Bioware, please give me something like Recount!!!

Xcore

I can't believe how frustrating it is to be a Raid Leader pushing prog, running strats without any form of analysis at all!

This is barbaric raiding imo....

No, BLIND trial and error Is not the answer! INFORMED (through analysis) trial and error is fine...

How in the world am I supposed to recognize which if my 10-11 DPS is not pulling his weight? How do I analyze their detailed performances and make informed decisions on replacements when we hit enrages?

What do when we hit enrages or cannot meet either DPS or Healing throughput reqs?

The thought of 1 person holding back the progression due to slacking is killing me... for the love of competitive Raiding... Please allow Addons made by the community OR PROVIDE proper analysis tools such as recount or WorldofLogs.com

How about this... A meter that only displays info AFTER everyone's out of combat. That way people won't have their eyes glued to it in mid-fight and raiding won't feel as much like flight sim. Yet we still get access to this information. Edited by Stenrik

A raid leader who can't tell whose *slacking* out of 16 ppl tut tut. But seeing as you haven't got a meter to watch... watch the game instead you'll figure it out...

If you had any idea about any of this, you'd realize that it is impossible to tell the details in the numbers by "watching the game".

Your comment Is offensive In its ignorance.

I don't need an add-on to tell me that someone is dying in fire, that someone is attacking the wrong Target or even that someone is playing badly.

I do however need an add-on to tell me just exactly who is doing 13% of overall dmg to the boss and who is doing 8%.

How about this... A meter that only displays info AFTER everyone's out of combat. That way people won't have their eyes glued to it in mid-fight and raiding won't feel as much like flight sim. Yet we still get access to this information.

I would be 100% fine with this.

Edit: of course, it woukd need ti show "detail" such as Dmg, dmg to different targets (ideally with line graphs through time In encounter), healing, healing to targets, overhealing, dmg taken, dmg taken by source...

Also detail on abilities used etc.

Basically just like recount with some added WorldofLogs.com

Edited by Xcore

I do however need an add-on to tell me just exactly who is doing 13% of overall dmg to the boss and who is doing 8%.

And there is the problem. I may as well stop interupts and off-heals since you will be kicking from the raid for only doing 8% of the DPS.

And there is the problem. I may as well stop interupts and off-heals since you will be kicking from the raid for only doing 8% of the DPS.

Not necessarily, I would be able to see and analyze your contribution in other aspects, I may then ask you to focus more on your dps as we're hitting enrages...

If people then die due to you not healing anymore with offheals, then we analyze how/why and attempt to fix.

Also, I'd see if you improved and now do 15% instead of 8%... etc.

In the end, we would work towards getting the kill, beating the enrage through analysis and informed improvements.

Well its a good thing recount tracks those too isnt it?

People who are against any type of in game parse or combat log utility are bad players that dont want people to know they are bad. Period.

My guild cleared all nightmares just fine. Must just be operator (pun intendid!) error.

A) Until you can prove your claim, your claim is irrelevant.

B) Irrelevant still even if you did. The ability to clear current content or not has absolutely no bearing on this topic as I have never said that I did or did not clear content... Clearly you lack reading comprehension.

A) Until you can prove your claim, your claim is irrelevant.

B) Irrelevant still even if you did. The ability to clear current content or not has absolutely no bearing on this topic as I have never said that I did or did not clear content... Clearly you lack reading comprehension.

It actually has a bearing on this topic due to you wanting better people or helping people improve their play.He was only saying that they did it without the meters so it's not a must have.

BUT imo it is.. I vote to have this implamented in the game asap!!! GO BW DO EEEEEEET

It actually has a bearing on this topic due to you wanting better people or helping people improve their play.He was only saying that they did it without the meters so it's not a must have.

BUT imo it is.. I vote to have this implamented in the game asap!!! GO BW DO EEEEEEET

No, the ability to clear the content or not does not have any bearing on my OP or this subject because, i never made the claim that one cannot clear content without it.

I know you generally agree with the sentiment but I feel that this needs to be clear for the future responses.

I merely claim that it is incredibly frustrating as well as backwards to not have proper tools for analysis.

P.S.: We could clear the content with our screens turning black every 10seconds for 3seconds but that still doesnt mean its fine...

People who are against any type of in game parse or combat log utility are bad players that dont want people to know they are bad. Period.

Hey if we're gonna stereo type I say the only people who want meters are those sad cases who need to brag and stroke their e peen. OF course the truth lies somewhere in between but I bet I know where some one lays on the spectrum.

Quoted for truth.

Edited by aimnano

Tend to disagree here, to be honest.

Given Recount is a WoW addon and just for reference. I'm currently sitting at about the 7th best geared Horde Rogue on my server and the strongest dps in our raid group. We are doing heroic DS. So many times we have seen recruits try to aim for max dps because of Recount, and tunnel vision as a result.

Max dps does not make a good player, and Recount is by no means needed. I have also been in guilds (in WoW and other games), that failed completly due to an insistance on max dps over skill. Resulting in the good players actually leaving to raid with other guilds.

The only time we find Recount useful is if we want to check that the raid's average dps is high enough to beat enrage timers. Other than achieving that, we couldn't care less what an individuals dps is.

Edited by Dryana

Not necessarily, I would be able to see and analyze your contribution in other aspects, I may then ask you to focus more on your dps as we're hitting enrages...

If people then die due to you not healing anymore with offheals, then we analyze how/why and attempt to fix.

Also, I'd see if you improved and now do 15% instead of 8%... etc.

In the end, we would work towards getting the kill, beating the enrage through analysis and informed improvements.

Anyone who has ever played Everquest (which featured much more difficult encounters that what you're obviously used to) would very much like to point and laugh at you right now.

No. We're (mostly) people who have played these games long before you and your MMO-with-kiddie-wheels came along. I laugh at people like you and the OP, who can't conceive of raiding without some sort of tool to spell everything out for you, and I don't want to lower myself to your levels. You're an embarassment to gaming.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for providing us feedback by suggesting there be a recount meter for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We currently have a thread discussing this topic here: Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Please use the provided thread as this will help to organize the discussion on the topic for the community.