kolto pack, anyone actually use as a healer?

prien

Just from how much they heal for me this is what I have been able to tell

Underworld medicine- 2.0 sec cast, 25 energy, heals 2700, adds upper hand

Emergency Medpac- 1 second(universal cooldown), 0 energy, heals 1700

total cast- 3 seconds

total energy- 25

total healing- 4400

Kolto pack- 1.5 sec cast, 20 energy, heals 2200

casting twice

total cast- 3 seconds

total energy- 40

total healing- 4400

I feel like this needs a rework, possibly talented to drop the energy cost way down, cause it just isn't worth being on the bar right now as one of our main heals

Agreed. My suggestions for something unique (rather than just increasing healing or reducing cost):

1. Critical heals from Kolto Pack will increase the target's armor rating by 30% for 8 seconds.

2. Each tick of Kolto Cloud has a 25% chance to remove 1 harmful effect from the target.

also, allow Upper Hand to stack 3x!

Agreed. My suggestions for something unique (rather than just increasing healing or reducing cost):

1. Critical heals from Kolto Pack will increase the target's armor rating by 30% for 8 seconds.

2. Each tick of Kolto Cloud has a 25% chance to remove 1 harmful effect from the target.

also, allow Upper Hand to stack 3x!

Guys, Kolto Pack =/= Kolto Cloud.

I use Kolto Pack a lot for fakecasting in PvP.

I have two uses for it.

1. To draw interrupts to free me up to use UWM

2. High burst healing situations where long-term energy use is not at all a factor. For example, in huttball if I am above a ballcarrier and he is close to the goalline with 3-4 people on him.

Very rare though. They need to add some sort of a proc to it to make it worthwhile.

I have two uses for it.

1. To draw interrupts to free me up to use UWM

2. High burst healing situations where long-term energy use is not at all a factor. For example, in huttball if I am above a ballcarrier and he is close to the goalline with 3-4 people on him.

Very rare though. They need to add some sort of a proc to it to make it worthwhile.

Why not use the upper hand stack to cast an instant emergency medpac for a REAL heal though instead? One that cannot be interrupted anyhow.

It becomes useless if you have emergency med pack as far as I'm concerned. I don't pve that much though, maybe theirs scenarios where it's applicable.

Why not use the upper hand stack to cast an instant emergency medpac for a REAL heal though instead? One that cannot be interrupted anyhow.

It becomes useless if you have emergency med pack as far as I'm concerned. I don't pve that much though, maybe theirs scenarios where it's applicable.

I only use it in PvP. You don't seem to understand what I was getting at. I don't know which part your comment was in reference to, so I will assume both.

1. I use UWM medicine a lot in PvP. It heals for 3 times what EMP does. So if I want to get an UWM off and have the time to do so, I will try to draw an interrupt with Kolto Pack and then cast UWM. EMP is very useful, but is also not strong enough to be relied upon soley. You have to use UWM too.

2. As for burst healing, the reason I will use it in place of EMP is because EMP triggers Global Cool Down and heals for less than Kolto Pack. The total healing throughput in, say 15 seconds, while using Kolto Pack over EMP is considerable, especially because of alacrity (even though we all hate that stat). In 15 seconds we will get off at least one extra Kolo Pack over the number of EMPs we could cast because the cast time is faster than the GCD, not to mention the extra 500-800 base healing points per cast.

I never use it, main things I use: slow release med, emergency medpac, triage (for debuffs and quick heal) uwm and occasionally cloud.

I will use kolto pack to fool the enemy team in pvp though, pretty much all I use it for.

Edited by Kagato_Muyo

Very seldom.

It IS our highest HPS throughput rotation though, UWM-KP-UWM-KP.

But it will cripple your resources very fast. The 4pc bonus adds 15% to the crit rating on it, giving me 60% crit on KP so I do *occasionally* use it when I need massive healing on a tank for some reason. (Frenzy on Bonecrusher for example) Its very seldom used though.

Its kinda meh as a spell and I do agree that it needs *something* added due to the energy + UH cost of the ability.

That being said, you should'ent remove it from your bar .. its a very situational ability, but there ARE situations you should use it.

This is a stupid time to cast it. UWM and KP have the same cast time, but KP heals for less, so you are actually reducing your "high-burst" healing.

This is a stupid time to cast it. UWM and KP have the same cast time, but KP heals for less, so you are actually reducing your "high-burst" healing.

UWM base cast time = 2.5s, 2.0s with Talents (Exploratory Surgery)

KP Base cast time = 1.5s

4 Piece set = +15% to crit on KP casts.

Your wrong dude, UWM-KP-UWM-KP .. Is without a doubt our highest throughput healing.

Its not good at all for energy management, but it will result in the biggest healing. You really need to read your ability / talents tooltips.

Kolto pack is only useful if you aren't heal specced and have 2 points in exploratory surgery. I find it to be very useful as a pvp scrapper.

This. It's a very good quick 1-2 heal to save an ally at the last minute or keep yourself alive through dots.