Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the color of my pre-order crystal but can't really use it at higher levels due to weaker stats.

Is there, or will there be, a way to to get a crystal that matches the color of the pre-order crystal but with better stats?

Any possibility that you will revamp leveling? What I mean is you take the same planets in the same order every time for each character you make based on the faction leveling path. This makes Leveling a 2nd or 3rd time very boring seeing the same planet over and over. Not to mention that the amount of time spent interacting with NPC quest givers outside your storyline gets old fast. Could we get 2 to 3 planets per level range and no NPC quest interaction, just grab the quest without making selections and go?

Would it be possible to add some diversity to the specs of Sentinels/Marauders? Perhaps reworking one line to have more emphasis on ranged attacks, or in some ways to distinguish the lines a bit more, since they are all essentially DPS specs.

When you made the blog post about the balancing act of what to fix, what to balance, and when; got me thinking about how the items are prioritized, as it didn't really explain that. With Warzones inviting more people than the allotted 8, and forcing them to end early, is pretty game breaking. How do you choose what is and what isn't high priority in patching?

Are you aware that you have overlooked a very basic MMO feature - the /roll function? (/roll allows guilds to fairly distribute loot using Master Looter in Hardmode Operations, without the need for a DKP system. There is no reason it shouldn't be in already.

Disclaimer: I love this game to bits, and am not taking a dig. I'm simply trying to make it very clear that people are totally baffled as to why /roll isn't already in the game. It would surely be a very easy-to-implement feature (random 1-100 number generator in chat) in a near-future patch.

Does the development team at any point plan to make the other two trees for Sentinel even remotely viable? Or if your not interested in doing an entire expertise overhaul maybe you could just take away the massive gimp on our offhand sabers so our damage makes up for our lack of tanking/healing/cc/group usefulness?

When, or can we expect a combat log implemented? I understand the slippery slope of macro's and addons or damage meters, however combat log seems like a really important part of any MMO. I Hate not having one, and I know I'm not alone.

Several other MMO's have had problems with melee characters having a disadvantage in end game activities compared to ranged characters. My experiences in-game so far have led me to feel this is the case in SW:ToR as well.

What steps are you taking to keep melee characters and classes competative with ranged classes in endgame content (pvp in particular, but pve is also subject to this as well)?

My question concerns enrage timers on bosses in all the end game. Namely why it was put in in it's present state. As in why is it that a boss can instantly 1 shot a whole group and why the timers are so short effectively turning every boss fight in the game into a (very) short timed battle?

When, approximately, will the FPS issues many are experiencing be solved?

I am talking about, specifically, the issues described in the "Horrid FPS" thread. You know, the one that has been remade probably a dozen times now.