Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem logical to have server forums. I can only presume they are waiting until launch is done and dusted and they know what servers they will have.

Let's hope this is the case. Fostering tightly knit server communities is sure to greatly strengthen the game as a whole.

I came to this game only because of friends. However if this wasn't the case I doubt would be able to find a guild easily in SWTOR.

Bioware, I realize this is your first MMORPG and for that I am willing to give you a little bit of leeway on this issue. Server forums are needed during a game's honeymoon period... players need the tools to find other like-minded players. Pretty much the only way your current setup would work was if you lost a majority of your player-base and quite honestly I don't want to see that happen.

You see MMORPGs are a lot like real life. When you have a lot of subscribers the game feels like a bustling city. This means I don't know my neighbors, in fact I have no idea who they are. It is your job to give me the tools to get to know them. When a game dwindles down to a small amount of subscribers it starts to feel more like a small town. I no longer need forums to keep in touch with people because there just isn't that many people around. Not to mention if you are actively playing an MMORPG that has less than 30k subscribers you get to know everyone. Period.

The Guild Hall should be set up in this way:

NA Servers:

-NA Server Travel Hub Republic

-NA Server Travel Hub Empire

-Server 1

-Server 2

etc..

EU Servers:

-EU Server Travel Hub Republic

-EU Server Travel Hub Empire

-Server 1

-Server 2

etc..

You won't need a travel hub for either side if you are not allowing transfers either. Subforums for Republic/Empire are not really needed. People can easily put Republic or Empire in the thread topic. However no one is going to want to search through piles of threads to even find a guild on their server.

Furthermore you may want to consider adding actual community server forums in addition to revamping the Guild Hall. This would allow us to post things like "PVE progression" threads so that we can create small competitions for server firsts. PVP players will have fun with server forums by calling each other newbs. A server forum help creates a community.

/signed We need server forums.

PS. I think it is a good sign that a yellow directed me to this thread and locked another thread on this topic. It seems they are looking at this thread at least.

Mara :D

I want to complain somewhere to tell them that server capacity for some server is way to low... with the stress test is saw atleast double the amount of ppl online with a lesser que time then this. Edited by Meluna

ive been working on that for a bit since we dont have any

Hello to you all!

I have for the past hours been working on a site called http://oldrepublicboard.com wich was at first supposed to house server forums but in the end evolved into a "old republic forum", the server forums are still here and if you have a look you can se that both the european servers & the North American servers have their own sections wich i hope you will like as we miss them so much over here.

I have opened the site early for you guys to be able to use the server forums, the current design is only temporary as im looking to have a more "fitting" template made for the forum in a bit, with this im also looking for a logo to be made as there is none now.

So, how do you all like this ? good or bad ? =)

As i post this im still working on it and most will probably not be done in the next few hours!

I agree, and not just a need for Server-specific forums, but also a Guild Hall sub-forum IN each Server-specific forum for Guild advertisement threads. The current massive Guild Hall forum is just too spammy, with hundreds, if not thousands, of guilds trying to advertise (since it covers ALL the servers) making it very difficult to advertise our guilds effectively, outside of the game. Edited by Szul