Assassins/Shadows don't have to die if they don't want to. That's rad

HBninjaX

they can cleans DoTs, stealth and get away anytime they want

any time you get the upper hand 1v1 they just take off and there's nothing you can do to stop them

Awesome. Someone else who has never played a class speculating as to how it works.

Wish I could just stealth and clean dots any time I wanted, that would indeed be awesome.

Too bad we can't do that.

any time you get the upper hand 1v1 they just take off and there's nothing you can do to stop them

Actually I can ground target AoE damage, PBAoE CC , conal flamethrower or use my stealth scan.

It's impossible to get away form a bounty hunter. I have never let one get away when I just get them out of stealth with stealth scan. A complete counter, kinda like a hunter in wow using flare when rogues vanish.

Pop Resilience + Vanish and scan won't pop you out.

*stealth scan*

GET OVER HERE!

*collects a kill*

The only thing that annoys me is if they are using a certain bugged water for insta heals. But I make a habit of reporting every single exploiter I meet.

the life of a Wow kid:

"zomg a class is overpowered because it can RUN AWAY from a fight when it's cooldowns are up! Nerf class!"

"zomg a class is overpowered because it can out heal damage! Nerf class!"

"zomg a class is overpowered because it can burst damage! Nerf Class!

Edited by Evuke

but in a rock paper scissor game there shouldn't be a counter to the vanish ability.

1. this isn't a rock paper scissors game.

2. There are several counters to vanish: stealth scan, pbaoe damage spells, aoe knockbacks, ground targetable aoe spells.

Edited by Evuke

Contrary to popular belief classes aren't balanced for 1 vs 1 in a team game.

HOLY SHEET!!! thats like the most profound statement i have ever read on these forums +1

if only more people actually understood this maybe we wouldnt have people like the OP complaining about a couple classes mechanics.

Edited by Cryofire

*stealth scan*

GET OVER HERE!

*collects a kill*

The only thing that annoys me is if they are using a certain bugged water for insta heals. But I make a habit of reporting every single exploiter I meet.

waters a unfair advantage not an exploit your reporting was a waste of time

but in a rock paper scissor game there shouldn't be a counter to the vanish ability.

DC universe online is a rock paper scissor game - where when you attack a healer with a controller class you get a +45% damage buff for like 5 seconds.

or tank to controller or healer to tank.

That's funny... I never WANT to die when playing my Kinetic, but it happens a lot anyway.

When I try to use Resilience + Force Cloak, I get "That ability is still cooling down" a lot.

It turns out Resilience has a 45s cooldown and Force Cloak has a 3 minute one. Maybe that has something to do with the problem...

I will let someone else to decide. GMs already responded that they are aware of people abusing this mechanic.

I've had GM's reporting that items I craft, take an hour to be delivered through the mailbox.

So - I take some of their "statements" with a pinch of salt.

Personally - I don't see the problem with the Water. If it's open world PvP, it works in my favour - assuming I don't cry foul any time "Something different pops up." Since if they're Stealthing and popping water, that breaks me from combat and I'm free to do the same too - except they're going to be down vanish + anti effect CD, resetting the fight into my favour.

If it's in WZ's, then if it drops me out of combat - see above, otherwise - they're still out of the fight because either there will be others near me who're going to kill me, or others near me who're going to heal me and kill them. Whoopdie-doo. They healed a few thousand health quickly. Only people it affects are those who can't find a use for it.

They're not the only ones who can "use" something, and often it works more in my favour that they do. Then again - I'm not the type of player to cry foul any time something new crops up. I try and work with it, or adapt to it - or find ways I can use their "toys" for myself.