For snipers out there - Why are we the only class that doesn't look cool?

FINALBOSS

If I see any other class, I can pretty much tell the difference between a low-level guy and a guy who puts a lot of effort into their class.

On my sniper, I look pretty much exactly the same as when I did at level 20.

Where is our fancy looking armor?

How are people supposed to tell I put time and effort into my class?

Sure, it might be an e-peen thing, but one of the draws of MMOs and RPGS in general is leveling up your character, getting better gear, and looking more awesome. I've never felt like that ONCE on my sniper.

I immediately felt like one on my Marauder and Assassin.

Edited by FINALBOSS

Why are we the only class that doesn't look cool?

I found the problem -- you're looking at the wrong toon. Try not to focus on the glowstick hero standing beside you.

Here. *gives mirror*

Ah, there we go. Now who's that handsome guy with a slick gun?

We're snipers, we're not supposed to stand out. Other than the big neon billboard that we hide behind...

I would like to find a helm that doesn't look stupid however, it sucks that our options either look like kayne-shades(PvP) or like we got our head mummified(PvE).

We're snipers, we're not supposed to stand out. Other than the big neon billboard that we hide behind...

I would like to find a helm that doesn't look stupid however, it sucks that our options either look like kayne-shades(PvP) or like we got our head mummified(PvE).

I'm just waiting for them to make all gear customizable so I can start wearing my really nice helm, the one from the Imperial Agent progression video, the end-game sniper. I'm considering buying a completely overpriced 25 armoring, but it only looks good on my pvp set and I don't want to miss out on expertise.

Btw, if you don't like the way we look, it's because of your own personal preference which we can't change for you. A lot of us actually like the way our sniper looks.

Some advice if you want to keep playing your sniper: Wait for BW to make the end-game gear customizable. If nothing else you could always borrow a Maurauder end-game outfit, social outfit, or gunslinger outfit(you'll need to use the Hutt Cartel Trade Network, but depends on how far your willing to go for looks).

Edited by SpectreVII

Personally, I hate the 'fancy looking armor' for other classes, and much prefer the simple and utilitarian look the agents get with their level 50 pve and pvp gear.

If you've seen the endgame gear for other classes, you'd know how hideous most of it looks. It makes characters here look like they're from warcraft or something, not a starwars feel to it at all. The agent's armor is one of the few endgame sets that actually looks like it belongs in a starwars game, even if it isnt over-done.

I hear Jedi Knights look really cool in their end-game set...

But really, my only beef here is that there aren't much Sniper Rifles that look like a Sniper Rifle, BM one looks like some bastard mix of shotgun and hunting rifle, Champ looked like Assault Rifle and so on...

One has to consider that this is effectively T1 stuff including BM and T1 stuff is not exactly supposed to give you wet dreams.

But really, my only beef here is that there aren't much Sniper Rifles that look like a Sniper Rifle, BM one looks like some bastard mix of shotgun and hunting rifle, Champ looked like Assault Rifle and so on...

One has to consider that this is effectively T1 stuff including BM and T1 stuff is not exactly supposed to give you wet dreams.

Return of the paladin, to what i've heared :D

When you're shooting a plasma weapon, it' s not like the barrel length matters a great deal.

There are some good long-gun looks out there. The Collicoid-X sniper rifle from the War Games flashpoint looks like a big long gun.

I have no idea what the 10-Kilometer Killer l ooks like, th ough i can craft it. Come 1.2 or so, with BiS always being a crit-craft, i imagine ill start making them.

I am still waiting for the ghillie suit for my sniper.

^ This or baring that, atleast some camo pant on our gear.

Snipers are well known to use whatever gives them the best concealment. Not metal shiney gear with a nice antenna sticking up that will reveal your position.

I'm hoping Bioware will let us remove the armoring from PVP gear now that currency flows so easily. Our pvp set is mediocre looking, but our various trenchcoats are awesome =p

They are going to, in patch 1.2, allow all armoring/hilts/barrels to be removed. Already announced.

The primary reason they didnt already do that is because t hey didnt want people to farm the easist item (boots, say) and get the really pimp armoring for all their slots, the delay to 1.2 was to code the changes so that t he armoring removed from raid and PvP items will have to go back into the same type of item.

However, it means set boni will transfer.

In this same patch they are allowing crafted orange armor to crit, as well, gaining an augment socket...

what this means is somewhat double edged. It means that BiS gear (for PvP or PvE will ALWAYS be a crit-orange).

28 of an extra stat in every slot, kids. Yee haw inflation.

^ This. Have you seen some of the end game pve and pvp sorcerer gear? I think someone likened it to a transvestite that decided they wanted to dress up like a clown.

This, and the Jedi Knight end game gear. Omg.

I'm pretty happy with my sniper gear. Although I'm still level 35, I found tons of orange gear that I really love, as opposed to tearing my head out at how stupid I look when playing a sage.

Really? One of the reasons why I picked this class was because I thought the armor sets looked better than the other classes.

I took one look at the max level armor set for the sorcerer and said no thanks. The shoulders look comical on them.

Really? One of the reasons why I picked this class was because I thought the armor sets looked better than the other classes.

I took one look at the max level armor set for the sorcerer and said no thanks. The shoulders look comical on them.

I did the same thing, all the other classes gear looks awful, I actually like ours.

There are also lots of really neat looking orange sets (vendetta, gunslinger...), which we will be able to mob with our end game gear in the future patch.

I did the same thing, all the other classes gear looks awful, I actually like ours.

There are also lots of really neat looking orange sets (vendetta, gunslinger...), which we will be able to mob with our end game gear in the future patch.

eh.. yes and no.

The new patch (which will also make crafted orange armor capable of critting) will mean that "BiS" is going to be a crit-orange, always.

Ive got a maxed Armormech, and i cant make orange versions of any of the decent looking armor. My orange medium armor is all fugly as hell.

I actually like the look of my tier gear as long as I dont show the helm. Seriously, it looks like it was designed with early Ironman in mind and I hate it.

I also wish we could get a hood-up option on the field tech sets. Its not cool that both op sets get one and we don't.

I had a Athiss informant's outfit that I kept modded. Looks sweet (infiltration catsuit with communication gear on it).

When the full mod comes I plan to go for hooligan's outfit (imperial officer's uniform, maybe use a jacket I have with orange highlights, not sure).

Of course, as a Chiss...I want a moddable white imperial officer's uniform. Nope, no reason...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.