we are not shopping for used cars. We are not paying a monthly fee to talk to used car salesmen.

Do not try and sell me a double decker bus when I ask for a 4 door sedan.

While I am happy to see Bioware taking steps to correct their mistakes, I am insulted by their motion to disregard the REQUEST.....rather, DEMAND, for server forums and turn around to give us something we did not ask for.

We do not want SERVER GROUPS (containing 4 to 5 to 10 servers) we want INDIVIDUAL SERVER FORUMS......so we can COMMUNICATE with OUR SERVER!

period

Exactly!!! what he said!!!!!!!!

Dear BioWare,

Please give us the server forums that we are asking for. The Community\Server Events forum is just a big mess of posts and hard to find any relevant information. Like everyone else, I don't care what's happening on other servers. I only want to see information about my server. I want to be a part of my server community.

I understand you want to moderate content. You can always hire volunteers to moderate your forums.

I'm very disillusioned as of right now.

Server forums are a basic want and necessity for a gaming community. Let us regard my lexical choice there for two moments and underline a particular word I selected. Community.

com·mu·ni·ty   [kuh-myoo-ni-tee]

noun, plural -ties.

1. A social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.

2. A locality inhabited by such a group.

These forums are an ocean and posting in them can be often like scattering a few strains of rice into the ever shifting, fast currents. Beautifully written, constructive threads can be lost to page 3-5 in a matter of minutes. Americans go head to head with the EU. In the latter peaks of EU prime-time... a surge occurs of vital activity and it is impossible to follow threads which are rendered redundant in a matter of minutes. This happens on a daily basis.

Now you try and find a local thread for your service for the small want that is so crucial to you.

The meagre efforts of the development team are indeed proof to show their noses are pointed in the correct directly but their efforts are pointless.

Why would I frankly care if another server is operating an event if I can't find my own?

^That very thought immediately propped into my head when I read these community boards will share (alphabetically) several servers in one. Why? Why would I honestly care? Sadly this will be a generic opinion and the boards will be either underused or a spamfest where it will be impossible to locate anything of relevance.

I suppose, within a few short weeks, the drop in activity with players may tighten the game's budget and our hope for any real and official play for our local communities will be nil at best.

Thanks for the link!

I'm quite pleased to see the word is spreading all over, more and more customers are becoming aware of the situation. While Bioware is making a effort to correct the problem, it's still disappointing that they are reluctant to give the customers what they truly want and are asking for.

As time goes on I'm confident that we'll get what we want so long as we continue to keep the fire on Bioware's feet.

I don't work too far from EA's large office building in FL. Maybe I should just take a camera crew and go pay them a visit :D

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz

I realize this is their first MMO and all....but seriously? Group forums? How's that going to help me communicate with people on MY server? No offense to anyone on a different RP server, but frankly I don't CARE about them......

*massive facepalm*

Group forums... they have got to be kidding, how is that going to solve anything?

Like someone else already said, being new to MMO is really no excuse, there's plenty of other games out there, plenty of experience to share around. And some of the SW:TOR devs came from Warhammer, THEY of all people should know better.

Group server forums? TERRIBLE idea. Please BioWare listen to us. We. Want. Server. Specific. Forums.

I personally am not looking to talk with people on "the same type of server" The point of a server forum is to communicate with and get to know people ON YOUR SERVER. This is not a hard thing to do ffs. I mean look at that other mmo that won't be mentioned. They have over 400 server specific forums (the only forums of theirs that can be browsed without wanting to gouge out ones eyes.)

Please listen to your subscribers...for the love of...*bangs head on desk*. Honestly I do enjoy the game very much. I am just like all posting here, dumbfounded by their refusal to give us server forums. This latest incarnation does almost nothing to help. I don't want to try and sort through hundreds of posts to find something relevant about my server. To be honest I don't like forums in general and spend as little time as possible on them. I get sick of all the trolls and garbage they spew. Let me sign in, check for updates/changes and then look on my server for helpful info regarding guild events and such. Then I can go and do what I enjoy, play the game.

The refusal to provide these forums doesn't breed a larger community, it just aggravates and leaves me signing out frustrated I couldn't find anything on my server because I didn't want to sift through the chaos.

there should absolutely be server forums. Every game I have played, and I have been a constant mmo game since 2001, it is the server politics which have kept me excited long after the game goes stale.

If Bio are concerned about moderation there is absolutely no reason why player moderators cannot be appointed with limited power. I am certain that many players on ever server are experienced moderators and have time during thier work day when they cannot play to moderate.

Please listen to your subscribers...for the love of...*bangs head on desk*. Honestly I do enjoy the game very much. I am just like all posting here, dumbfounded by their refusal to give us server forums. This latest incarnation does almost nothing to help. I don't want to try and sort through hundreds of posts to find something relevant about my server. To be honest I don't like forums in general and spend as little time as possible on them. I get sick of all the trolls and garbage they spew. Let me sign in, check for updates/changes and then look on my server for helpful info regarding guild events and such. Then I can go and do what I enjoy, play the game.

The refusal to provide these forums doesn't breed a larger community, it just aggravates and leaves me signing out frustrated I couldn't find anything on my server because I didn't want to sift through the chaos.

If the reason for not giving us Server forums is a staffing issue, why even moderate Server forums. It's the General forums that usually require the most attention. Other games just go with a user Report Post type of moderation on their Server forums. Seems to work fine.

It amazes me that they aren't more concerned with the Community aspect of their game. It's common knowledge that the reasons many people stay with a game long after the gameplay aspect has lost its charm, are the friendships and loyalties people build in game.

they will lose more player subscriptions after the 1st month than would have cost to pay a forum moderator. I feel no community in this single player MMO.

QFT. Community is everything in an MMO. Especially on RP and PvP servers. Instead we get to use general chat (which I, like a lot of others, ignore).

it is sad that we still have to ask for such a basic feature to a game. BW is definetly slacking on their ability to provide what the public wants in far too many areas. i should not have to make a three day hunt to locate a contact for guilds on my same server. there is no search function to the forums, they got rid of the guild hq pages, and the guild hall is so densely packed, you could hide an elephant in it.

it is sad that we still have to ask for such a basic feature to a game. BW is definetly slacking on their ability to provide what the public wants in far too many areas. i should not have to make a three day hunt to locate a contact for guilds on my same server. there is no search function to the forums, they got rid of the guild hq pages, and the guild hall is so densely packed, you could hide an elephant in it.

I agree, this is so trivial and basic, we shouldn't have to ask.

Additionally I'd like to note for everyone reading this that I got a warning earlier from the CommunitySupport for being rude to someone. Seriously? They give warnings for that?

Where's the button for me to issue a warning to Bioware for not having server forums, and then issue them a infraction for giving us Server Group Forums that we didn't ask for?

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz