"I'll try spinning, THAT's a cool trick!"

Gantoris_Aym

Everything- absolutely everything that comes out of young Anakin Skywalker's face. Yes, he's nine, but he's also the Chosen One. He built C-3PO, is a slave and a podracer- so shouldn't this kid be a bit, oh, I dunno, smarter? Sure, kids say nutty stuff in reality, but this is a movie, and dialogue, even delivered by a child, should be superb.

Jar Jar Binks. That is all.

Anakin: "You're so beautiful."

Padme: "It's only because I'm in love."

Anakin: "No, it's because I'm so in love with you."

Padme: "So love has blinded you?"

Me: "What the hell?"

Hayden Christensen was just...just awful, acting-wise. And it's a terrible shame that such superlative actors such as Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmad, Samuel L Jackson, Frank Oz, Leim Neison, Natile Portman, and many, MANY others were given such crappy dialogue. I mean, think of how...incredibly improved these movies could be in the hands of someone who might actually write them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sith lords are our speciality."

Obviously they don't remember their last fight with a Sith lord...the same Sith lord...

Anakin lost an arm and Obi-Wan got whooped and Yoda saved them.

Exactly.

Not to mention Obi-Wan is made a joke in every duel after Darth Maul, and barely redeemed himself against Anakin.

"Sith lords are our speciality."

Obviously they don't remember their last fight with a Sith lord...the same Sith lord...

Anakin lost an arm and Obi-Wan got whooped and Yoda saved them.

They are however the only people to fight sith at all in at least 1000 years, apart from yoda of course.

Get him to watch Stand By Me.

A film with 4 kids and hailed as an absolute classic ... also my wifes favourite film.

On Topic.....

"My power has doubled since last time we met".

Said Anakin to Dooku after checking his Force'o'meter.

I honestly remember watching that scene and expecting someone to yell "What?! 9000?!"

Anakin: "You're so beautiful."

Padme: "It's only because I'm in love."

Anakin: "No, it's because I'm so in love with you."

Padme: "So love has blinded you?"

Me: "What the hell?"

If it was intentional then I think they hit the point. Anakin is inexperienced... and doesn't have any empathy. :p

there are ways you can do it with out having it be so obvious. The easy way to do it is always have your main characters in cover and then have a bunch of "red shirts" close to them that get killed instead.

Or just have your heroes get shot every now and then but don't kill them.

Luke takes one in the hand (RotJ). Leia (ANH) gets stunned and then later takes one in the arm (RotJ). C3-P0 and R2-D2 -- while not combatants, but most certainly "hero" characters -- get shot, disassembled, slapped, kicked, prodded, knocked over several times.

Barring Force User related injuries/kills (Obi-Wan, Anakin/Vader, Qui-Gon, etc.), I think the only "hero" character who is in all three of the Original Trilogy films who never "gets shot" is Chewie. Says something about Wookiees.

The ridiculous line in Episode 2 where Anakin is talking to Padme at the house on Naboo:

"I don't like sand. It's rough, its coarse and it gets everywhere. Not like you, your everything soft and smooth."

Seriously?? That's your plan to woo someone?

Well it worked so they must be seriously easy chicks on Naboo.:D

SW:ANH

INTERIOR: IMPERIAL STARDESTROYER.

On the main viewscreen, the lifepod carrying the two terrified

robots speeds away from the stricken Rebel spacecraft.

CHIEF PILOT: There goes another one.

CAPTAIN: Hold your fire. There are no life forms. It must have been

short-circuited.

FOOLS! Destroy everything!

Am I the only one that really liked Hayden Christensen in the Prequels?
Of course not. People who like or don't mind things that the majority vehemently despises don't usually bother speaking up, especially on a Star Wars forum, because there will always be at least one person waiting to make them feel stupid for their opinion.

Personally I can't say I really liked his performance either, but I don't mind it. People get stuck on their initial reactions to things. I hated the Clone Wars at first for instance, but I made an effort to change my attitude, think about it from a different angle and now I like it. People just enjoy reveling in their hatred of Hayden, and the prequels in general. Why make an effort to change something you enjoy?

Qui Gon's speech about midichlorians to Anakin.

How did it take so long for someone to mention this? And still nobody has posted the whole quote.

Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you.

The Force. Ruined. Forever. With a single paragraph.

Whoever told Lucas about mitochondria should burn in the lower depths.

Edited by wavyhill

I think the only "hero" character who is in all three of the Original Trilogy films who never "gets shot" is Chewie. Says something about Wookiees.

Sorry wrong:

Chewie takes a shot in RotJ during the Sarlacc pit fight. Looks like its in the knee. I'm not kidding. He's holding his knee. Han evens says "Chewie you're okay?"... it was an indirect from a deck gun tho so it must smart.

How did it take so long for someone to mention this? And still nobody has posted the whole quote.

The Force. Ruined. Forever. With a single paragraph.

Whoever told Lucas about mitochondria should burn in the lower depths.

Knock Cassius on out of Satan's mouth, this guy goes head first in his stead. <_<

This thread has made my morning. xD

I would say anyhing that anakin said. He just sounded like a whiney brat; even his defeat scene "I hate you!' sounded like a suburban emo kid yelling at his step dad when he wouldn't let him drive the car. -.-

Edited by Amaste

The worse is the Viceroy....a man of suppose power and his awful reactions and lines.

"My lord! Is that... legal?"

"This is getting out of hand! Now, there are *two* of them!"

"She can't do that! Shoot her or something!"

I forget the exact wording when he mistakes the false Queen Amidala for the real one in Phantom.

"Fools, that the real queen" Oh really genius....

"The war is over. Lord Sidious promised us peace. We only want..."

[Anakin strikes him down with his lightsabre]

Thank you newly minted Sith for putting this noob out of my misery.