You already rolled Imperial and got to see the story. Now help the faction imbalance.

Xandarous

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I couldn't care less than I do about PvP. I'd be quite happy to see it wither and die. I'll play republic toons in my own time, but I'm not lifting a finger to fix ballance.

Next time try posting your PvP topic in the PvP forum where people care about your concerns.

whatta *** you added nothing to the post if you dont care so much why did you even reply

It is more than just pvp. As a republic player, how is it my fault that I have to sit and wait 2 hours to find a flashpoint group. Yes, Bioware could have made the faction more popular, but I should not have to roll an Empire toon just to get groups. If that becomes the case, then what is the point of the Republic faction, or the entire game for that matter?

Ultimately, it boils down to the players.

How could Bioware have made the faction more popular?

People want to be sith. They want to choke and lightning people. Not throw Rocks and monologue about there being no death, only the force.

its not bioware's fault no one wants to be jedi. Its the players fault. I started a jedi. They have a cool story. I like it a lot, but I just prefer the aesthetics of my Sith. It has nothing to do with Bioware and has everything to do with what the Jedi are and what the Sith are.

Even if I go full on Dark Side as a Jedi, I'm still not really darkside...Just more of a Chaotic Good Jedi.

Even if I go Light Side as a Sith, I'm not really light Side...Just more of a Lawful Evil Sith.

They did that part right...Its just a matter of what people want to play.

At lvl 50 there is very little difference in the two factions. Once you have seen the story move on and make the community a better place.

If you care about how gear looks, find some awesome looking oranges on the imperial side and just transfer them over. Fully customized items will make this a snap.

You can go dark on republic side so BAM there you go. Be ruthless over here.

Eventually animations will all be standardized and mirrors will all be true mirrors.

Get faster queue times for pvp and maybe ilum will actually be a fun place when both sides are equal.

Maybe future outdoor pvp things will be more fun.

Think about it.

I agree. It's just so hard to reroll this soon.

I just finished the agent story, now I am going to work on my trooper story, when I am done with that I will finish the sith warrior story, and so on, back and forth untill all 8 toons are done.

I don't pvp though, so not sure how much I will factor into the faction balance.

At lvl 50 there is very little difference in the two factions. Once you have seen the story move on and make the community a better place.

If you care about how gear looks, find some awesome looking oranges on the imperial side and just transfer them over. Fully customized items will make this a snap.

You can go dark on republic side so BAM there you go. Be ruthless over here.

Eventually animations will all be standardized and mirrors will all be true mirrors.

Get faster queue times for pvp and maybe ilum will actually be a fun place when both sides are equal.

Maybe future outdoor pvp things will be more fun.

Think about it.

Faction imbalance from a mechanical perspective mostly affects pvp, and from that perspective, there have been many suggestions to help it. For instance, if BW ever creates a Warzone lobby that allows you to choose options like which warzone and premade or not, then also allow players to decide of they are faction ambivalent when it comes to creating a WZ team, this would let Imps and Reps mix on the same team just to move queues faster and alleviate game starting with imbalanced teams.

Many ideas have been put forth to fix this in game without player's having to reroll a different faction. If player's WANT to change factions, then great, but this issue can't be left to the player's to fix, so I hope BW is considering the suggestions put forth on how to fix this on their side.

Nah , my main is on the empire , and heck took a long time to gather everything.

After they launch the new races , like the togruta , i will make an alt on the rep side , but you cant hope that i will gather all the stuff again.

And you cant rly compare a new lvl 50 with my main.

Edited by rzrknight

i have every intention of starting up a republic toon

2 points tho

A) i'll do it in my own time. all my friends are empire so my second toon will be empire

B) i don't play PvP, when i hit 50 i will re-roll. not PvP. so my choice will not affect your queues

also the best solution to PvP imbalance imo. is simply all WZ should be same faction can be enemys, only guildys or group members should be friendly

Evidence taken from where?

It's just a snapshot, not definitive, but here it is:

These are the numbers I found while doing my ingame player counts:

(the figures between curved brackets are the number of L50 players of that faction)

Dune Bantha: 540 Republic (23), 520 Empire (28), a 1.04 to 1 ratio

Red Eclipse: 1560 Republic (445), 1550 Empire (428), a 1 to 1 ratio

Trask Ulgo: 1160 Republic (174), 1120 Empire (177), a 1.04 to 1 ratio

Ula Vii: 280 Republic (24), 540 Empire (73), a 1 to 1.9 ratio

Grandmaster Zym: 840 Republic (196), 1080 Empire (297), a 1 to 1.3 ratio

Lord Calypho: 1060 Republic (202), 1500 Empire (381), a 1 to 1.4 ratio

Freedom Nadd: 1570 Republic (572), 2160 Empire (819), a 1 to 1.4 ratio

Saber of Exar Kun: 270 Republic (49), 580 Empire (113), a 1 to 2.1 ratio

Ebon Hawk: 540 Republic (42), 460 Empire (39), a 1.2 to 1 ratio

Iron CItadel: 850 Republic (268), 1530 Empire (505), a 1 to 1.8 ratio

The Courageous: 440 Republic (8), 320 Empire (23), a 1.4 to 1 ratio

Fort Garnik: 290 Republic (3), 270 Empire (8), a 1.1 to 1 ratio

Krath: 730 Republic (52), 830 Empire (82), a 1 to 1.2 ratio

Crevasse CIty: 300 Republic (9), 260 Empire (13), a 1.2 to 1 ratio

The Progenitor: 1240 Republic (174), 1460 Empire (261), a 1 to 1.2 ratio

Ok, people, I get that these are merely 10-20 random servers and that there may be more extreme situations, and that on average the Empire players may be more eager and active for PvP and on some occasions may level a bit faster.

But come on: if these 10-20 servers together already don't show that disastrous and extreme a gap with a vastly outnumbered Republic faction, then when it comes to overall population I doubt the overall picture will show as extreme a faction imbalance as some people are making of it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=267038

Edited by daemian

I think on Jung Ma they are already doing this.

Ilum Open pvp warzone - Full raid group steamrolling a group of about 10-15 Republics until they finish the daily. 90% of the group quits and suddenly there is a mass influx of Republics steamrolling for the daily.

I have a level 50 sith inquisitor. I tried a republic trooper and jedi knight the story simply bored me to tears I then tried the smuggler that was boring as well. So i deleted my jedi knight, trooper and smuggler and went back the empire. Then I made a sith warrior as an alt the story is dam awesome I am watched my bro play his dark side IA the story is dam awesome I may make one in the future. Well my opinion comes down to the fact I love the sith and dark side more and even if I tried to do a dark side republic character. The overall feel of the republic stories feel too "nice" and after playing all the other star wars games out there I am sick of the republic and the jedi.

Well I am going back to my sith inquisitor and I am going to show the republic the power of the dark side. :csw_redsaber:

Edited by lokdron

Just got BM on one char on Empire, I am NOT going to do that ever again; that was one terrible grind, I must say. Now it gets worse trying to replace all my cent gear since champ bags only gave me cent tokens; I expect BM bags to be the same. Also, starting out with no PvP gear as a fresh 50 now down right sucks.

But I digress, making a pub toon and casually leveling it up...so others can farm it for the Ilum daily/weekly. For the Republicans! :D

Edited by fixit

I enjoy playing characters on both sides, but I have one server for my Imps and one for my Reps.

I guess the degrees of separation between differences are all relative to each person's perception, but saying "there is no difference" is not accurate for me.

In games past, a huge imbalance did not prevent me from having a lot of fun - my favorite MMO days are full of times where we (the vastly outnumbered) faction(s) did much better then the other.

In fact, the whole being outnumbered was a positive for us - It was much easier to make a name for our guild, a name for our Raids, and a name among our enemies in PvP.

I guess "match" types of PvP change the dynamic - but I really do not see the negatives that some see with imbalances.

Several guilds on my server have already re-rolled to Republic (including me). :]

Unfortunately, there are still only 100 people on the Repub fleet and about 200+ on the Imperial Fleet. Fortunately, the guilds that re-rolled to Republic have very good players, so now we have quality instead of quantity. We win most of our Warzones.

Anyways, my Jedi Sage is "dark side" and I killed tons of people after Chapter 1. Jedi Master's would tell me to go save this Jedi from the "darkness" and I'd go around slaughtering them instead (I was "saving" them, I swear! /evilgrin). The story is pretty neat. I think the idea of being bad on the good side is more intricate than being bad on the bad side. OooOoOoh an evil Sith! Who would've guessed it!