Is this intended? black-red saber on republic

SunwindIon

I think it depends what type of item it is. I am an Empire Merc Dark IV and I had an orange blaster for a while with a blue crystal in it. I could use it with no problem. once I removed the crystal I could not put it in another blaster becuase it required "Light"

This could be the case

Edited by DrexelATX

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just explain this real quick? This has happened to me as well. This person is using a Rakata weapon that has dropped from a boss. Unless I am mistaken, Karagga Hard drops Rakata Mainhand weapon (not weapon token, the actual weapon). And those weapons are all available to both factions. He got the Empire version but it has no restriction by itself. The devs didn't anticipate this I guess so they didn't put any form of limitation on who can use it. A similar thing happened to me and I now am using as a tanking weapon the Empire version of Last Bastion. There is a Republic one as well with a blue color, but I am using the Empire one which has a different graphic for the hilt and a red color which has a dark restriction but inexplicably allows me to use it even though I am Light V.

/thread

Edited by Bionixx

I'm a pure lightside Shadow tank. I have gotten the double bladed light saber from the last boss in eternity vault like 4 or 5 times (only on normal sadly) I have had one with a red crystal in it twice and have been able to equip it. I have also had a green and blue crystal colored light saber drop.. My guess is this. He killed hardmode Soa and got lucky with a saber drop that happend to have a red crystal in it. Edited by JudeSaint

There are no faction specific crystals.

There are alignment specific crystals.

*facepalm*

We are talking end-game crystals, which are faction-specific and do not have any alignment requirement.

Champion/Columi weapons: Republic = cyan, Empire = purple

Battlemaster/Rakata weapons: Republic = blue-black, Empire = red-black

i've written many tickets about exploiters or even blatant, every-day afk botting.

nothing happened. nothing at all.

They cannot tell you what they are going to do, or when they are going to do it. They also simply cannot take your word for it, they have to investigate it which takes time.

Have you asked how they did it?

I doubt it, it's easier to name and shame on the forums without actually taking the time to ask the person being named.

Edited by terminova

okay let me clear up any confusion.

black-red is EMPIRE only

black-blue is REPUBLIC only

at least, until now. aside from cheating or using a glitch I don't know how someone can obtain both on one faction, that is why i'm bringing it to everyones attention.

Actually, what you may want to look up -- and please do this.

DO NOT THINK THERE IS ONLY a few color crystals in the game...

i.e. ..... green blue red purple yellow orange ...

If I told you there was about 30 different ones you would think I was nuts.

Well, enjoy finding out... or knowing more soon.

(*Since the start of beta we had many colors.... many more)..going back a year.. I know we don't get in trouble for saying that now so ... Im good! lol.

White, black, different shades of them as well... no joke... they are in the code and they are out there.

Now... I cannot tell you what they pulled back or turned back on but I can tell you there is a LOT of color crystals in the game right now as we speak.

No joke.

Edited by Iskareot

I can assure you it wasn't obtained with an exploit.

Well, then explain more.

Rakata Main-Hand drops are tokens. They share the same mirror with both sides. So you'll see "Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior" as the useable character.

The only way I can think of that the person got it is:

1) The Repub somehow go to the imp fleet to turn it in.

2) The Repub got their item brought to the level 140 stat after turning it in already, however, the change messed it up and gave them an Empire-only black/red saber crystal.

Well, then explain more.

Here's how to get the black/red crystal

You need Dark V and an interrogation droid from the dark vendor.

Defeat every world & hardmode flashpoint boss whilst having a high level red crystal in your inventory.

The droid must be out during each boss encounter/flashpoint and you have to select all of the dark side dialogue options within the hardmode flashpoints. (Don't group with lightside players!)

The droid will eventually malfunction and electrocute your character which will turn the red crystal into a black/red one!

Edited by Slazza

Well, then explain more.

Rakata Main-Hand drops are tokens. They share the same mirror with both sides. So you'll see "Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior" as the useable character.

The only way I can think of that the person got it is:

1) The Repub somehow go to the imp fleet to turn it in.

2) The Repub got their item brought to the level 140 stat after turning it in already, however, the change messed it up and gave them an Empire-only black/red saber crystal.

exactly, it's obviously some glitch that was used to get it, but what is bioware going to do about it ?

Edited by SunwindIon

I'm pretty damn sure Soa drops weapons and not tokens(because I got one on normal mode). It's entirely possible that on hardmode and nightmare, Soa drops weapons that have the black core lightsaber crystals and this person got one of those.

No idea, makes no sense to me and annoys me further as I'd have preferred the Cyan :p

Sith you ran into on the KOTOR games often had purple too, its like BW writers think because its closer to red than most other colours than its obviously a sith colour.

At the end of the day I really hope this is a bug or a glitch, the last thing we need are more black core sabers.

Purple is not closer to red than most other colors. On the color wheel, purple (violet) is made with red and blue. Therefore, it's in between.

Also, the movies have a Jedi WITH a purple saber. To see them limit this color to Empire only is absolutely ludicrous. It has to be a bug.

I will be highly upset if this remains as an Empire only color. I'm a huge fan of Mace Windu and I do hope that I will be able to sport a purple saber in the near future.