Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

I don't think you and I need another medium where we can talk to each other without having to open the door to see each other face to face.. :p guild chat/facebook/text message is probably too much already.. :p

You don't even answer my texts most of the time. Jerk. :p

It's true though. *shame*

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of great insight could come from server specific forums?

I outlined it already for you in another post, but hey, I will take another stab at it since you apparently haven't read any of this thread.

1. Build reputations for crafting, pvp, pve

2. Guild recruitment relevant to YOU

3. PvE progress competition and tracking

4. Social events relevant to YOU

5. Great place for new players to learn about a server before committing

6. Continue friendships/rivalries made in game even while not playing

Do I need to go on? I'm sure there's more. :p

I do agree with the need for official server forums. In the mean time though, if you have the knowledge and the motivation I would recommend starting a site specific to your server as we have over at Vrook Lamar. These large sites with all the servers jumbled into one place are likely going to fail pretty hard because they aren't "niche" enough imo.

on top of what's listed:

the ability to communicate cross faction

I’ll give an example:

It’s Monday, server resets in 18 hours, you are 7/15 on your ilum weekly quest.

I’m looking for help, I’ve spent 1-2 hours every day this week in ilum trying to get the 15 caps necessary for the weekly, but for whatever reason, my luck is just horrible, every time I get there, the republic players must have just finished their own dailies, and I get 1, maybe 2 if I’m lucky, before ilum is a ghost town again.

I would be really grateful if a helpful republic player can commit to a 15-20 minute window to allow me to finish up my weekly quest before I lose the opportunity this week.

Thanks

The above is fictional, but I would imagine most people could see something like this being a real occurance.

What sort of great insight could come from server specific forums?

Ok, I didn't get the chance to respond to you in my thread before it was closed as I got busy with work.

This has nothing to do with ME wanting attention nor am I as you put it, a drama queen. It has to do with the ability to effectively build an in game community.

I am the GM of a 60 person guild on The Harbinger. I have very few resources to recruit for my guild. Don't say the guild forums because those are a mess at best and a complete cluster f$%^ at worst. This is just one aspect that shows the need for server forums.

Whether you particularly care for server forums or not, a lot of others do. I have made friends on server forums in other games. That is how communities are built. Our request is not an unreasonable one.

Signing against sever forums.

Not enough CS people as it is.

Moar forumz for moar drama queens is bad.

You understand that the forum moderation team is not the in game CS team right? Server forums are lightly moderated at best. If they are so full of drama queens then why does EVERY SINGLE AAA MMO have them?

You understand that the forum moderation team is not the in game CS team right? Server forums are lightly moderated at best. If they are so full of drama queens then why does EVERY SINGLE AAA MMO have them?

Please don't feed the trolls. :mad:

I have a new theory.

BW is not providing the server forums, not for the BS story that Allison gave, but because they do not have the hardware/tech for it.

reason for my theory : they can't even get the search function to work.

These large sites with all the servers jumbled into one place are likely going to fail pretty hard because they aren't "niche" enough imo.

The large sites will offer something the small sites cannot... a place for someone looking for a server to see what's going on in different communities and a place for multi server players to look in at one site. Also, keeping track of registrations for sites that might not make it, it makes people wait until everyone else chooses a common site first... larger sites have an advantage here, because there's someone there already, even if just in the off topic/general sections.

So that's why you bumped your own post like 20 times?

If you will look at it quite a few of those were in response to other posts. Also the issue doesnt get the attention it deserves in the Community section. This has nothing to do with me personally.

If you will look at it quite a few of those were in response to other posts. Also the issue doesnt get the attention it deserves in the Community section. This has nothing to do with me personally.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90791

Let's look at page 1

1) you

2) you 2 minutes after no one rallied to your call.

3) someone else

4) you

5) you

6) you

7) someone else

8) you

9) you

10) someone else

Most other pages are like that as well.

Let's look at page 1

1) you

3) someone else

4) you

5) you

6) you

7) someone else

8) you

9) you

10) someone else

ironically, if we had server forums, that wouldn't be a problem.

I'll go ahead and put you in as a supporter for the server forums then, ehh? :p

Edited by oredith

ironically, if we had server forums, that wouldn't be a problem.

I'll go ahead and put you in as a supporter for the server forums then, ehh? :p

That's a big negative.

And how would server forums prevent this?

Or is this sarcasm? Hard to tell on the intertubes without :rolleyes:

That's a big negative.

And how would server forums prevent this?

Or is this sarcasm? Hard to tell on the intertubes without :rolleyes:

premise 1 - forum trolls will exist on internet forums, no matter what (i hope we can both agree to that)

premise 2 - general forums will always have more trolls than sub forums, due to the higher traffic (trolls don't troll if there's no audience)

now, if premise 1 and 2 are accepted, then it follows the logical conclusion that the availability of server forums will result in reduction in trolling due to the lower traffic within the sub forums.

that reduction will result in lower overall traffic on the general forums

which subsequently results in less of a need to bump threads, since it won't disappear in 5 minutes.

Let's look at page 1

1) you

3) someone else

4) you

5) you

6) you

7) someone else

8) you

9) you

10) someone else

Pardon me for being passionate about this particular subject. Again I am not trying to get attention for myself. I was attempting to being attention to THIS THREAD. Apparently you have a hard on for me and thats fine. Go back to the general forums and continue to whine about the game being too hard or the classes being OP.

All we want is the tools to help build a community. If you cannot see how server forums help that then you have either never played a MMO before or you are a fanboi troll who thinks BW is perfect in every way.

Edited by Imhotep

If you agree with this thread, please help pass the word by adding the following to your forum signature:

_______________________________________________________________________________________[b][font=Arial Black][size=3]BIOWARE REFUSES TO GIVE CUSTOMERS SERVER FORUMS[/size][/font] [/b][i][size=1](click for more details)[/size][/i]