Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

Those people who think their 15 dollars a month amounts to more than the 15 dollars a month of 7 other people ARE the problem. The quitters are the problem. The people who play this game like a second job and think the only way to be entertained is to cause other people grief are the problem. The childish behavior is the problem.

The problem is you. But you don't see it that way, and it's understandable. It goes with the territory of being selfish.

you are forgetting about the 8 other people in that match

so really its 9v7, the majority of people are happy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my post again, I edited and added more.

I play a lot...more than most people probably should. Usually a lot more than 10 games a day the past few weeks, with the occasional day or two lull of not playing at all. Real life responsibilities and all. You'll know all about that when you get all big and have a family of your own to support.

We're talking now. But the issue is not about me. The issue is not with people staying and enjoying the game, win or lose. No, we are not the problem. Those of us who are entertained by the game we pay a measly 15 dollars a month and don't think of it as a second job are not the problem.

Those people who think their 15 dollars a month amounts to more than the 15 dollars a month of 7 other people ARE the problem. The quitters are the problem. The people who play this game like a second job and think the only way to be entertained is to cause other people grief are the problem. The childish behavior is the problem.

The problem is you. But you don't see it that way, and it's understandable. It goes with the territory of being selfish.

i think you don't get it

Read my above post.

<60 Valor Grind is fun --------> even if you lose, you can buy champ bags with the WZ Comms and the weeklies gives you 3 bags.

>60 Valor BM Grind is the worst.

You can't grind BM

The only way to get BM Bags is thru WINS and ILUM.

I'm not gonna play 4hrs of PVP to get my daily done. Sorry if i have a life.

and the fact that half my wins don't count makes it even more painful to do the daily.

I think that the common denominator has been established already - people that don't understand what teamwork is. At this point i don't expect quitters to be good at pvp because their fundamental value system has proven that they don't understand what it takes to play a role in a team, and they're just there to piggy-back off the hard-work of 7 good players.

Quite frankly, these people who have so many negative views about the game and really need to just quit the game and move on if they're so unhappy with it's mechanics. They're not obviously not enjoying the game and generally are the same people that end up using exploits to win after quit-farming enough times doesn't work, and then say "But the hutt-ball announcer says cheating is ok!" as if it's a legitimate argument.

They're quitters, act like children, are narcissistic and are a small portion of the population that feel it's ok to ruin someone else's gaming experience because they're not getting their way. With 1.8 million subscribers BioWare will not miss these few thousand individuals.

Hmm makes sense. I guess I have either been lucky in my WZs or in my server of choice.

Regardless of arguement. Regardless of flames.

I am forced to play a game which I do not enjoy. I HATE IT.

This sums up your entire post.

Someone is holding a gun to your head and making you sit at your computer?

Seriously, could you be any more dramatic?

I don't have a problem with people seeing they get a huttball match and leave the moment they get in, when the pre-game countdown is still going on. I don't think anybody really sees this as a problem. So you don't need to be raging over this.

The problem at hand is quitters. Leaving to avoid a warzone you don't like because you don't like that type of warzone is totally understandable. Leaving to avoid having to actually work for a win is not acceptable.

i think you don't get it

I do get it. You think the only way to have fun is to put on another piece of gear. You're delusional.

Clearly not if you're so self-serving to think you're the only one in the world with a life and causing everyone else grief is perfectly acceptable in life. Grow a sack, stop being selfish, and make your half day's wages worth more than just a different colored pixel.

You're obviously not going to change, though, so please just logoff one last time, cancel your subscription or delete your parent's credit card number, and never log in again. You're not going to have the quality of fun that most of us do by just playing, win or lose.

Edited by Nangasaur

if im in my room with 7 strangers ill watch whatever i want, plus the other 8 people on the other team will be glad i quit, so the majority of people are happy

You're not even applying your own analogy to what's being discussed in a realistic manner. We're all watching tv in a community venue together, not in your room. Do you really believe that 7 strangers are going to come to your room to watch tv?

Self-centered people can only see things from one perspective.

You forgot to add-in the other players who join/leave because they just joined a warzone that's been short players and is a lost match. I'll see between 1 - 4 people go through that revolving door as well. Thus we're up to 8 - 13 people that are not happy because of your actions.

Either you're incredibly narcissistic, or you've never stayed in a warzone long enough to know that other people come in to fill your spot. I'm betting on the former.

and the fact that half my wins don't count makes it even more painful to do the daily.

What negative effect does it have on you to not get the Daily PvP quest done? Please, tell me because i'm all ears. Will your character be deleted? Will your computer get the dreaded daily-not-completed virus and suddenly explode due to overheating? Will your family die in a horrible accident while running over your dog?!

I must know what is so terrible about not completing a quest that is given out every day that you have to ruin other people's experiences to avoid.

I'm waiting...

(and in all the time I've played only twice can I remember that a win didn't count.)

i vote 30 minutes, and /signed.

They do this and I will cancel my subscription.

I do not have enough time with work and family to PvP and get my dailies done unless I leave a losing match.

The current system is stupid and Bioware shouldn't have it take 3 wins to complete.

Instead Bioware should be rewarding actions that you do inside the warzone.

Such as:

1. Interrupting a Voidstar plant.

2. Planting the Voidstar bomb.

3. Capturing a turret on Alderaan.

4. Killing 4 enemy players around a Turret on Alderaan.

5. Pass the Huttball to a player that then scores.

6. Scoring the Huttball.

Anything OTHER than this that involves a lockout timer and I'm gone. I will not sacrifice my family and work time / health to complete my dailies.

Just a final warning.

Institute a lockout Bioware and I WILL cancel.

Edited by AidenPryde

You're not even applying your own analogy to what's being discussed in a realistic manner. We're all watching tv in a community venue together, not in your room. Do you really believe that 7 strangers are going to come to your room to watch tv?

Self-centered people can only see things from one perspective.

You forgot to add-in the other players who join/leave because they just joined a warzone that's been short players and is a lost match. I'll see between 1 - 4 people go through that revolving door as well. Thus we're up to 8 - 13 people that are not happy because of your actions.

Either you're incredibly narcissistic, or you've never stayed in a warzone long enough to know that other people come in to fill your spot. I'm betting on the former.

i figured i would change it to "my room" since you said they were all friends in your analogy, when really if i solo queue i dont know any of them and could really care less about their happiness

Edited by LanceUpercutt

you are forgetting about the 8 other people in that match

so really its 9v7, the majority of people are happy

:rolleyes:

Only quitters believe this, too. It goes with the same selfish territory of causing grief to others is fun.

Those of us (the majority of the playerbase) who play for genuine fun (that's called winning or losing, and not nerd raging over a loss), don't get much fun out of facerolling a team because they are constantly missing 1 or 2 people due to quitters. Yes, I'll admit, I laugh when I see the "Warzone shutdown" message when we are winning and our team is full, because it tells me the other team just lost 2 people due to quitters, and I find it shameful of them.

But for the other 6 people on that team, I feel bad for them and hope they get 2 replacements who stay and put up a good fight. THAT'S fun. And I'm certain the majority of the player base would agree. Not just certain, but irrefutably positive that the most fun matches are when 8 players fight against 8 players, control of the warzone changes hands several times, and an underdog team comes back for a win - even if that's not my team. Those are fun matches because they were a challenge.

I do get it. You think the only way to have fun is to put on another piece of gear. You're delusional.

Clearly not if you're so self-serving to think you're the only one in the world with a life and causing everyone else grief is perfectly acceptable in life. Grow a sack, stop being selfish, and make your half day's wages worth more than just a different colored pixel.

You're obviously not going to change, though, so please just logoff one last time, cancel your subscription or delete your parent's credit card number, and never log in again. You're not going to have the quality of fun that most of us do by just playing, win or lose.

LOL parent's credit card? don't worry i pay my car ,my house, my bills , my swtor subscription.

The battlemaster system is just broken, and i play an mmo to get progression somehow. right now i didnt get any progression for almost 3 weeks.

and i used to think like you before i got battlemaster.

My issue isn't the people leaving its the people who should leave because they have no idea how to actually play the warzone. The worst are those that just set into killing players and ignoring the actual point of Huttball or they have no idea how to handle void star.

I'd rather they quit...atleast with cross server (though I hate to think it) or a Merc System which i think is a better idea then cross server the quitters would quickly be replaced with people who might actually know how to work as a team.

Edited by Kindara

Disable the ability to pre-made in hutt ball.

So I'm not allowed suddenly to play with my friends because you're bad? How exactly is that fair to me? I started playing TOR specifically because my girlfriend and several other RL friends play. Preventing us from queueing as a group completely defeats the point of playing MMO's with friends.

:rolleyes:

Only quitters believe this, too. It goes with the same selfish territory of causing grief to others is fun.

Those of us (the majority of the playerbase) who play for genuine fun (that's called winning or losing, and not nerd raging over a loss), don't get much fun out of facerolling a team because they are constantly missing 1 or 2 people due to quitters. Yes, I'll admit, I laugh when I see the "Warzone shutdown" message when we are winning and our team is full, because it tells me the other team just lost 2 people due to quitters, and I find it shameful of them.

But for the other 6 people on that team, I feel bad for them and hope they get 2 replacements who stay and put up a good fight. THAT'S fun. And I'm certain the majority of the player base would agree. Not just certain, but irrefutably positive that the most fun matches are when 8 players fight against 8 players, control of the warzone changes hands several times, and an underdog team comes back for a win - even if that's not my team. Those are fun matches because they were a challenge.

majority of the player base? what evidence do you have to support that? to be honest i really dont care about the happiness of random people i dont know, is it selfish? sure but everyone is selfish

When I enter an uneven match or see an exploit, I'm gone, that is on Bioware, they have the power to fix it yet they do not.

-nods-

This game is simply too full of reason for people to check out of a warzone. There's no need to punish people, that doesn't make matters better, simply increase/fix the reasons to stay in the warzone.

There's plenty of DC'ing in this game...that cannot be underestimated. But I'd GLADLY suffer a 15 minute lockout if I DC'd to insure that less real dropping would occur in ALL the warzones I don't have disconnect issues.

BTW, the game is VERY buggy, this isn't an issue of the end-users system nine times out of ten.

Right. To the OP you quoted, I'm against the penalty that strips Valor/ranks or w/e. Too many DC/Client Crashes in this game. 15 min penalty is fine. Just saying when you go hardcore penalty and a DC causes me to loose 58k Valor, Yea I'm gonna be pissed.

Just a final warning.

RED ALERT! RED ALERT

AIDEN PRYDE WILL CANCEL HIS PARENT'S CREDIT CARD NUMBER IF THERE IS A PENALTY FOR BEING A QUITTER!

:eek: <--- This is my care face.

Not really.

Nor is it BW's or EA's, and threats aren't going to bother them in the least. Quitters gonna quit, oh noes! One less griefer to worry about.

I do not have enough time with work and family to PvP and get my dailies done unless I leave a losing match.

Just a final warning.

Please cancel... you do not understand PvP, you don't understand that the daily will be there the next day as well.

Bioware WILL have a lockout, I can promise you that.

i think you don't get it

You can't grind BM

The only way to get BM Bags is thru WINS and ILUM.

Try this on for size:

If you are 60+ it's generally safe to say you have around 10% expertise bonus, and would be a asset to your team if only you knew how to play on one, and didn't expect to get carried to wins. Try playing the game and try winning it, rather than having it be won for you.

It's the people that leave WZs that cause the losses more than the "bads" they are trying to avoid. Apparently it's this same group that somehow causes wins to not count as wins; a double-troll so-to-speak. Not only do you "bads" have to recover from 7v8 for the first few minutes, but you will also not get credited if you do recover.

FYI...

If there's some kind of penalty for quitting a match early...

The people that normally quit... will just start AFK'ing.

I'd personally rather have 5 people trying than 5 afk.

+1

Not to mention usually it's people that AFK that make the quitters leave even faster. I've seen premades all quit too and it's no biggie...nothing makes you laugh harder than making another premade quit from losing.

This whole thread is a waste of time, BG's are balanced. BG's are easy to complete for daily and weekly. Developpers need to spend their time on more important things like fixing Ilum.

Well here we go again.

A. Add the option to surrender after 3-5 minutes and I'll stay.
B. Add deserter(more than 5 minutes) and I'll afk.
 Subsection B.
      1. Add Inactivity Detection, and I'll press a key every minute or so.
      2. Add PvP Detection, And I'll hit my basic attack on someone every minute or so.
      3. Shorten the detection times and watch people fear defending an objective.
C. Add a harsh Deserter penalty if you leave within the first few minutes of a match. But not afterwards and I'll stay until then.

I am a leaver, please leave you flaming comments in the section,

BELOW ME

Edited by Kyrandis