NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

Can't predict the numbers. Some of those numbers currently are people that signed up for 3 or 6months worth of gametime, didnt like the game and left, but still have time to run out. I personally think the 3 month and the 6 month mark will be big drops subscription wise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that about 100k will drop their subs per month. Ppl are already finishing their story modes and clicking unsub. This game isnt going anywhere if they dont fix endgame boredom. You can see these effects already, outside primetime its been an ordeal not to feel that you're playing a single player game. My server which used to be among the top5 populated ones, now rarely reaches heavy under primetime.

Ok then lets have a laugh.... It's 10:50am in the UK on a cold frosty Saturday morning and 11:50am around Europe and so on....this is quite a peak gaming time, most people off work/school. I know 3 weeks ago at this time the servers were full/heavy and I would sometimes have a queue.

Go see the server population...I just checked, not ONE heavy population server in all of Europe.

Yeah it's really booming.

That's a first. Because just 4 days ago I went to the EU servers and was shocked to see dang near everyone of them Heavy. It's amazing, but I think the EU players are gaga over this game.

Ok then lets have a laugh.... It's 10:50am in the UK on a cold frosty Saturday morning and 11:50am around Europe and so on....this is quite a peak gaming time, most people off work/school. I know 3 weeks ago at this time the servers were full/heavy and I would sometimes have a queue.

Go see the server population...I just checked, not ONE heavy population server in all of Europe.

Yeah it's really booming.

You do know that all Dutch people were skating outside? I usually do groceries round that time anyway, but take a look at the EU servers statuses now. Noon saturday is not really a peak time.

That's a first. Because just 4 days ago I went to the EU servers and was shocked to see dang near everyone of them Heavy. It's amazing, but I think the EU players are gaga over this game.

well if they are on about today and the eu servers i wouldnt be shocked that the servers are quiet. The six nations started today.

Edited by Shingara

after 27.3.2012 around 1million max

after 27.12.2012 around 400k

will go down like rift except it has star wars in its name which produces a larger number of players

I will bet any amount of money there are more than 400k subs by 12/27.

I predict that about 100k will drop their subs per month. Ppl are already finishing their story modes and clicking unsub. This game isnt going anywhere if they dont fix endgame boredom. You can see these effects already, outside primetime its been an ordeal not to feel that you're playing a single player game. My server which used to be among the top5 populated ones, now rarely reaches heavy under primetime.

They doubled server capacity.

Well I just looked at the servers now at 921 and the US servers are mainly standard and the EU are all standard with a fare few as full, to me that looks pretty good.

Are we looking at the same game? Checking this page: http://www.swtor.com/server-status and there is 0 servers set as full. 1 EU server is very heavy, rest is heavy or less.

Even logged in and checked the server list ingame in case it wasn't same as on that site, but it was same.

Okay, imagine there are daily subs reports (I strongly doubt that there is such a thing-weekly would be far enough) : that STILL means that the info have to be sent to HQ and converted into data.

When GM or Ford make reports about their sales, they have access to fairly accurate sale data from their dealers. This don't mean they use the data complied the very day they make the report.

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

Most importantly GW2 will look like it was made in 2012 not like SWTOR which advertises as a 2011 and looks in reality like 200t game on highest settings.

Okay, imagine there are daily subs reports (I strongly doubt that there is such a thing-weekly would be far enough) : that STILL means that the info have to be sent to HQ and converted into data.

When GM or Ford make reports about their sales, they have access to fairly accurate sale data from their dealers. This don't mean they use the data complied the very day they make the report.

GM or Ford would have to compile data from hundreds of dealers around the country, continent, or globally. Bioware can probably have 1 DBA run a prepared report.

I used to have to prepare daily reports for management on our company's sales and leads. The more important the driver for the business and the more volatile it can be (meaning big changes in weeks or months, not over years), the more likely they are going to demand reports very quickly.

1.7 million active subs means little, peeps bought the game and tried it...had to activate. But, where are they now? Seriously, where are there almost 2 million players in this game?. I don't see it, not by a longshot even on the busiest of servers there isn't even close to an average that would bring up almost 2 million players across all servers, not even close. And most servers players are lucky to actually physically see another player cross there path during a session. Proof is in the results not propaganda.

This game is sexy. The engine runs like crap on Ilum, but the graphics are impressive for an MMO. For everyone saying GW2 looks like it's "made in 2012," I actually remarked to myself about how sharp, clear, and smooth SWTOR's graphics were the first time I ran through Coruscant. The low resolution textures leave much to be desired, but the overall graphics engine is capable of some pretty stellar scenes. I'm sorry if your computer can't handle SWTOR, but I'm glad you can still enjoy the cherry picked screenshots found on GW2's website. And with that said, I will very likely try out GW2 myself.

As for the original intent of this thread, I see some people leaving the game, but at least an equal number joining it. Many people didn't want to join right away since they expected bugs (unlike the players who felt that game should have been flawless upon release), but they're still looking forward to playing the game after a few months have passed.

And there's nothing to do at level 50? We're raiding three nights a week, and I still have plenty of PvP and dailies to do (I'm really lazy when it comes to dailies). Considering that we can expect three new operations in the upcoming patches, I find that I don't have very much time at all to even play an alt. Then again, I'm not playing all day every day any longer.

"This game sucks, and people are quitting like crazy!"

Actually, it has 1.7 million subscribers.

"Yes, but those numbers are from before the free period ended!"

No, they are from February 1st, the day of the investor call, because they legally cannot lie during one of those.

"Just wait 3 months, you'll see! It'll be dead!"

I'm... I'm just gonna go now.

"DOOOOOOOOM!"

Tattooine had THIRTEEN PEOPLE last night. A FRIDAY NIGHT

Jung Ma is one of the more heavily populated servers.

So I want to know where those 1.7 million subscribers are at.

Our imperial fleet was down from the normal 270 + 1 more phase to 140.

Edited by Liberate

My rough estimate is 2.5M Active Subscribers

What's yours?:p

1.7million is not "now" - that was at the end of EA's last fiscal quarter.

"This game sucks, and people are quitting like crazy!"

Actually, it has 1.7 million subscribers.

"Yes, but those numbers are from before the free period ended!"

No, they are from February 1st, the day of the investor call, because they legally cannot lie during one of those.

"Just wait 3 months, you'll see! It'll be dead!"

I'm... I'm just gonna go now.

"DOOOOOOOOM!"

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Those are QUARTERLY result conferences. They are *never* about real-time numbers on any type of business. It's the results of the companies success/failure over the last quarter and what they're going to do to improve or continue.

Edited by oursacrifice

1.7million is not "now" - that was at the end of EA's last fiscal quarter.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Those are QUARTERLY result conferences. They are *never* about real-time numbers on any type of business. It's the results of the companies success/failure over the last quarter and what they're going to do to improve or continue.

So basically you haven't yet progressed passed stage 2 denial. :p

What do you have to say about the press release, dated Feb 1st that cites "active subscribers"? You know press releases are also governed by the same laws that don't allow them to lie during an investor call, right?

An even ignoring that, during the investor call they clearly stated that the numbers were from "one month since release", but you just ignore that of course because it doesn't support your ignorant argument. :)

Edited by Sandriell