Stunlock has to go.

Xandarous

Nobody should ever be stunned for more than 6 full seconds. Your resolve system is terrible. There needs to be diminishing returns and you need to reduce all 4 second STUNS to 3 seconds. 3 seconds->2 seconds->1 seconds->immune.

Either that or reduce the cooldown the CC clearing ability to 1 minute.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody should ever be stunned for more than 6 full seconds. Your resolve system is terrible. There needs to be diminishing returns and you need to reduce all 4 second STUNS to 3 seconds. 3 seconds->2 seconds->1 seconds->immune.

Either that or reduce the cooldown the CC clearing ability to 1 minute.

I consider myself one of the few people that play this game who actually know how the resolve system works and use it. Stun lock isn't an issue for those of us that fully understand it, to help you I simply point to the sticky at the top of this forum explaining in detail how it all works.

I consider myself one of the few people that play this game who actually know how the resolve system works and use it. Stun lock isn't an issue for those of us that fully understand it, to help you I simply point to the sticky at the top of this forum explaining in detail how it all works.

How does knowing that it takes two stuns to fill the resolve bar solve the problem that once every two minutes, you can break the second stun and the rest of the time, you are dead before the second stun wears off? How does knowing how the resolve system works fix the fact that a root/snare = a stun for melee players, yet the Resolve system lets them happen until someone is dead?

Roots need to give more resolve. The resolve timer needs to not start dropping resolve until AFTER cc wears off. The system is FAR from perfect, and needs tweaks.

Edited by OldManRelic

How does knowing that it takes two stuns to fill the resolve bar solve the problem that once every two minutes, you can break the second stun and the rest of the time, you are dead before the second stun wears off? How does knowing how the resolve system works fix the fact that a root/snare = a stun for melee players, yet the Resolve system lets them happen until someone is dead?

Roots need to give more resolve. The resolve timer needs to not start dropping resolve until AFTER cc wears off. The system is FAR from perfect, and needs tweaks.

I never said the system was perfect, but it works sufficiently enough that being "stun locked" shouldn't happen to the degree people complain it is. The fact is that people use their CC break the second they get hit with any snare or stun, and not after the resolve bar is filled. People also fail to use their own slows and stuns against the attacker(s) to create a gab between them. People also seem to refuse to use PvP med packs to their advantage.

So no, the system isn't perfect, nothing is. But people are not using the current system, which is effective, to any degree of usefulness.

EDIT: The other issue is having crap team mates that don't heal you and help CC the attackers. It doesn't matter what system is in place, if it is you versus 5 or 6 or 7 you aren't going to win! EVER!

Edited by PostalTwinkie

I love how you assume someone does not know how something works just because they complain about it.

I know how resolve works. I know the amount of resolve most abilities give. The system is bad. Making one reliant on a 2 minute cooldown is a terrible mechanic and diminishing returns NEED to be put in. Melee can be fun, but what is not fun is how much melee get stunned and rooted all day long.

I love how you assume someone does not know how something works just because they complain about it.

I know how resolve works. I know the amount of resolve most abilities give. The system is bad. Making one reliant on a 2 minute cooldown is a terrible mechanic and diminishing returns NEED to be put in. Melee can be fun, but what is not fun is how much melee get stunned and rooted all day long.

As a Powertech, it is already easy enough for me to get my team a point when carrying the ball. Against a bad team, I can solo carry the ball from the center to the enemy goal when up to 5 people are trying to stop me. Against a good team, I can do the same if I have one good sorcerer/healer helping me.

If any change were made to the Resolve system that resulted in making it harder to keep someone stunned/rooted Huttball would be a joke.

One issue that gets confused along with stuns is that immobilizations and slows do not effect resolve and can be used at anytime

I do get chain stunned to death but not that often - I am however unable to move for unacceptable amounts of time especially for a melee

As a Powertech, it is already easy enough for me to get my team a point when carrying the ball. Against a bad team, I can solo carry the ball from the center to the enemy goal when up to 5 people are trying to stop me. Against a good team, I can do the same if I have one good sorcerer/healer helping me.

If any change were made to the Resolve system that resulted in making it harder to keep someone stunned/rooted Huttball would be a joke.

Sounds like powertechs need a nerf.

Doesnt matter how much you defend it. Most players hate how bad the resolve syatem is. Thats enough evidence that the system is garbage. Oh and btw it's broken, but i guess your one of the few who fails to understand this.I guess you have never played in a wz because if you did you would know the system is utter garbage and belongs in the garbage can were garbage belongs.

the resolve system does suck. it makes absolutely no sense with regards to what forms of CC actually affect resolve, and how much resolve they give.

roots need to be affected by resolve. sorceror lighting stuns need to be affected by resolve (afaik they go through resolve). some form of diminishing returns needs to be added, where the duration of CC effects are reduced based on how much resolve you have

I believe one of the biggest issues is that you can be chained stunned by multiple people.

The resolve bar does not give immunity until your are un-stunned where you see the white bar going down, whilst in the stun I think you can be kept that way until the people around you run out of stuns.

I know I have be stunned for like 10 seconds before dying by multiple Sorcerers.

Needs to actually give you immunity when you get full resolve. i.e stun breaks. This may need to be reworked a bit and probably should include roots as well.

Just needs some balance with it all, total loss of character for such long periods is very frustrating not to mention on top of that the many knockbacks that occur.

Edited by Kerbs

• 2 years later...

Guys stop playing this game, all they ad is stupid **** .

they do not fix anything remotly importent and they still arent lissening to the comunity.

Played Swotr sinds launch and it is still ****.

i quit awhile ago, just checked it out again and they didnt fix anything the comunity is asking for.

WILDSTAR COMMING SOON I SUGGEST YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBS!

The system is outright fail.

It was better when overlapping stuns were more fully penalized.

I believe one of the biggest issues is that you can be chained stunned by multiple people.

The resolve bar does not give immunity until your are un-stunned where you see the white bar going down, whilst in the stun I think you can be kept that way until the people around you run out of stuns.

I know I have be stunned for like 10 seconds before dying by multiple Sorcerers.

Needs to actually give you immunity when you get full resolve. i.e stun breaks. This may need to be reworked a bit and probably should include roots as well.

Just needs some balance with it all, total loss of character for such long periods is very frustrating not to mention on top of that the many knockbacks that occur.

Here is how I would rework resolve:

1. Full resolve would not break CC's, but as soon as the bar is full any further crowd control has no effect.

2. Resolve does not increase with roots and snares but is affected by them.

3. If you die with full resolve, resolve will not begin to decay until 15 seconds after respawn or until you enter combat, whatever is first.

4. Overlapping crowd control would give the same amount of resolve as non-overlapping crowd control (uncoordinated CC spammers need to have consequences to poor usage).

I think those four measures would go a long way towards improving the "fun factor" in SWTOR PvP and improve the overall experience.

Edited by Vodrin

Roots need to at least DR

Overlapping CC like 'tards needs to be penalized

Too much CC isn't a good thing for the game, making people time and use their CC wisely with each other to land kills is a good thing.

Fix these issues or people will walk away from the game, it's that simple. It happened with WoW, they are revamping the game and removing a lot of CC and I am seeing a lot of people excited to come back to WoW for the new expansion. There are a lot of people who play these games just for the PvP, if you fix it (tweaks, not huge changes), people will play the game...

Edited by GravitySabre

For one, talent based roots shouldnt effect resolve or be effected by it. It would be even more impossible to get off a full ravage if they did.

I think the solution is really two fold:

1. Add an additional resolve bar. When viewing a player instead of 1 bar taking up the length of their health box, it will be 2 side by side (like the current one was cut in half). One resolve bar will be for hard stuns and knockbacks/pulls. The other bar will be for mez, snares, and etc.

The resolve bar for Stuns, knockbacks, and pulls will each fill the bar instantly, and the white bar effect will last a shorter time then current ( as in a single stun will cause you to whitebar). The second resolve bar for Mezes, Snares, and etc; 2 mez will fill the bar on application, and 5 snares will fill it on application, and the white bar effect will last longer then current. Each bar only protects from it's designated CC effects when "white-barred"

2. If someone gets double white barred, they receive a buff reducing damage taken and increased damage dealt by 10% until one of the bars is reset.

Edited by scylence

they do not fix anything remotly importent and they still arent lissening to the comunity.

i quit awhile ago, just checked it out again and they didnt fix anything the comunity is asking for.

Troll necro-post, nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Master-Nala

D*mn you and your necro. Die in a fire.

10 seconds of stun really only gets you 10 seconds of immunity. Immunity should be more like 3:1 instead of 1:1.

10 seconds of stun should get you at least 30 seconds of immunity.

Snares and roots should add 100 resolve per second just like stuns.

Your cc breaker should grant a certain amount of immunity i.e. push your resolve bar white.

Or just implement diminishing returns like every mmo and be done with it.

Nice necro moron

Whoah...

the resolve system does suck. it makes absolutely no sense with regards to what forms of CC actually affect resolve, and how much resolve they give.

roots need to be affected by resolve. sorceror lighting stuns need to be affected by resolve (afaik they go through resolve). some form of diminishing returns needs to be added, where the duration of CC effects are reduced based on how much resolve you have

:rak_01:

Nice necro moron

:eek: So that's where the "reborn" comes from. You get banninated or something?

This post was great for a laugh.

Whoah...

:rak_01:

:eek: So that's where the "reborn" comes from. You get banninated or something?

Yes, perma'd by Joveth Gonzalez for making a thread titled "Bads are ruining Reg Warzones" and then listing the reasons why. It was a parody of the "Premades are ruining Regs" thread that went on and on and on and on, but apparently mine was too mean.