whats with the laughing?

dahabs

recently ive noticed that the imps laugh alot.normally its when im in a wz and they have the advantage 8-6or whatever.

is this some type of emote?if it is i consider it a taunt.my being unable to send a tell to someone laughing at me is annoying.

that brings me to the reason of this post.how are they doing it?is it an emote?

does the republic have the same type of thing?if so whats it called,cuz i want to laugh back at them when we win undermanned or we outplay them or whatever.

recently ive noticed that the imps laugh alot.normally its when im in a wz and they have the advantage 8-6or whatever.

is this some type of emote?if it is i consider it a taunt.my being unable to send a tell to someone laughing at me is annoying.

does the republic have the same type of thing?if so whats it called,cuz i want to laugh back at them when we win undermanned or we outplay them or whatever.

Operatives laugh when one of their talents proc (Tactical Advantage, I believe). It's a bug.

I think it does a little laugh every time you get a stack of tactical advantage. It's nothing the players can control.

tactical advantage?

Yup when proc'd by ME or MM from healing tree.

Us operative healers are a happy bunch!

For me it usually means more Laceration auto-spam to chop suey poor Jedi thinking they are going to "melee down a healer" ... then get obliterated by 2-3k+ vibro-blade spam.

Edited by Tamanous

No it's not every stack of TA. That would be a hell of a lot laughing. We Operatives are not laughing all the time, are we? Powertechs are... :D

But we normally laugh, wenn we get a stack of TA back after using Laceration on a poisoned target (50% chance).

In regards as to why you hear more laughing recently look to the 1.1.1 patch notes...

" Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active. (Used to be 50%)

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds. (Used to be 3 seconds)

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP. (Used to be awesome)"

I respeced heals along with many many other ops and scoundrels.

It is also an emote all you have to do is type /laugh <playername> and you laugh at that person. So when the other side starts laughing at players on ourside I usually do /clap <name> or something. It is isn't just ops that do it...

Operatives laugh when one of their talents proc (Tactical Advantage, I believe). It's a bug.

oic cool,if they cant control it.i guess i can live with it.

but i was pretty annoyed when i thought they were doing it on purpose lol.

Ya.. as others have said its an audio indicator for the person playing the class that they have triggered something. Troopers/BH laugh when they proc a rail shot and not sure but maybe a stock/rocket punch? Agents and scoundrels laugh when they trigger tactical advantage/upper hand. Its honestly just an auditory cue for the person playing the class, and to a lesser extent the person they are fighting so they know whats going on too. Honestly they might as well just make it for the player only but meh not a big deal, just realize its the game not the player.