Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

I can't believe there aren't server forums. They are needed asap.

^^This. I am somewhat disappointed about this decision. It does make the servers lose somewhat of the community feel when you cannot go to one official place to congregate. There are 4 or 5 sites now that are claiming to be the official unofficial server forums for most servers. Most have 0 to 1 post on them and will probably remain that way.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An MMO without server forums is unheard of!

Sucess in MMORPGs is reliant on strong communities. Without the communities, you might as well be playing a single player game. Communities are what make MMORPGs stand out above the rest. I think Bioware know this, and are just trying to fob us off until they have the resources to implement server forums. They would be foolish not to implement them after such a strong demand.

REMEMBER BIOWARE:

Server Forums = Strong Community = Happy Players = MORE players = More SUBSCRIBERS = MORE MONIES FOR YOU

It has been my experience that communities active on server forums, are more protective of their community (server) forums, and help moderators more by flagging (reporting) posts/threads that violate the rules. In this case, it would help moderation and promote a more healthy community. The general section gets so much activity that no one wants to help out, well, I'm sure there are a few, but over all... it's mostly up to moderators to read through everything and deal with it as they go along.

Server forums would help alleviate some of the stress on moderators, by diverting traffic from the troll fest that is "General" section, while giving the community a place to call home and help the moderators by reporting when problems arise. Splitting up the trolls is a viable solution to the General section havoc.

It has been my experience that communities active on server forums, are more protective of their community (server) forums, and help moderators more by flagging (reporting) posts/threads that violate the rules. In this case, it would help moderation and promote a more healthy community. The general section gets so much activity that no one wants to help out, well, I'm sure there are a few, but over all... it's mostly up to moderators to read through everything and deal with it as they go along.

Server forums would help alleviate some of the stress on moderators, by diverting traffic from the troll fest that is "General" section, while giving the community a place to call home and help the moderators by reporting when problems arise. Splitting up the trolls is a viable solution to the General section havoc.

You know what I don't understand is why the don't solicit upstanding citizens to help out. I'm sure there would be plenty of forum-goers willing to become a moderator for their server forum and uphold BioWare standards. They would almost certainly do it for free, simply being happy to have the status of being a moderator. Not being able to provide the moderated environment they value is a poor excuse for no server forums and seems like a total cop out to me.

You know what I don't understand is why the don't solicit upstanding citizens to help out. I'm sure there would be plenty of forum-goers willing to become a moderator for their server forum and uphold BioWare standards. They would almost certainly do it for free, simply being happy to have the status of being a moderator. Not being able to provide the moderated environment they value is a poor excuse for no server forums and seems like a total cop out to me.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of player moderators for their own server (even though it's done that way in the site in my sig).

The reason being, too much opportunity for abuse and favoritism, among friends and enemies of the moderator.

There are a lot of things missing from these forums, if they can't even give us a Search function, I doubt they'll care about Server specific forums for the time being.

It really is very, very poor for a game that relies so much on communication.

Seriously I feel like Bio-ware doesn't care about the fans or the player base.. server forums are not an option in mmo's, you "MUST" have them for a server to thrive. The server sizes are way small as it is, so having to fish through 150 other servers on the forums is ridiculous. PLEASE BIOWARE, THE FANS AND PLAYERS HAVE SPOKEN>GIVE US OUR SERVER FORUMS!

Honestly, I don't like the idea of player moderators for their own server (even though it's done that way in the site in my sig).

The reason being, too much opportunity for abuse and favoritism, among friends and enemies of the moderator.

Who gives a flying wotsit.

People are focusing on the potential legalities and who may be offended by what ....even before the essential feature is even in existence!

This frankly is a myopic attitude that goes along the line "cant have it happen .... just in case an ant gets stepped on.... ants have rights too". This is utter bull and indicative of a culture which seems to say .... "we cant do this on the off chance that something really really bad happens that might make oversensitive people cry".

An active forum that is open to all posters is an essential feature of the game and moderation will evolve and develop as the forum develops.

Is this a game for crybaby children who want to run to mommy every time a nahsty word is said and start saying "favoritism"..."elitism" ....."biased" ...... "somebody said a rude word"... blah blah.

Hopefully the game is run by adult employees who have the experience.... wit... and discretion to not be afraid of a few forum posts which may offend the odd individual who looks for the most miniscule reason to be offended.

In the meantime the rest of us just want a vehicle to communicate with others to enjoy a game which appears to have great potential but is paralysed by predictive politically correct bull things (I didnt use the "S" word just in case).

Grow up or shut up

Edited by HobbeWan

Yup. I've been there.

But still - I would take that, and a server forum where we could actually get to know each other enough to make friends and enemies - over the nothing we have now.

Edited by Sendra

You have 6 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

this makes me sad, every day i look at it..

because i remember the last ~4 years, waiting for the game. we talked and hyped about the game on ahazi.org back when it was only a whisper of a rumor.

of all the possible trepidation i had for the game (lack of content, not polished release, etc), i honestly did not expect the server forum to be one - because never in my wildest dreams, would I have imagined BW making the decision to not include them.

it makes me sad, but it is what it is. without a server forum, this game is just a single play game to me, and I don't think i'm alone in feeling that.

i pay $49-59 ONCE for a single player game. I already feel cheated for buying the Digital Deluxe copy. i'm sure BW won't miss my $15/month, but I don't think i'll be the only one who doesn't sub due to this server forum decision.

to the nay sayers, don't worry, i'm leaving, and I'll try to not let the door hit me on the way out. until my account's actually up though, I'll continue to post here, and hope that someone's actually reading.

because i remember the last ~4 years, waiting for the game. we talked and hyped about the game on ahazi.org back when it was only a whisper of a rumor.

I agree. I've been lurking this site since they first opened it up. Once I lost interest in SWG it was only a matter of time and I've been eager to jump knee deep into this game. Saddly, with the lack of server forums and Bioware's response, it only brings back painful memories of what SOE did to all of us over the course of 8 years in SWG.

BIOWARE! PLEASE READ ME!!

First off thank you for a great game with so much potential. Bug fixes, errors, texture issues.. yes.. There is a TON of work that comes along after the launch of a new MMO. Some of us appreciate the effort being put in and regret the impatience and anger expressed on the forums in such a negative way. But for all the nasty remarks, there are some VERY valid points and concerns being expressed.

Personally, There are 2 main issues that negatively affect my experience in this game.

1. No Server Forums

I started my own guild with a few friends a few days after release. Unfortunately those friends lost interest and quit playing. While leveling/questing is not a problem going solo, there are heroics/flashpoints/operations that I will be unable to play without friends/and or a guild. I don't have the time or patience to recruit and decided I would like to join another guild. Am I expected to click on every player I see with a guild name and ask if they are recruiting? How many members do they have? Are they interested in end game PVE? How mature their guild is? Because I spent hours.. hours.. scouring the Guild forums for a single post from a guild on my server.. to no avail. My server is [Perlemian Trade Route], on release day there were many full servers and many light servers. I chose a light server, hoping that after the Christmas rush it would fill up. It is now between standard and light. Because there are less people = less guilds. I literally am messaging people trying to join guilds. But half the time people seem irritated or have no clue or don't even respond! Server forums would save me from this single player game.. This takes me to issue #2.

2. Server merges

Servers that were "light" on release day and are still "light" today, (3+ weeks after launch) need a MERGER! They are as desolate as the deserts of Tatooine! I'm approaching level 40 and the planets I'm questing on (Balmorra/Quesh) have maybe 3-4 other people on them. When I can't even find help to do a 2+ Heroics it's a sad day. Don't tell me to reroll please..

I really don't want to play a single player RPG.. I was hoping this MMO would shine. It has the potential. Bioware.. please. These issues have already caused many people to quit. You can't make excuses for not adding server forums. Regardless of what you may be trying to avoid in the forums (trolling/bashing/calling out) the benefits of making these changes far outweighs any forum drama.

If you took the time to read this thank you.

Flowdab

Jedi Sage

[Perlemian Trade Route] server

<Wookiee Whisperer> GM

Looking for guild!

They've been selectively deleting posts from this thread so someone is reading.

I've taken the time to copy this thread on a regular basis after they went through and deleted nearly the entire thread (several hundred posts worth) the first week this was posted.

If they keep it up I'll be sure to publicly embarrass them

It's not rocket science here Bioware. A lot of folks here have done their best to provide constructive feedback, as requested by you. Now it's your turn to give the reach around and provide US some constructive feedback.

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz