Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

EA/Bioware. This simple gesture has helped restore a lot of the lost faith I had on the service that is provided. It is awesome to know that you do pay attention to the fan-base and were able to come up with a reasonable conclusion.

I just wanted to take the time to say "Thank you" :)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew we couldn't get more than a few pages before the complaining started.

If you're not receiving your copy in time, blame the company you bought it from.

I bought a boxed version through Amazon who will actually have it at my door before the 19th and it was 99 cents for shipping.

Question: I pre-ordered the collector's edition on amazon, when I put my pre-order code in the game website it added the game to my Oregin account. So if I go to the "my games" section in the Oregin application and click on the game information it has a product code listed. Is that the same code I need to play the game on release date?

To EA and Bioware, though this does not affect me personally, since I digitally bought my copy, this is wonderful news to others who haven't. I'd like to say thank you for both being outstanding companies in an industry that usually puts business protocol before their customers. Thank you! :D

Theres another thing that worries me. Theres information in my account that says "You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play". Does it mean that in order to play from 22th I have to buy additional prepaid card right away and insert the code? Or can I buy it in January and enjoy the first 30 days without worring about additional payments?

@SWTOR 1m

Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

There is still one more wave to come today. We will notify you when it is sent out.

i just got my early access email and i pre-ordered on dec 2. So at the least everyone from nov should be in

Of course they listen.

Watch the haters post about their next hysterical delusion. We should have a betting pool on what makes them go nuts next (I'm gonna go with the grace period not lasting a month).

That said, thank you Bioware for ensuring people get their boxes ASAP AND adding a grace period.

Itkovian

You clearly lack the mental fortitude to understand why people were upset.

The majority of the people upset or frustrated about not getting into the ega yet (myself incl) was not the fact others got in before me, it was because people who made a 5 dollar deposit which does not lock them into buying the game come Tuesday in anyway, and shows no real commitment of buying the game were getting in before the people who payed outright for the game from the start.

I think my 90+ dollars is worth more then and shows a greater commitment to the game then a 5 dollar deposit. Then you have all these guys who only dropped 5 bucks on the forums flaming saying QQ, no one is a paying customer yet, stop being a bunch of babys

To that I have to say those people are wrong. If you were one of the people who walked into the store and tossed 5 dollars of pocket change on the counter like a hobo, then yes you are correct your not a paying customer.

But those people who paid out right in full for their pre-order, they ARE paying customers.

So do I feel that by paying 90+ upfront for the game should entitle me to get in before the 5 dollar hobo's, then yes I do, when you pre-ordered should be irrelevant because unlike you 5 dollar hobo's i am a paying customer.

Thank you.

This issue was dealt with a bit backwards and my game isn't due to arrive till well after the 22nd but I personally appreciate the 2 extra days I get as a sort of compensation.

Very glad I commited to TOR with a CE.

To the future! May the force be with us all!