The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Sith Inquistor Changes

Laurien-Wriroh

I think you may have missed a misconception when you copy/pasted. Easy to QQ without metrics, lack of facts is a probable indication of an equal lack of skill or a recent bad warzone in all likelihood.

what was copy pasted? you are a fking idiot

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nerf shadow, buff watchman specced sentinel even though it is already considered a much more powerful spec then say ... combat..... ignore combat altogether..... IGNORE sorc / sage ownage...

IMO the dev has sorc / sage chars mostly so they just do not want to do any nerf to those.

Really, this is pathetic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Bioware was against hybrid specs and would balance/change talent trees around the idea of using pure specs.

If that is 100% true, then there is really absolutely nothing to complain about since it was their intention all along. I wish I could find that post though... if it really does exist.

I will agree that if people see these hybrid specs for the Assassin/Shadow as the only way to play their character, then Bioware needs to do something about weak 31 point talents for this advanced class. Pretty sure Powertechs/Vanguards are on the same boat as far as using hybrid specs.

Its not just Assassins, its Shadows as well. These changes are idiotic to say the least. Don't nerf sorcs but nerf assassins/shadows who already get lit up like christmas trees. Don't bother addressing real problems in the game, just spin the wheel randomly and nerf a class is what they seem to be doing because the classes that are wrecking **** are being left alone. Edited by Anduiin

Personally I don't play an Assassin so I can't speak to the changes, but I find it interesting that out of every class, Sorcerer / Sage is complained about more than anything else, and it's basically the only class that didn't recieve any changes.

Patch notes made me giggle. They took an already not too popular class nobody complained about, and nerfed the heck out of its hybrid specs. Woo. Good thinking. Meanwhile, Sorcerers and Mercs, classes everyone plays and there's tons of complaints about continue to do what they do.

You know, I have a sinking suspicion devs are all playing Sorcerers and Mercs. It's just too obvious now. Operatives wrecked both - nerf Operatives.

I said this to my guildmates. Theres no reason this stuff is coming in unless the higher devs who control what gets changed actually play the OP classes and don't want them changed. No other explanation to this kind of nerf.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Bioware was against hybrid specs and would balance/change talent trees around the idea of using pure specs.

If that is 100% true, then there is really absolutely nothing to complain about since it was their intention all along. I wish I could find that post though... if it really does exist.

I will agree that if people see these hybrid specs for the Assassin/Shadow as the only way to play their character, then Bioware needs to do something about weak 31 point talents for this advanced class. Pretty sure Powertechs/Vanguards are on the same boat as far as using hybrid specs.

Thing is, IF they are against hybrid scpec ... why the heck do we have 10 extra skill points to spend on other skill trees? ( i mean ofter we get to the top of 1 skill tree at lvl 40). Surem you can invest some into the same tree but in most cases you dont. Besides, for shadows that was a compromise between an aoe/slow and reduced cost on project. THat is hardly smth gamebreaking.

It is not that these changes make the game unplayable or break the class altogether, oh no. WHat saddens me (and many others) is the fact that BW is seemingl avoiding some burning issues (that lots of ppl point at in many many threads) and instead go for some weird nerfs / corrections that just do not make any sense.

Thing is, IF they are against hybrid scpec ... why the heck do we have 10 extra skill points to spend on other skill trees? ( i mean ofter we get to the top of 1 skill tree at lvl 40). Surem you can invest some into the same tree but in most cases you dont. Besides, for shadows that was a compromise between an aoe/slow and reduced cost on project. THat is hardly smth gamebreaking.

It is not that these changes make the game unplayable or break the class altogether, oh no. WHat saddens me (and many others) is the fact that BW is seemingl avoiding some burning issues (that lots of ppl point at in many many threads) and instead go for some weird nerfs / corrections that just do not make any sense.

You got what a hybrid spec is all wrong. A hybrid spec is when you do not go very deep or fully into the final point of the talent tree. Going 31 points into 1 tree and then 10 points into one of the others is NOT a hybrid spec.

Personally I don't play an Assassin so I can't speak to the changes, but I find it interesting that out of every class, Sorcerer / Sage is complained about more than anything else, and it's basically the only class that didn't recieve any changes.

But they did. They were buffed. Death Field / Force in Balance now heals the user for 1% max health per target hit, which is much higher than before.

You got what a hybrid spec is all wrong. A hybrid spec is when you do not go very deep or fully into the final point of the talent tree. Going 31 points into 1 tree and then 10 points into one of the others is NOT a hybrid spec.

Oh I do understand what a HS is. In fact i enjoyed playing with the one on shadow a lot (kinetic / inf mix with no slow time etc). What i meant is you already have 10 skill points to spend on other trees (basically you go to lvl 2 skills). Ppl sacrificed top ranking abilities to get to lvl 3 skills (and sometimes lvl 4). But that was usually a tradeoff. So why break that?

BioWare considering Shadows/Assassins using hybrid builds an issue that needs fixing with high priority is...surprising.

In the current state only Kinetic is viable as pure spec imo and at least on the servers I play on very very few Shadows use that ( easy to recognize the Kinetic Barrier gfx ). Unless the other trees are patched up quickly these changes will probably mean an already low population class will go extinct almost completely.

This is what happens when you let a company that has never done an mmo before hire failures from Mythic to design pvp. This crap doesnt surprise me at all.

I give it 6 months before pvp is so stale and watered down people wont even play it.

Totally Agree. They nerf Assassin cose they use similar mechanic as Scoundrel (stealth) and ofc we all known Mythic fix game for forum whiners who dont known how to deal with (mele/stealth class). Soon this game going to be another Warhammer. They should rename the game to Sage Wars.

Edited by xkanne

Next on the nerf hammer is the assasin, and after that mercenaries, and after that snipers, and after that powertechs, and after that operatives, after that the entire sith warrior class and after that sorcers... cycle just keeps going and going. Neverending cycle of nerfs.

Right now assassins have no real survivability other than mitigating some damage and running.... they have no real burst, just a few abilities that hit for about half of what other classes can hit for.... They get a little utility if specced for tanking but it is a horrible spec unless you are actually tanking pve....

People complain about assassins the LEAST out of anything...

Just tonight I'm getting slammed for half my 15k hp in 2 seconds by warriors, trying to kill immortal commandos that can ignore me and still throw out heals to their team, getting worn down in seconds by 2 dots and a single ability spam of sages/sorcerers... but THIS is what BW is worried about?... that assassins could get some usefulness out of speccing into more than one tree? It isn't even "the" spec, it is just a choice.

I'm getting hammered by CC, slows, knockbacks and all kinds of unfair ranged advantages in pvp while I watch warriors just fight through it. I am getting my *** kicked in pve by boss fights that cater to ranged while punishing both the player and the group for being melee.

At this point everyone in the game might as well roll a BH/Tropper and actually be effective in the content this game has produced. Why not be insanely hard to kill with ridiculous damage, or get heals and ridiculous defense all while getting ranged damage so you can ignore 90% of boss mechanics?

Don't punish your players for playing the game.

why are they nerfing a gimped class LOL

bioware are utter morons assasins/shadows are bad enough as it is to play with what they are already lacking in.

i love my assasin, my double bladed tooth pick is awsome. i poke my targets with it for them to turn around and 1 shot me because of my robes that are made of toilet paper.

bioware: yes we will balance the game by nerfing all the underpowerd class's so they will be utter useless and buff all the overpowerd clas's even more so, yes *sniffs finger* we have balanced the game *feeds the devs a banana*

why are they nerfing a gimped class LOL

bioware are utter morons assasins/shadows are bad enough as it is to play with what they are already lacking in.

i love my assasin, my double bladed tooth pick is awsome. i poke my targets with it for them to turn around and 1 shot me because of my robes that are made of toilet paper.

bioware: yes we will balance the game by nerfing all the underpowerd class's so they will be utter useless and buff all the overpowerd clas's even more so, yes *sniffs finger* we have balanced the game *feeds the devs a banana*

LMAO

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters

So they buff Watchman/Annihilation which destroy me as a tank (!), nerf Shadows/Sins who I don't really feel very strong as I play one and I've played against some and leave Sorcs untouched.

I'm not complaining but this is just hilarious.

Well to be fair, one of the Watchman/Annihilation buffs is a actually just a bug fix. But yeah. I play a Sentinel and a Shadow and this is just... I mean aside from bug fixes, about the only thing that makes sense in those notes is that sprint presists through death.

(On top of that, I'm sure there'll be more Sentinel/Marauder buffs incoming anyway since there's so much forum QQ about the class being "bad"...)

Edited by dannythefool

Looks to me like they are buffing madness, doing a bug fix, and making it harder to hybrid Deception and Darkness... odd on that last bit. Don't fully understand it, but its not something that strikes me as a HUGE issue, but a bit of one. The talents at the low end of a talent tree at the very least should be useful to any spec, for ALL classes, not just the ones lacking stances.