Global Cooldown - I like it

-Aarioch-

I don't understand the issue people are having with the new global cooldown display... I find it's a LOT better than the old way and I am not sure if it's just that I am more able to time the skill action (due to the new display) or if they fixed the timing/delay issues but I was instantly dropping more damage in less time on my targets.

I play a sith warrior and as far as I have seen (compaired to my other characters) my warrior is the most interactive skill style i have seen. By this I mean he has a lot of skills that are dependent on mob conditions and cooldown states vs all my other characters.

summary I love the new cooldown set up... I hope it doesn't get changed.

Edited by -Aarioch-

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goody for you. I still cannot participate in combat until the 21st unless I want my left hand to twitch violently.

Then I guess you will just have to wait until they do the selectable cooldown feature, then you can select the one you like.

Personally I have not had any problems with the current situation, but I do not do PVP so that aspect of it is not an issue for me, even though it may be for others..

I don't understand the issue people are having with the new global cooldown display... I find it's a LOT better than the old way and I am not sure if it's just that I am more able to time the skill action (due to the new display) or if they fixed the timing/delay issues but I was instantly dropping more damage in less time on my targets.

I play a sith warrior and as far as I have seen (compaired to my other characters) my warrior is the most interactive skill style i have seen. By this I mean he has a lot of skills that are dependent on mob conditions and cooldown states vs all my other characters.

summary I love the new cooldown set up... I hope it doesn't get changed.

There have been 3 full thread and a fourth one filling up with comments on the issue. You could go post over there expressing your opinion. Or just read the Dev Tracker.

It took me a bit of time when first playing with the new method to finally figure out what on cool down looks like. Since I figured it out, I can't say that I have even noticed it while playing, which means it's not a bother to me.

I like it as well, but people freak out over every change.

If people truly are getting sick over the minor flashing, I wonder how you are able to play games at all, as there is much more flashing through affects and abilities.

More than one option is always good though.

I am glad they added as system that slaps you in the face to let you know its time to do something, while the rest of us were doing just as good as (if not better than) you without it.

I guess by this you mean a system that you don't have to focus all of your attention on to see the end of the cooldown cycle...

Not sure how the easier to see indication of skill ready status has harmed your performance?

Edited by -Aarioch-

I guess by this you mean a system that you don't have to focus all of your attention on to see the end of the cooldown cycle...

Not sure how the easier to see indication of skill ready status has harmed your performance?

Because you can que up your next ability up to 1 second before the GCD ends. Why do you need to have such a blatant slap in the face when it ends if it doesn't matter because your next ability is already qued and ready to go?

I do understand the need for good visual representation of long CDs, but for the GCD it is not needed.

Because you can que up your next ability up to 1 second before the GCD ends. Why do you need to have such a blatant slap in the face when it ends if it doesn't matter because your next ability is already qued and ready to go?

I do understand the need for good visual representation of long CDs, but for the GCD it is not needed.

If you que abilities as melee your fail.

Thats why its important to have GCD visual because if you dont want stuttering and lag as melee you play with 0.0 queing. Which means you need to know when skills are ready when gcd's are ticking down etc etc.

so you can time your bursts and make sure you are dps'ing at full capacity in pvp especially.

Didn't really answer my question as to how it hurt your performance.....

And it's not a 1 second queue. the whole cooldown is only 1.5 seconds and the queueing only seems to work in the last 10-15% of that ... so .15 - .17 second queue (estimated).

and more importantly...

If you que abilities as melee your fail.

Thats why its important to have GCD visual because if you dont want stuttering and lag as melee you play with 0.0 queing. Which means you need to know when skills are ready when gcd's are ticking down etc etc.

so you can time your bursts and make sure you are dps'ing at full capacity in pvp especially.

what he/she said.

Edited by -Aarioch-

Didn't really answer my question as to how it hurt your performance.....

And it's not a 1 second queue. the whole cooldown is only 1.5 seconds and the queueing only seems to work in the last 10-15% of that ... so .15 - .17 second queue (estimated).

and more importantly...

what he/she said.

Actually you can can change it to up to 1 second in your preferences. And if you are waiting to choose you next ability till AFTER the GCD is up you are losing dps time as opposed to it firing the exact moment the GCD ends.

As to how it hurts performance? 2 reasons. 1) I am getting a distracting white flash every 1.5 seconds. Annoying at the least, sickening at the worst. And 2) ALL abilities are greyed out now until the GCD ends. So you can only guess if you have the resources to use the next ability (not to mention reactive ones). So you can either wait for the GCD to end and therefore lose dps time, or just guess and hope you have the resources for the next ability. I am not even looking at my bars at all now because I am not getting the proper information from them and they are making annoying flashes.

If that's true, then you're just being contrary. The new look makes it harder to tell if those abilities that require the target to be incapacitated or whatever are available. That part is simple fact and pretty much indisputable. I'm not sure how anyone could actually like having more trouble identifying what's available (even by a small amount) but in my experience, the majority of human beings are morons.

The border and flashing is just fine, but they need to remove the wash-out effect.

Edited by Aeryl

Actually you can can change it to up to 1 second in your preferences. And if you are waiting to choose you next ability till AFTER the GCD is up you are losing dps time as opposed to it firing the exact moment the GCD ends.

As to how it hurts performance? 2 reasons. 1) I am getting a distracting white flash every 1.5 seconds. Annoying at the least, sickening at the worst. And 2) ALL abilities are greyed out now until the GCD ends. So you can only guess if you have the resources to use the next ability (not to mention reactive ones). So you can either wait for the GCD to end and therefore lose dps time, or just guess and hope you have the resources for the next ability. I am not even looking at my bars at all now because I am not getting the proper information from them and they are making annoying flashes.

You have to guess when if you have enough power/energy/ammo? You must not know your class or skills very well at all. I dont have to guess theres a yellow bar right under my health tthat shows exactly how much I have left and I know what skills take what energy.

Get better I say.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.