Once you hit 50...

justregularjoe

theres not much to do :-(

Lets get real ok:

The operations are laughable;

Tons of guilds are 10/10 NMM already (the game has been out not even two months...)

You can get raid gear by doing Hard modes

You completely skip tier 1 (tionese) gear

The bosses are tuned very loosely, allowing for huge mistakes and little to no strategy

PvP is like a bad dream;

First off there is massive imbalances in classes, and I'll use just a few examples (My main is a 50 sorc for context)

Sorc/Sage is clearly OP. I find the worst is the 10 second reduction on Force speed in lightning tree should just be removed from the game completely, 30 seconds is already too low of a cooldown.

Merc/Trooper vs Sniper/Gunslinger

Don't even get me started here, Mercs can heal, do massive AoE damage(untalented), wear heavy armor, and don't have to use the Cover mechanic. On my sniper, I beat mercs 1v1, but the game is not balanced around 1v1. It is insane how strong mercs are.

So basically you have ops that you can clear in a week or two, and PvP which has no end goal, and Valor is only a ranking of experience, not skill. More WZs = more valor. You don't even have to win !

Some would say, "well you play for the fun " Great - ops are fun. But they take 4-6 hours to do and you are done. "But PvP is still fun " for what ? To que the same three wzs over and over ? If I want competitive, balanced PvP, I'll play WoW or GW or even AION for that matter.

I like the game and it has potential, but I think how fast you are geared at 50 is seriously flawed. It should take a lot longer, and the ops are immensely too easy. We went in there and one shotted everything but SoA our FIRST TIME in there - that is just not right ! We should be getting killed by the bosses until we develop good strategies and execute it, not brute forcing through it. And the PvP just needs a complete revamp from the ground up.

Not the mention the game engine, but that is an entire other topic.

/rant off Whatever I'm not mad or anything I just wish there was more to do. World bosses drop complete crap except Belsavis boss - why even have them in the game ?

Can't raid enemy bases - invincible turrets and champion guards.

Space missions are boring...open space would be incredible

Really? How would open space be incredible?

It's just a lot of... empty space.

Open space man, space battles. Ever Play Earth and Beyond ???

The way the space is built the engine is really already there.

But, I'm glad you could only take one thing I said and question it.

it's not even 2 months old. even world of warcraft was limited first 2 months stop skipping lines with spacebar and enjoy the great storyline. if people stop racing to 50 maybe they still be busy and allow content to come out yeesh. people expect have load content like WoW which took 7 something years of updates and expansions folks

what that guy said don't play if you want a gear grind world of gear craft is still out there maybe you should go back to trolling the trade chat and spending 6 months to get a badged to get a piece of gear to show you have skill o but wait grinding for months on end does not show skill only that you have time to play i don't know maybe i'm all messed up but any way shut up and go troll somewhere else maybe trade chat :cool: Edited by darthtrollacus

I got a big announcement text on the screen:

Game Over.

I have 10 days to go on my included time and no incentive to log on.

PvP is horrible for a fresh lvl50.

PvP is horrible for everyone because of the lag, stuttering, crashing, imbalance.

PvE was a mean to get to lvl50 for me, sorry. Didn't get suck into the game.

Is KOTOR 4 on the way already?

it's not even 2 months old. even world of warcraft was limited first 2 months stop skipping lines with spacebar and enjoy the great storyline. if people stop racing to 50 maybe they still be busy and allow content to come out yeesh. people expect have load content like WoW which took 7 something years of updates and expansions folks

don't you understand, that it is quite legitimate to compare todays wow with swtor?

new games when they come out do have features swtor misses, take gw2 for instance.

bw should never have said that they studied mmos experience when they developped swtor... never! because if bw did study it - swtor will not be this mess we see, but apparently they didn't, they just said, well - as with bugs, say "fixed" but bug is still there.

theres not much to do :-(

Lets get real ok:

The operations are laughable;

Tons of guilds are 10/10 NMM already (the game has been out not even two months...)

You can get raid gear by doing Hard modes

You completely skip tier 1 (tionese) gear

The bosses are tuned very loosely, allowing for huge mistakes and little to no strategy

PvP is like a bad dream;

First off there is massive imbalances in classes, and I'll use just a few examples (My main is a 50 sorc for context)

Sorc/Sage is clearly OP. I find the worst is the 10 second reduction on Force speed in lightning tree should just be removed from the game completely, 30 seconds is already too low of a cooldown.

Merc/Trooper vs Sniper/Gunslinger

Don't even get me started here, Mercs can heal, do massive AoE damage(untalented), wear heavy armor, and don't have to use the Cover mechanic. On my sniper, I beat mercs 1v1, but the game is not balanced around 1v1. It is insane how strong mercs are.

So basically you have ops that you can clear in a week or two, and PvP which has no end goal, and Valor is only a ranking of experience, not skill. More WZs = more valor. You don't even have to win !

Some would say, "well you play for the fun " Great - ops are fun. But they take 4-6 hours to do and you are done. "But PvP is still fun " for what ? To que the same three wzs over and over ? If I want competitive, balanced PvP, I'll play WoW or GW or even AION for that matter.

I like the game and it has potential, but I think how fast you are geared at 50 is seriously flawed. It should take a lot longer, and the ops are immensely too easy. We went in there and one shotted everything but SoA our FIRST TIME in there - that is just not right ! We should be getting killed by the bosses until we develop good strategies and execute it, not brute forcing through it. And the PvP just needs a complete revamp from the ground up.

Not the mention the game engine, but that is an entire other topic.

/rant off Whatever I'm not mad or anything I just wish there was more to do. World bosses drop complete crap except Belsavis boss - why even have them in the game ?

Can't raid enemy bases - invincible turrets and champion guards.

Space missions are boring...open space would be incredible

all these things you mention are stuff you get to do once you are 50, so in your own words there are TONS of content to do. If all this content is "good", "enjoyable", "balanced" or whatever, that is a whole different thing (plus a matter of opinion).

IMO, there is more content for 50+ than there is from 1 - 50. Where do i base that? took me half a month to level to 50, and from then on, for almost a month ive been doing endgame content. Guess what, Im not valor 60, and i havent beat all the flashpoints. Hell, i still havent finished all the quests on ilum!

pve is not my cup of tee I'm more into pvp and the lack of arena hurts. WoW started in 2004 and they improved/invented many things over everquest 2 like arena. which is going to be present at start in GW2. so by now it should be standard. you are also right about pve in WoW it was an achievement to complete a raid but here it's way too userfriendly. the whole game feels like a dumbed down version. FPS issues are the last nail in the coffin. you should cancel subscription if you don't like the game. other bioware games have way better storyline it's more like an extra but not the pinnacle of an mmo.

Well if you spend all day playing the game, sure you run through everything and ask yourself "whats next?". But for those casual players who can only log on for two-three hours a couple nights a week, the game probably feels very full and like they are missing out on things.

Once I hit 50, I finish the stories on Corellia and Ilum. I forgot to do the bonus series on Belsavis, but that was done as well => unlocked the daily quests there.

Daily Quests, Hard Mode Flashpoints and the very same Operations. First 2 or 3 IDs normal mode and then hard mode. So yes... I always have something to do with my guild. Everything is fine.

Edited by Pokerface

Once I hit 50, I finish the stories on Corellia and Ilum. I forgot to do the bonus series on Belsavis, but that was done as well => unlocked the daily quests there.

Daily Quests, Hard Mode Flashpoints and the very same Operations. First 2 or 3 IDs normal mode and then hard mode. So yes... I always have something to do with my guild. Everything is fine.

Oh how my eyes burn from the lies.

don't you understand, that it is quite legitimate to compare todays wow with swtor?

new games when they come out do have features swtor misses, take gw2 for instance.

bw should never have said that they studied mmos experience when they developped swtor... never! because if bw did study it - swtor will not be this mess we see, but apparently they didn't, they just said, well - as with bugs, say "fixed" but bug is still there.

Rift had many features that other games have. Tell me why RIFT didn't take off? I like rift, its a good game. In the end the more important thing is the core gameplay experience, if you get that right you can add QOL features over time. That's what happening in swtor now.

What?Socs/Sages wear light armor and die the quickest... They should be able to DPS. And lets not get started on Socs/Sage healers are nearly useless compared to Mercs/Trooper.

But such a shame the BH ship is the ugliest piece of rubbish ever created, give BH the choice to steal the ship they want.