Petition: REMOVE THE NEED TO WIN FOR PVP QUESTS

Derity

Horrible idea, do you realize that you are promoting AFKers in WZs ?

Every change in a sociodynamic game like an mmo will have unwanted consequences. Its not A - B = C its more like A - B = ASDLKJQW(*$@#.

Yes, and regretably what took 6 weeks to destroy will likely take 6 months or more to rectify.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys seem to be overlooking the fact that we are mostly wanting this change since BW can't seem to fix the frickin daily bug. Just make it 1 win and be done with it. That way at the most it will take 5-6 wins to make that 1 finally count. Totally not even kidding right now.

I must be a special kind of crazy because I don’t care about winning or having “epic loot”. I played PVP warzone for the first time this week and having been playing this game since day one early release. One day I was playing my Operative, and I was having all kinds of fun stabbing people in the back. On another day I was playing my Sith sorcerer and I felt like I had a bulls-eye on my forehead. I got so many shotguns to the back of my head; I am stilling spitting out buck-shot.

Win or lose, I personally still had fun. Can’t a game just be about fun? It is okay to lose at a video game. We don’t need win button. And I don’t think we need an “Everybody gets a trophy” day kind of thing going on.

That doesn't work until healers get more medals for healing and tanks get more medals for doing their thing. As it stands currently DPS classes have a decided advantage in medal gathering.

I'm all for healers getting more medals. That should be done regardless of any change to daily reqs.

This is my Number 1, most annoying thing I hate about this game.

I feel like I am forced to do the daily PVP quests as the rewards are so good, but I hate the fact that you have to win matches to get it.

Why is my participation alone not enough. It should be changed to Warzone Matches Played. Some days it can take over 5 hours to get 3 wins. Not everyone has a premade PVP team.

I have played some days and my team has lost easily 10 games in a row. I usually finish in the top 3 players in each game but my participation means nothing because if the team doesnt win, the rewards *********** suck.

Please change this it's so annoying.

Yeah, everyone else sucks, but you're awesome. In an objective based WZ having high DPS is not necessarily a sign of a good player. Especially huttball.

Then don't.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

If you read through this thread a lot of people agree that the current system is flawed. Especially for the players who do not have the current requested time to invest. When enough people are against something, it is usually a sign that something needs to be changed.

I'm sure if BioWare read through this post they would notice that there are a lot of people for the change.

Ignorant statements like yours above, are really not needed here.

Anyway, I still think that 3 wins a day is far too much. Not only does it almost force everyone into what can be an extremely lengthy daily quest - it almost promotes match quitting.

I do agree that having "Play 6 Warzone Matches" could promote AFK, so a comprimise would be to have it as "Play 6 Warzone Matches or Win 2 Warzone Matches" or something similar to that would resolve the problem.

This would help lower the amount of quitters AND have a low chance of AFKers.

There are a couple points here I think.

The first is people dropping matches. I myself drop matches all the time because of the horrible idea to force people to play maps randomly. I simply refuse to play a map that I despise..in this case Huttball. That particular map causes me horrid ability delay and it simply isn't fun to click on my cryo grenade at a time when I could hold the ball handler in the flames and then a full 7 seconds later when he's off in the middle of nowhere it goes off.

So pardon me, but screw that. I'm not playing it. I think you might find a lot of different sources of warzone dropping besides just getting pummeled. Usually getting destroyed repeated causes me to just stop doing warzones for a while until I get a different mix of people. I only drop because of the random maps, and I wouldn't drop huttball if it actually worked in real time for me.

The second point is while I really don't care for hard-core pvp players and their elite attitudes, sorry..been referred to as care-bear too many times to have any tolerance for any hard core pvp'er. I have to say that I don't think non-committed pvp-ers should be given a pass on the gear.

Unfortunately, that means me too. I enjoy some pvp, but I'm not committed to it enough to be on a PVP server, nor am I in a pvp guild. I just dabble in it for fun. However, I don't really subscribe to the whole "everyone is a winner" philosophy. So the fact that it may take abnormally long to complete the pvp daily/weekly's for folks that are not commited pvp'ers....I don't have a problem with that.

I will say, that if they wanted to make a change for this, it should definitely be done by server type. PVP players that want that to be the focus should be on a PVP server. So the rules on that server should favor PVP minded people, meaning no changes or if anything harsher restrictions.

RP servers however, would be fine to soften things up for in my opinion as it's not all about PVP. If mainline pvp players chose to roll on an RP server....I'd have to say bad choice. Likewise if pvp dabblers like myself rolled on a PVP server...really bad choice.

My input anyway.

Edited by Pestwulf

If you read through this thread a lot of people agree that the current system is flawed. Especially for the players who do not have the current requested time to invest. When enough people are against something, it is usually a sign that something needs to be changed.

I did read through it. Found an awful lot of entitlement and laziness.

If you don't have the time to invest, you don't get it done. Big deal. Move on.

You still get the weekly done, and sometimes the daily takes two days.

Not the game's fault. Your fault.

No big deal.

I support this change. Make the daily require 6 completions with a bonus for any wins.

This will help stop warzone dropping and will also promote more players queuing up which lowers overall queue times.

Win-Win

Terrible idea, the rewards should be the same regardless.

Instead it should be either 3 wins or 9-12 losses for completion.

3-4 losses should count as 1 win.

This would promote the urge to win (not afk) since you would complete the mission 3-4x faster, and still give the people that are losing and actually trying some sense of completion.

Edited by Gallego

I support this change. Make the daily require 6 completions with a bonus for any wins.

This will help stop warzone dropping and will also promote more players queuing up which lowers overall queue times.

Win-Win

Terrible idea, the rewards should be the same regardless.

Instead it should be either 3 wins or 9-12 losses for completion.

3-4 losses should count as 1 win.

This would promote the urge to win (not afk) since you would complete the mission 3-4x faster, and still give the people that are losing and actually trying some sense of completion.

Edited by Gallego

This is my Number 1, most annoying thing I hate about this game.

I feel like I am forced to do the daily PVP quests as the rewards are so good, but I hate the fact that you have to win matches to get it.

Why is my participation alone not enough. It should be changed to Warzone Matches Played. Some days it can take over 5 hours to get 3 wins. Not everyone has a premade PVP team.

I have played some days and my team has lost easily 10 games in a row. I usually finish in the top 3 players in each game but my participation means nothing because if the team doesnt win, the rewards *********** suck.

Please change this it's so annoying.

You cannot be serious?