Thanks for Nerfing SURGE! Now Please Nerf EVERYTHING Else That Lets Us Do Damage!

DunsparrowSolo

I'm so glad you guys nerfed surge! As a Scoundrel, the thing I wanted most--after getting my burst absolutely ruined in the last patch--was to get another nerf to my burst! Mission accomplished!

I noticed this one affects all classes though, so its even better. The one thing I hate is when PvP battles end with someone dying. I think as long as there is one healer on a team and he's not AFK, battles should be infinite. This will replace the need for targeting dummies, as we can just beat on low armor targets while they get healed for infinity (although still no combat log, so I guess it wouldn't work).

Let me guess "faster than intended kill times" still? I agree! Players don't like to die, so they should NEVER die! ANY kill time is faster than intended! Woot! Huttball will be a clickfest to see who gets the ball first, then they just run for a touchdown, unless the flame vents kill them faster than intended (nerf the surge on flame vents).

Oh, by the way, Tracer Missiles are still killing people. I know that it requires massive amounts of skill to fire Tracers until you overheat (the Mercenaries told me so, as they type while shooting Tracer Missiles and killing everyone), but I think that ability should be removed and replaced with Tracer Beanie Baby. Not only do you survive, but you get a fantastic collectible toy (if you like that, ask me about my idea for Sith Lightning Rods to avoid that pesky electrical death).

Thanks for reading BioWare (and I know you read because you always listen to the whiners -- Thanks for that!)

Sincerely,

The Worst Player on Earth Who Dies to Everything and Everyone

I'm so glad you guys nerfed surge! As a Scoundrel, the thing I wanted most--after getting my burst absolutely ruined in the last patch--was to get another nerf to my burst! Mission accomplished!

I noticed this one affects all classes though, so its even better. The one thing I hate is when PvP battles end with someone dying. I think as long as there is one healer on a team and he's not AFK, battles should be infinite. This will replace the need for targeting dummies, as we can just beat on low armor targets while they get healed for infinity (although still no combat log, so I guess it wouldn't work).

Let me guess "faster than intended kill times" still? I agree! Players don't like to die, so they should NEVER die! ANY kill time is faster than intended! Woot! Huttball will be a clickfest to see who gets the ball first, then they just run for a touchdown, unless the flame vents kill them faster than intended (nerf the surge on flame vents).

Oh, by the way, Tracer Missiles are still killing people. I know that it requires massive amounts of skill to fire Tracers until you overheat (the Mercenaries told me so, as they type while shooting Tracer Missiles and killing everyone), but I think that ability should be removed and replaced with Tracer Beanie Baby. Not only do you survive, but you get a fantastic collectible toy (if you like that, ask me about my idea for Sith Lightning Rods to avoid that pesky electrical death).

Thanks for reading BioWare (and I know you read because you always listen to the whiners -- Thanks for that!)

Sincerely,

If this isnt a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I got an op, learn to adapt buddy or fail to succeed.

and if its any consolation im sure the surge nerf was intended mostly for sorcs and mercs along with their conterparts and if that doesnt resolve the issue, they are next.

Edited by LeonkRAV

If this isnt a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I got an op, learn to adapt buddy or fail to succeed.

and if its any consolation im sure the surge nerf was intended mostly for sorcs and mercs along with their conterparts and if that doesnt resolve the issue, they are next.

Is this a joke? sorcerers, and mercs, especially hybrid sorcerers and arsenal mercs, are the classes least effected by the nerf.

"Adapting" sounds a whole lot like rolling a sorcerer.

Edited by Aidank

Thanks for rebalance the Warzones with the surge nerf. Now lets talk about the CC debuff abilities. The main thing left to rebalace the CC abilies, the cool down on the CC breaking debuff is too long, instead of 20 minutes is should be 30 seconds in my feeling.

Might need to report a bug if its 20 minutes. either that or create a ccbreaking relic.

blah blah blah

Hey did you think tracer missiles got the same nerf? They did you know.

Sincerely,

I love the way you put everything. lol. This was superb. Bioware is lost and I hate them for it. They ruined my vanguard with this surge nerf. Now healers are impossible to kill, along with the people they heal. This game is so *********** worthless. lol.

Sincerely,

after reading...i couldn't help to laugh like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkWlxJlinwY

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAH HAHAHAHJAHAHA LOLOLOLLLLLLMAO LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Is this a joke? sorcerers, and mercs, especially hybrid sorcerers and arsenal mercs, are the classes least effected by the nerf.

"Adapting" sounds a whole lot like rolling a sorcerer.

I don't know what game you play but both arsenal merc and any sorc was hit heavily with the surge nerf. Arsenal Mercs and Sorcerers both stacked surge till it was 80-85%(when DR kicked in) even if it meant sacrificing things like accuracy expertise crit or endurance. Power and our primary stat aside Surge is/was the greatest DPS contribution of any stat. I have not seen a 5k medal all day and it something I am used to getting about every other warzone at least.

I don't know what game you play but both arsenal merc and any sorc was hit heavily with the surge nerf. Arsenal Mercs and Sorcerers both stacked surge till it was 80-85%(when DR kicked in) even if it meant sacrificing things like accuracy expertise crit or endurance. Power and our primary stat aside Surge is/was the greatest DPS contribution of any stat. I have not seen a 5k medal all day and it something I am used to getting about every other warzone at least.

which begs the question if we arent supposed to be able to crit dmg or heal for 5k, why do those medals even exist

The surge nerf effects sorcerers way less than just about any class, the only talented crit multiplier you've got is some 10% on force lightning and lightning strike in hybrid, compare that to a scoundrel's 22% crit multiplier on backblast & shoot first, 6% on everything else, and a 30% increased dmg on backblast & shoot first crits that doesn't DR with surge.

Hybrid sorcerers are by far the least effected by the surge nerf, even though you can't get the 5k medal now (Boo Hoo) everyone else's damage suffered a whole lot more.

No but im glad to see The Operative got squashed a little. The only real issue thats left if fixing the hybrid spec sorcerers. Once they reallign that advanced class i think everyone will be happy. Sad thing to say however is we will all still have to deal with the 5+ sorceresrs in every match. Which by the way is rather stupid. I wish the development team would all play a sorcerer against a balanced team and see what they feel like when its done.

I play the same game is you. Every character I have is set to face 5-7 Tracer Missle spammers in every match. Some of my characters are flat out dead in just a few shots. Even if I interupt, the BH just resets and starts again. Most of them can withstand a good deal of damage and can dish out a lot more damage than I can. Doesn't seem right to me. I'm sure the surge nerf helped a little, but it also hurt me too. So basically, I'm right back where I started. I say walk a mile in the other guy's shoed before telling him he's full of it.

Edited by ColdSunHoth

And goodluck killing them......

before the nerf the only real thing that I saw that was OP and unbalanced was when people created the super heal teams that no matter how much surge you stacked or damage output you delievered they just refuse to die.

So now that surge is nerfed good luck.......

I'm curious as to what people want from pvp? I like quick fast fights myself so im disspointed with damage nerfs, in FPS'ers im always the fan of the shooters where you get hit you die type games..... IE... socom 1 for ps2

I always hated the take 10 bullets in the mouth FPS games which seems to be the route this game its taken.... Lets get rid of all forms of damage and make everyone unkillable...

Sincerely,

Good post. I've been going on about immortal healers(sorcs/sages, combat medics, mercs,troopers) for weeks now. I watched while they nerfed Ops/scoundrels, then assassins. Of course, every nerf to other classes is a buff for the healers. I can hardly believe the bandits are back again so soon. Its like I'm one of the villagers in the 7 samurai or magnificent 7. If i could have hidden my surge mods i would have. It took a month of grinding to get that gear. Now the bioware bandits are back to take the fruits of my labor.

I knew surge was going to get nerfed and it needed it, as soon as I started stacking some at lvl 50 and saw how ridiculously fast it scaled with hardly any invested, anyone who disagrees doesn't give a lick about balance.

Yeah but they nerfed both the way it scales AND threw a 10% nerf on top. Why do they always seem to overnerf everything?

Hey did you think tracer missiles got the same nerf? They did you know.

Hey did you know that Mercs and Sorcs can stack alacrity and drop a little surge so they will lose top end crits but gain cast speed for more damage? Well the tiny fraction of Mercs and Sorcs who aren't total garbage know!

Hey did you know that sorcs and mercs have almost no crit modifiers in their talent trees so they are least impacted by this dramatic reduction in crit damage (meanwhile Scoundrel is 30%)? Neither did BioWare!

Hey its okay to know nothing about your class! Just press that Tracer Missile™ and the details don't matter! Leave that pesky research/knowledge to the other classes (except sorcs)!

Edited by DunsparrowSolo

This was a stupid change which it seems they didn't really think through at all. It's also an indirect nerf/buff to certain classes gw bioware. Here are some examples:

1. Any class which has a crit modifier (usually 2nd top ability in their dps tree) will suffer more from this. Crit dmge modifier (eg 30% crit dmge on certain abilities) = crit and surge are worth more as a stat to you, and you get more bang for your buck than someone without the crit dmge modifier.. better scaling etc.

Note this isn't sorcerers as most of them spec hybrid rather than up their dps tree and get big damage without relying on crit dmge eg. double channel ticks on telekinetic throw, extra damage on project. Note this isn't commando either as there is no crit dmge modifier in their trees afaik. :rolleyes:

2. Dps classes who have crit dmge modifier: scoundrel, jedi shadow, sentinel, vanguard. All melee classes lol. Coz melee is so overpowered in this game. :confused:

3. Finally smuggler/operative healer (and I assume commando healer) have a mechanic such that alacrity is actually a fairly terrible stat for them. It reduces cast time without actually increasing resource regen rate... so you cast a heal marginally faster but you will have to wait to cast again anyway so get virtually no benefit. Also smuggler have only one cast-time spell they will use in practice anyway. Only option was to stack crit/surge. However now they've nerfed surge. Oh also, smugglers even get crit heal bonus too lol, so that's been nerfed too. This is indirect buff for the game's best healer, sage, for whom alacrity is actually decent due to much larger resource pool. Oh and shields can't crit anyway...

4. My main toon is not particularly well geared. Two of my pieces are even 45level. However my crit is near cap, my surge is near cap, my expertise is more or less capped (it seems to scale abysmally past 10%). It just seems like I have nothing to aim for gearwise that would increase my damage due to so many useless stats... crit, surge, accuracy, expertise. Apart from doing pve and simply stacking more str, power and endurance which I don't really want to do bc rng/time. Power is like only decent stat, but you're forced to get fairly useless accuracy/surge with it. I might look into defensive stats to see if they scale decently but ultimately all I care about is my damage or I would have played a tank, so pretty annoyed...

tldr: Yeah obviously damage is reduced for everyone but some are hit harder than others.

EDIT: ok so upon reflection I am wrong. I was thinking surge and the crit modifiers were multiplicative when it is additive (at least I believe so). Assuming 85% surge -> 70% surge, 35% crit it's like around a 4% avg dmge nerf regardless of crit dmge modifier (minimal difference between crit modifier and non crit modifier but actly marginally worse for sorc etc). However obv reduced dmge damage is going to be a big hit on say a scoundrels opening burst and a buff to any class which can heal/shield & the heal/alacrity stuff still stands.

Edited by genericcc

Look, they clearly thought high levels of surge was leading to too much crit damage and too much burst. This is something that happened in other games, and for example caused the emergence of resilience, which originally reduced crit damage and crit % on opponents.

The real issue is that accuracy and alacrity are so bad that surge has always been the only option.

Possible changes to other stats to make them more attractive:

- Accuracy provides armor penetration instead of just defenses penetration

- Alacrity makes hots and dots tick faster - or perhaps increases hot/dot power if the ticking faster is too hard to arrange