Every nerf so far has only made Sorcs stronger.

The_Starks

Isn't it interesting that most of the nerfts to classes/skills have only served to make sorcs and sages stronger compared to other classes?

Biochem.... yup, reduce the healing ability of other classes

Operative nerf.... yup, sorcs don't have a single class to fear now

Surge.... yup, reduce the burst capability of classes that previously focused on stacking surge, which sorcs don't (insert 9 sorcs saying they stack surge), reduced ability of other classes to get through their shield

Assassin/shadows .... yup, a gentle reminder that you picked the wrong AC

There are many other examples but you get the point.

Oh, and check over the patch notes of all patches released since. How many patches changed a single thing about sorcs? Zero.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feal you and for GOD SAKE BIO-WARE MAKE SHIELD WORK AGAIN EVERY DAMAGE FORM AND I MEAN BOUNTY HUNTER SHIELD CUZ RIGHT NOW EVERY FORCE POWER IN THIS GAME CAN GO RIGHT TROO the shield and last time i check went jedis or siths where face again a shield they did not went at it they took cover and hide wish mean they cant go troo shield is *********** force powers not magic

I feal you and for GOD SAKE BIO-WARE MAKE SHIELD WORK AGAIN EVERY DAMAGE FORM AND I MEAN BOUNTY HUNTER SHIELD CUZ RIGHT NOW EVERY FORCE POWER IN THIS GAME CAN GO RIGHT TROO the shield and last time i check went jedis or siths where face again a shield they did not went at it they took cover and hide wish mean they cant go troo shield is *********** force powers not magic

Ummm .. what?

Isn't it interesting that most of the nerfts to classes/skills have only served to make sorcs and sages stronger compared to other classes?

Biochem.... yup, reduce the healing ability of other classes

Operative nerf.... yup, sorcs don't have a single class to fear now

Surge.... yup, reduce the burst capability of classes that previously focused on stacking surge, which sorcs don't (insert 9 sorcs saying they stack surge), reduced ability of other classes to get through their shield

Assassin/shadows .... yup, a gentle reminder that you picked the wrong AC

There are many other examples but you get the point.

Oh, and check over the patch notes of all patches released since. How many patches changed a single thing about sorcs? Zero.

Pvp iz seriouz businezzz...

Surge is used to maximize crit damage on all kinds of damage, be it direct, AoE, or DoTs. It also affected crits on heals and HoTs. If a Sorc wasn't stacking Surge, they must not have been very good to begin with. The nerf affects everyone equally. Edited by Calimwulf

I know exactly what you are saying. Marauders will hurt the most. Marauder dps is already not that good but if you stack a lot of crit/surge then you start to become comparable with other classes. Take that away and we are back to being bottom feeders. BW does it again.

BS. Unless what I saw last night was a hack. Dude managed 350K+ dmg in Huttball in the "under level 50" league matches. Totally absurd.

So... At what point do we consider the idea that the community perception is wrong, given the fact that the people who have access to actual hard data on what's happening in the game at large apparently don't see a problem in need of correcting?

Oh, wait, that would get in the way of a good ***** session. Pretend I didn't say anything.

I know exactly what you are saying. Marauders will hurt the most. Marauder dps is already not that good but if you stack a lot of crit/surge then you start to become comparable with other classes. Take that away and we are back to being bottom feeders. BW does it again.

It's called being good at playing a Marauder/Sentinel. They're not weaker, but they do require more skill.

So... At what point do we consider the idea that the community perception is wrong, given the fact that the people who have access to actual hard data on what's happening in the game at large apparently don't see a problem in need of correcting?

Oh, wait, that would get in the way of a good ***** session. Pretend I didn't say anything.

Using your "logic", then the operative nerf, for example, shouldn't have happened. After all, they had "hard data" on ops for months/years now. Oh, and I guess no other nerfs or buffs will be forthcoming, since BW, with their hard data, already fixed everything. Whew, that is a relief!

Using punctuation and complete sentences would help you immensely.

Also. Caps. Why? Are you yelling at bioware?

Honestly the only issue I see with Sorcs are the extreme benefits of hybrid builds over pure builds (I DO NOT want hybrids to die but sorcs benefit too much by hybrids) and possible shield being slightly too strong.

The first thing though is a hard look at hybrid builds for sorc/sage and the associated bugs in their favour.

Using your "logic", then the operative nerf, for example, shouldn't have happened. After all, they had "hard data" on ops for months/years now. Oh, and I guess no other nerfs or buffs will be forthcoming, since BW, with their hard data, already fixed everything. Whew, that is a relief!

... Yes, because they can fix it before the information is generated. *facepalm*

In any case, as you don't appear to realize it - this game is balanced on a metrics-based approach, not a whining-based approach. The Operative nerf happened, for example, due to them seeing numbers outside whatever range the numbers were supposed to be in. Then people used it as a crutch, got it into their head its the only way Operatives can work, and instead of actually trying to find some other way to work the class they just whined. Doesn't make them right.

Perception is generally quite different from reality.

I'm not privy to Bioware's internal processes, but I think a more accurate representation would be:

- Bioware gathers their own data on classes and combat, completely ignoring forum whiners.

- Bioware puts nerfs/buffs on a schedule for testing and implementation based on their own research.

- Forum whiners whine about classes being over/underpowered, demanding changes and thinking Bioware is listening to them.

- Bioware releases buffs/nerfs after testing.

- If these changes do not line up with the forum whiners' complaints, they rage and rage, assuming that Bioware has read their thread (or is even aware of their existence), and chose to ignore it because Bioware has something against them and they are the victim.

- If these changes do line up with the forum whiners' complaints, they have the illusion that the change was made because of their thread, and that they are a hero. They are encouraged to do more whining.

... Yes, because they can fix it before the information is generated. *facepalm*

In any case, as you don't appear to realize it - this game is balanced on a metrics-based approach, not a whining-based approach. The Operative nerf happened, for example, due to them seeing numbers outside whatever range the numbers were supposed to be in. Then people used it as a crutch, got it into their head its the only way Operatives can work, and instead of actually trying to find some other way to work the class they just whined. Doesn't make them right.

Perception is generally quite different from reality.

I cant' take anyone seriously who actually says "Facepalm".

Your "metrics based approach" would hold more water if the game wasn't beta tested for months/years. What, BW didn't realize how much damage ops were doing until the game was released? They didn't know that biochem med packs would heal a lot at the highest levels? Is this really what you are arguing?