Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely!! the ridiculously high traffic on the general forums may just be due to the fact that most people aren't in-game yet... but it's absurd!

literally 30 seconds after i started a new thread, it was buried on page 3.

No kidding

It's near impossible to communicate with people on your server here

One of my last threads was 3 pages deep in the forum section litterally seconds after I created it.

Hi, I was checking out the new forums, they are an improvement in most categories save one... can we get specific server forum. To elaborate having an individual form for each server one for fatman, wound in the force, helm of graush etc..

This will let us better communicate and coordinates with individuals and groups (guilds etc) on our server, without the threat of said topics being buried in this general discussion board for example. You can have up to date recruitment, crafting, and progression threads, set up world pvp events and tournaments, and other things with a great deal of ease without a main forum sections traffic.

I will elaborate more if necessary, do others agree this would be a nice idea?

I've seen a few MMOG devs refuse to do them, usually using the excuse that it segregates the games community. The result of not having them though just sees to it that the segregated communities they create anyway by the very design of the 'server' structure that commonly gets used can never really get off the ground.

In the end it's good to have a forum where you can go to talk about issues that actually apply to the server(s) your playing on. I don't care if the economy is rooted or the sith outnumber the republic on servers i'll never touch.

Edited by Meluna

Server forums are a must IMO. We don't care about other servers problems (at least until the transfers start anyway). From the server list I saw during Thanksgiving Beta, we will need them. Edited by Meluna

I've seen a few MMOG devs refuse to do them, usually using the excuse that it segregates the games community. The result of not having them though just sees to it that the segregated communities they create anyway by the very design of the 'server' structure that commonly gets used can never really get off the ground.

In the end it's good to have a forum where you can go to talk about issues that actually apply to the server(s) your playing on. I don't care if the economy is rooted or the sith outnumber the republic on servers i'll never touch.

That seems like a silly concern. The community is already segregated by server; server-specific forums just give players from those servers a place to talk about server happenings. Especially cross-faction discussion.

I don't really expect this sort of forum to go up right after launch, but I'd like to see them in the near future.

/sign

Edited by Meluna