Time to end Biochem reusables

Chunkie

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only rakkata pieces I have at 400 cyber is grenades.

Biotech as implemented before was a horrid idea in a game built around pvp. Those complaining are obviously pre-nerf chemists, or those that went bio because they read how awesome it was.

If they prevented crafted Bio-chem items from working while flagged for pvp, it would bring it in line with other trade skills. As mentioned, the GTN revenue stream is built in already in the form of implants. On pvp server idk if your always flagged but I assume there's safe zones. The flag s coded into the game, shouldnt be that hard to implement if there's a need to do so on pvp servers.

Edited by OGGleep

Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.

I couldnt disagree more. What is with this weird nerf everyone who isnt me attitude?

You conveniently overlook the fact that Synthweaving, Armormech and Cybertech can craft BOP Best in Slot augmented Rakata pieces.

IMO either give all crewskills exclusive end game perks, or remove them from all.

From what I understood from the guild conference, they are. IIRC, when asked what other perk biochem would be getting since synthweaving/etc. have the BoP stuff and biochem is lowing the reuseables, the answer was that the game is going to be moving to a more player driven economy, and BoP stuff would be getting removed in favor of BoE.

So, nothing to overlook. Those exclusive end game perks ARE being removed from all.

(Besides, BiS is arguably, from what I understand, orange stuff slotted with 58 mods)

That can actually be accomplished with credits--and actually you get better stats buying the crafteds than using the reusables.

The fact that it takes a ridiculous amount of credits to do it was the problem, caused by:

a) how long it takes to produce crafted medpacks (etc)

b) how long it takes to gather the mats for crafted medpacks (etc)

c) how few you get in return for medpack crafting missions

d) the cost in credits per crafted medpacks

Their solution is taking away an innovative and convenient player benefit, and substituting some of the "gold standard mmo of tedium and grind".

Bad day for frog dogs everywhere. They seem to be giving up on the small number features they innovated a little bit with, and moving more towards a light-saber skinned WoW.

There's a guy on my server whom told me about his cost on medpacks, each raid about 30-50K or so? And he made 300K-500K each day playing the GTN according to him.

Sold him stacks of 99 Bio sample rank 1 for 25K each was his offer.

All I did was log on my lvl 50 char send my companions, played some pvp and profit was made. I told him why not lvl a char to lvl 10 and do it yourself, but granted with only 1 companion time wise it take ages and he was lvling from around 1-400.

I can still provide for him till hes maxed out and I gain some easy money, win-win situation. And I seriously can't blame him, considering the time it costs to farm the mats from bio and diplomacy as well it's just tedious, we can neglect credit cost here because for this guy it's obviously a non issue.

And all that trouble just for a reusable but granted the reason why he needs it makes me understand perfectly fine. Not to mention if he didnt have biochem on any other char, he could potentially make some great implants as well. But thats not his aim of course haha.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

Heh heh, George my friend; this only makes things even more vague :p

The real question people would like answered is if there will ever be better reusable items that Biochems can make (for personal use) in the future or if it stops at what we can make now and that Biochems can never RE the new recipes into reusable versions anymore.

But the real question is 'Why?'. Why the intention remove the perk of a Biochem having reusables? They were not overpowered or anything; just a nice perk to have. So why not give similar perks to the other Crew Skills so all will have a perk for choosing a crafting skill? Now it seems the only benefit of having any Crew Skill is to become a production line factory and nothing more.

Lastly I hope you guys will also increase the number of items created per craft as at present time it takes a ridiculous amount of time and mats just to make a single medpack. If anything, consumables should be made in batches.

It's not heroic when I have to gather flowers all day just so my guild has enough medpacks/stims for an Ops.

Isn't being able to make major $$$ reward enough?

All other professions have a much more limited market size. If there are 500 players on a server, there are only 500 people who need an exotech mastercraft belt. If there are 500 players on a server, there is an infinite need for stims as they are consumable.

If you want to "level the playing field", make everyone able to use reusable stims, with reusable ones selling on the GTN for 500K+, and give the biochem a slightly modified version of the stims usable only by biochem.

I believe this move is to mitigate the fact that pretty much anyone who plays this game for PVP only, chooses biochem as their profession. I've run across at least 3 guilds that are entirely specced biochem.

I dont think I could stand biochem if it wasnt for making reusables. I mean, its not like in SWG where you can make crates upon crates of food buffs is it. It takes so looooong just to make 1 freakin decent medpack its untrue and dosnt make for an enjoyable money making profession at all.

If we could make 5-10 medpacks from every 1 craft, then it might be doable for resale, but for now, reusables are the only way to go.

I dont think I could stand biochem if it wasnt for making reusables. I mean, its not like in SWG where you can make crates upon crates of food buffs is it. It takes so looooong just to make 1 freakin decent medpack its untrue and dosnt make for an enjoyable money making profession at all.

If we could make 5-10 medpacks from every 1 craft, then it might be doable for resale, but for now, reusables are the only way to go.

I agree, even at 20 minutes per pack it takes a damn long time.

Why not remove the biochem requirement on reusable consumables? Just give biochems a bonus to their effectiveness...problem solved. Now the reusable consumables can be sold at good price and anyone can use it etc.

And to not remove the usefulness of actual consumables (the ones that actually get consumed) buff their effectiveness compared to a reusable version.

Everyone is now happy.

Edited by MrXen

i'm down as long as they make it easier for all of us biochem people to get the schematics to craft the reusable stuff. They need to do this anyways. It costs like no money to pump your crew missions to get mats to make the best medpack in the game anyways.

ya really why take away reusable, thats THE WHOLE REASON I DO BIOCHEM, not to make money just so i dont have to spend it all the time making stims and medpacs, biochem is fair after the first nerf, if u make it so i cant make reusables ( which are the green versions for FS, rakata doesnt even have the best gains ( check your stats when u use them not the tooltips, as bioware has done a good job of halfassing their updates, aka not redoing the text in the tooltips) we BEST be able to learn rakata implants from the trainer or this is just a bunch of crap pure and simple, why should other skills be able to make augmented (possibly making a BiS Item(even better than any possible rakata drop from HM or NMM) rakata stuff from the trainer and we dont EVEN get to reuse our crappiest medpac. When skills are usefule enough to be used for their intended purpose leave them alone, DONT MAKE THEM USELESS. Not to mention that the mats needed for biochem are dumb, i cant gather fast enough to make more than for just myself if I cant use a reusable for myself and give my raid medpacs and stims, mats will be so much harder to get il end up quitting biochem because u have to get a ton of mats which you mission give u a ton of moderates 4(really MODERATES on a previously difficulty) and you dont even get a nice perk anymore. you guys suck.

Your post is obviously nothing more than whining that someone is op. Cybertechs get reusable grenades but didn't here you crying about those. Your really have no point if they didnt make resuables for the biochems they would just mass craft the regs which is a heck of a lot more time consuming for biochems. The length of the missions and you really want biochems to have to craft a stem over and over for 15 seconds? I think the real problem is you have been killed way to many times and blamed in on someone having a reusable stem. Well guess what it was their choice to take that line of crafting for that ability, which you had the same option. Stop friggin whining learn to play the game and stop trying to ruin it for everyone else just because your too lazy to keep your character with all the goodies.

It doesn't need any more nerfing, leave the reusables where they are.... it isn't overpowered, it works just like a consumable, has the same cooldown etc.... just saves on cost.

Frankly if everyone and their dog is taking bio, fine by me... between my alts I have all the crafting skills and the less folks doing those the larger market share/effective demand for what they make.

The reason Biochem is so good is because the other crafting skills are so bad. Loot and drops are easy to get and usually just as good as crafted items. Not to mention commendations. To many things make crafting useless. Biochem is a obvious choice.

With that said. If they nerf Biochem enough, maybe that would be a easy way for Bio to make the other crafting skills viable.

Crafted items should be better quality and value than loot or drops. That way people would craft more and I think it would help the economy due to people buying more crafting materials.

Opinions or comments???

I think they should keep the reusables, but use green bioanalysis mats for fuel. Ideally you would make this "fuel" from any tier of bioanalysis mats so that the last tier doesnt just become overpriced.

I personally think this is a creative idea that splits the difference between reusables with no ongoing cost, and the overpriced alternatives that currently exist.

Nothing about reusable consumables is OP'd and that is just a silly statement. Anything that is reausable is the same as what can be purchased from a Med Droid. U just don't have to buy it anymore.

Simplest solution is to just remove the BioChem requirement from the reusables and then all can use them, same as armor, weapons, etc.

The consumable Prototype Ultimate Medpack having a HOT makes it one of the best in game and only available from a Biochem and only restriction is lvl 48. Many prefer this item over Rakata Heal Pack.

L2p before making less than smart statemente.

I think the developers said they will be removing them in the future.

Yep, apparently BioWare now thinks that picking flowers all day just to get enough medpacks/stims to last you through an Ops is suddenly very heroic :rolleyes:

And don't tell me to send my companions out on missions. Half of the time I can only send them out for presents and the other half of the time they come back after 20-30 minutes with the wrong materials :mad:

Edited by Danakar

Im finding the prototypes ect. are only good for friends or my leveling lowbies but new 1.2 patch may reduce the ammount of Biochemists significantly with all Crewskillz being Fixed to make them worthwhile so Hopefully stims,implants and medpacks will become viable to sell the only implant ive sold are the ones i craft with the augments in them!

As for giving everyone rakata re-usable NO WAY!

that will make it worthless to have biochem crewskills!

Im finding the prototypes ect. are only good for friends or my leveling lowbies but new 1.2 patch may reduce the ammount of Biochemists significantly with all Crewskillz being Fixed to make them worthwhile so Hopefully stims,implants and medpacks will become viable to sell the only implant ive sold are the ones i craft with the augments in them!

As for giving everyone rakata re-usable NO WAY!

that will make it worthless to have biochem crewskills!

All rakata items are bound to the looter. Why would anyone change that?