NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

An average of 1 million unique users everyday, yes it certainly is looking very bleak when more than half of the subscription base logs on everyday.

I have nothing more to say to you, youve proven you cant straight up argue with me on the facts you just take your personal experience from one server and assume everything is like that because its like that for you (what a tiny mind you must have)

Obviously there are going to be some low pop servers. Im sorry you chose a **** server dude that must reallly suck but it doesnt mean that the whole outlook for the entire game and its 1.7 million subscibers is grimm. You could even just have faction imbalance on your server hence it being standard but yyour experience with it feeling empty.

Well a decent chunk will leave, it happens in any mmo. One with no endgame will lose even more. The vast majority of servers are underpopulated, that's not really up for debate (unless you are in denial, which you are) so here is a fun quote from an interview with ea:

"EA has said that the game approaches break-even with just 500,000 paying subscribers, but only to cover its ongoing costs to operate the game, not nearly enough to earn back what the company invested to create the game.

The title will begin to be meaningfully profitable above 1 million subscribers EA said."

Game is in trouble. They spent way too much money and made a mediocre mmo. It's not going to shut down obviously, but new content is going to come very slowly and they still have a ton to fix.

It's not looking good. EA is losing money, the stock is dropping. Honestly man, wake up already...

Edited by Gohlar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It boggles the mind how players expect the endgame of new MMORPGs to be fleshed out and expansive. >_>

Agreed look at WOTLK even (the last raid content i did for wow) they had naxx (rehashed content) and the sanctum with the dragon, and the wg pvp boss. Thats it, i finished that content long before ulduar came out, and they didnt even have hard modes back then but as more content and hard modes came out along with harder raiding content (which BW is planning as well, watch the interview with the end game director and total biscuit from a week or 2 ago) i suddenly wasnt getting through the content as fast and in fact i didnt even finish Grand trials of the crusader before icecrown citadel came out.

Also BW is planning on releasing a large content patch every 2 months which is at a much higher frequency then wow so they will catch up to a majority of their subscriber base very quickly. No mmo can keep up with someone that plays 8-12 hours everyday though. It just isnt possible.

Well a decent chunk will leave, it happens in any mmo. One with no endgame will lose even more. The vast majority of servers are underpopulated, that's not really up for debate (unless you are in denial, which you are) so here is a fun quote from an interview with ea:

"EA has said that the game approaches break-even with just 500,000 paying subscribers, but only to cover its ongoing costs to operate the game, not nearly enough to earn back what the company invested to create the game.

The title will begin to be meaningfully profitable above 1 million subscribers EA said."

Game is in trouble. They spent way too much money and made a mediocre mmo. It's not going to shut down obviously, but new content is going to come very slowly and they still have a ton to fix.

It's not looking good. EA is losing money, the stock is dropping. Honestly man, wake up already...

Lol i just had to respond to this, the stock dropped once when 1 analyst made a comment about subscribers that was completely unfounded, it dropped 3% the next day 2 more analysts came out with reports dismissing what analyst 1 said and the stocks rebounded and then some. Then EA released its earnings reports and subscription numbers and the stock went up 6 % . Again you are completely and utterly full of ****.

So they are in trouble because they have 1.7 million subs? I thought you just said they would break even with 500k , and they have triple that. So what your trying to say is they are doing quite well, i get it now.

lol

Look at the longer view, not the daily. The 3 month view tells a pretty clear story.

Activision blizzard over that same period

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/equity-charts?CA=0&CB=0&CC=0&CD=0&D4=1&DD=1&D5=0&DCS=2&MA0=0&MA1=0&C5=0&C5D=0&C6=0&C7=0&C7D=0&C8=0&C9=0&CF=0&D8=0&DB=0&DC=0&D9=0&DA=0&D1=0&symbol=us%3aATVI&SZ=0&PT=4

Far worse, and MW3 was one of the best selling games in history.

Whats your point yyour the one that brought up stocks, and as far as we know the ea stock is actually up based on news about swtor, down 3 % then rebounded the next day then up 6 % this week after press release.

Activision blizzard over that same period

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/equity-charts?CA=0&CB=0&CC=0&CD=0&D4=1&DD=1&D5=0&DCS=2&MA0=0&MA1=0&C5=0&C5D=0&C6=0&C7=0&C7D=0&C8=0&C9=0&CF=0&D8=0&DB=0&DC=0&D9=0&DA=0&D1=0&symbol=us%3aATVI&SZ=0&PT=4

Far worse, and MW3 was one of the best selling games in history.

Whats your point yyour the one that brought up stocks, and as far as we know the ea stock is actually up based on news about swtor, down 3 % then rebounded the next day then up 6 % this week after press release.

Your link doesn't even work there genius. And your % are all wrong.

Why am I arguing with fanboys lol.

Edited by Gohlar

Your link doesn't even work there genius.

works for me, something wrong with your internet or browser?

Actually i bet you just tried to copy and paste that link, you actually have to click on it.

The same thing would happen if i just tried to copy and paste yours.

Genius

Edited by Samborino

works for me, something wrong with your internet or browser?

"Internal Server Error "

The fail is strong with you. I'll leave you to keep telling people that their 1st hand experience is wrong and that everyone should trust you instead.

Why be a fanboy for a sinking ship? Makes no sense to me, oh well. You are in for a rude awakening lol. :D

Edited by Gohlar

1.7 million is probably what wow has now in the EU/US (it dropped massively over last year), almost all their subscriptions are in China and other parts of Asia, where TOR isn't sold or licenced.

You have to remember most MMORPGs do not have over a million members in the western world, Eve only has something like 300k and is very successful. It only bloats when you sell it to Asia, who also pay a fraction of the subscription fee we do.

Edited by NasherUK

"Internal Server Error "

The fail is strong with you. I'll leave you to keep telling people that their 1st hand experience is wrong and that everyone should trust you instead.

Why be a fanboy for a sinking ship? Makes no sense to me, oh well.

Your trying to copy and paste it. You have to actually click on it then click on the link that says its taking you away from the site

Wow.....

Your trying to copy and paste it. You have to actually click on it then click on the link that says its taking you away from the site

Wow.....

So you are even in denial about this?

I did click it. Holy crap dude you have problems! This thread hasn't gone well for you at all. :eek:

some reading for you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246560

Edited by Gohlar

Your link doesn't even work there genius. And your % are all wrong.

Why am I arguing with fanboys lol.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/electronic-arts-stock-in-danger-thanks-to-swtor-fumbles/7

Let me put this simply for you link above, showing the stock dropping by 3%

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Analyst+Says+Investor+Concerns+with+EAs+(EA)+Star+Wars+MMORPG+Overdone/7096723.html

they dropped just above 3 percent and rebounded 2.6 it went up a bit more in the days after.

Now

http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/2012/02/stock-movers-ea-up-sony-down.html

Ea shares up 7.5, so actually i was wrong on the last part ea stocks rose 7% the other day not 6.

So you are even in denial about this?

I did click it. Holy crap dude you have problems! This thread hasn't gone well for you at all. :eek:

/slowly backs out of thread

some reading for you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246560

You got thrashed on the facts, and it hasnt gone well for me.

Im pretty happy with the results, im surprised someone who doesnt like the game so much would stay in these forums and argue with a fanboy like me.

Its pretty pathetic. Im in these forums because i like this game. Why are you here? Its surely a more pathetic reason than that you certainly arent giving any constructive critiscm.

Your arguing with fanboys, now shoo troll shoo!

you guys are funny, i love reading your banter, I just looked at the servers and they look pretty reasonable it 1am to 7am in the us and i found about 7 standard servers and 1 heavy, while in europe its about noon severs were standard to heavy, which is not bad seems right with the times and everything. Just reporting what I saw, you may continue the banter haha.

you guys are funny, i love reading your banter, I just looked at the servers and they look pretty reasonable it 1am to 7am in the us and i found about 7 standard servers and 1 heavy, while in europe its about noon severs were standard to heavy, which is not bad seems right with the times and everything. Just reporting what I saw, you may continue the banter haha.

It is pretty funny. Keep in mind "standard" can mean near empty.

This game will be in a lot of trouble in the near future if they don't work on some of the aspects of the game. I am a pver and i intend to play pvp when i am bored and there is no raid.

While raiding it takes us 2-3 hours to clear everything if we are lucky, sadly we were only lucky once or twice. The raids are always buggy that we have to extend the raid by 2-3 hours. Can you imagine 2-3 more hours just because of bugs?

Not to mention the broken rakata weapons! They told us in a ticket that they would fix them in the next major patch which is going to be in march! when a new set of gear comes out, that is better than the rakata!! lol are you serious?!

Ohhh and illum! i cant even describe it! An mmo that sold over 2m copies and the promised world pvp! and illum still cant hold over 100 people without everyone crashing/dcing or having 5-15 fps

And please don't tell me the game just came out! if the company wasn't ready then why release the game? why don't you let us test illum before launch? why does EV or karaga`s palace breaks even more after every patch?

I really know a lot of people in my guild which has different branches and about 2500 people on total just unsubing because of these problems. And you think they will come back if everything is fixed? what if they are hooked on GW2? what if other people got addicted to diablo 3? then its going to be to late

Edited by Moraxes

Welp. Not going to take sides, but from MY personal experience on my server about a week ago worlds were populated(empire) around 100-200. almost never below 100 even off peak.

which to me seems dismal. with 17 planets per server...at 150 players per planet for an average... it would take 666 servers for that population....

I understand that's a rough guess at best...and numbers are different per server. but even changing them a fair amount....still comes no where close to 1.7m users. I understand there is much more that goes into the equation but that was at least a week ago.

today at 7pm. after going through all empire planets on my toon the highest was 102 which was fleet. Kaas was in 40's. and some in between planets were abysmally low! After switching to repub side, mantell had below 10. coruscant had below 20.

I fail to see numbers, that even in their dreams, come close to 1.7.

Idk its late, tired, but that's just how I've seen it. No hard facts, no complete study, just a quick observation and ponder. Not trash talking I actually like the game and have had a few join up due to seeing it in game. Could it be better? Ofcourse, we as gamers always want the best, but being a new mmo and the same as all mmo's it will lose a fairly decent size amount of people.

And on the comment saying "they will release a patch every month with new end game" blah blah blah, If you spent millions of dollars investing in something to be made, that you hope is to last, would you have done it so you, in 3 months had to turn around and work your *** off JUST to scrape by making, at best, mediocre content? this early in the game I think that looks terrible on their part. I don't believe they should have to release endgame EVERY month to keep players around a few extra days...

My 2 cents. flame it or love it thats how I see it. and of those close around me I'm not the only in this thought.