Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the inability to gain social points and alignment points in hardmode flashpoints an intended game design or something that may be fixed in the future. As it stands it makes the higher social levels all but impossible to get unless you are grouping for the entire levelling experience on things that simply do not require a group.

I have always been a big fan of the ability to create and modify armour, weapons and other items to benefit both myself and other players.

The crafting in SWTOR however, allthough quite brilliant at first sight, seems somewhat lacking in quite a few departments. I could probably come up with a lot of questions in this regard, but I*ll settle for this one for now:

Are there any immediate plans to allow crafters to make end-game armour, weapons and other items, that can stand to be compared to at least SOME of the Flashpoint/Operation-gear?

Edited by Joseadan

I know that the upcoming patch plans to implement some UI modification options etc. I however am more interested to know if there is any talk of Ad-ons wether they be bio ware's or not for things such as Threat meters, Skada (dps, heals, cc, interrupts, etc. tracking) and or Macros, because I feel that this game will not appeal to elite gamers or at least hold their attention for long without these essentials available! Love from Canada.

Will there be an expansion on character creation? Right now the options are very limited. Half of the female hairstyles are awful looking. Zabrak tatoos should be colorable. Zabby hair and horns should be separate from each other. Twi'leks have all of six skin colors. They come in every color under the rainbow and every shade. Their lekku markings should be colorable and need to be separate from from the cosmetics. And we should be able to adjust all the facial features. You allow this in the Dragon Age games so why not here?

Will you be expanding the system so we can truly make our characters unique? And if you do will you also add in vendors that will let us change all our current characters appearances as well?

Edited by Kilikaa

Would you consider giving us the option to turn down experience points, say, in Warzones? My main has been constantly overleveled for everything, so I actually end up not PVPing or doing as many space missions as I might like for fear of greying out quests. Plus, it's no fun to steamroll half the content.

All that extra available XP will be great for an alt, but on my Imp and Repub mains, I want to see as much planet content as possible. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

What are the plans for cross-faction/neutral guild support? (e.g. shared chat channel for both sides of the same guild; or the ability to truly team up with a player of the opposing faction)

I know there are a lot of guilds with members on both sides. We're not asking for the WHOLE war to come to a halt, just where certain people are concerned. :)

Why isn't there a response yet on the numerous threads concerning the healing balance/utility issues between sorc/sage healers and the other healing classes (sorcs/sage's being currently the most versatile)

Also why hasn't there been any response after more then a month on broken talents such as medical therapy for operatives/scoundrels?

The current in-game window manager, with its system of two-windows-open & close the oldest if a new window tries to open, can lead to a great deal of frustration.

It's unintuitive in its priorities & a major cause of annoyance (i.e. when a crew mission returns & automatically closes the oldest currently open window, or when the in-game mail you're trying to attach items to is closed when you open your inventory).

Are there any plans to improve the windows manager? Can it even be improved, or is the game always going to be restricted to only two windows?

Edited by Lakhesis

As a key masher (especially in PVP), I tend to rapidly mash my hotkeys (1111 22222 33333 1111 4444 55555 etc) and it generates a lot of red error text. Would BioWare put in a set of toggles (in the same fashion as FlyText) that would let us turn off certain error text?

Have the developers thought of ways to increase viability of not only Orange Gear, but the entire mod system so that players can be free to truly customize their appearance? Perhaps by making all world drop recipes reverse engineering enabled to Orange?

Alexis

*smiles*