Why people reroll 1-49 for pvp

ProJarrod

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They where too bad to handle the other level 50s so they had to go and try there luck finding some bads at lower levels.

Hi,

I'm lvl 50 and I need BM gear to make me feel special. In fact, I suck so much that I NEED BM gear BADLY to kill ANYONE.

See? I can play this game too. :)

I did because once I get my 2 bm bags a day there is little reason to keep pvping at 50.

if you have no fun in the 50 bracket then why gear a 50?

In fact, if you have no fun in pvp why pvp?

Yes, the dailies / weeklies set me targets, but I personally play the game for fun.

No, they do it because:

- the 1-49 queues pop MUCH faster than the 50 queue.

- people leave the warzones much less often in the 1-49 bracket (because it's not all about grinding wins in wz's for dailies)

- there's no wow kids running around with 30% expertise in the 1-49 bracket

- there's much less premades in the 1-49 bracket

- the battles are closer in the 1-49 bracket

- a level 10 can kill a level 49 in the 49 bracket but a level 50 with 0 expertise has zero chance of killing a full bm player of equal skill.

- there's no ilum in the 1-49 bracket

- there's no grinding bags in the 1-49 bracket

- dailies are winning 1 match in the 1-49 bracket not 3 like the 50 bracket.

Should i go on? Seriously why would anyone ding 50?

Edited by Evuke

if you have no fun in the 50 bracket then why gear a 50?

In fact, if you have no fun in pvp why pvp?

Yes, the dailies / weeklies set me targets, but I personally play the game for fun.

I don't think that's what he meant.

No matter when you PvP, whether it's in the 50s bracket or not, there will be some kind of mismatching going on. In the 50s bracket, it's gear. In the sub-50s bracket, it's access to abilities. Which you think is more fair or fun is a matter of preference.

People are leaving the 50's bracket and re-rolling characters so that they can continue to PVP in the 1-49 Brackets.

Lets really think about what that means.

It means that people would rather do the PVE grind AGAIN then put up with being the equivalent of being grey mobs in WZs who's purpose seems to be to entertain no one but the people who are lucky enough to have more free time or unlucky enough to simply have no life who get to kill you over and over again.

It means that PVP is MORE exciting when your adrenaline is pumping because you are in a pitched battle with someone who does the same damage and takes the same damage you do and it really comes down to quick thinking, reflexes and strategy that you EARNED through practice rather then because you have a statistical advantage over your opponent. Where the timing of every shot counts. And obviously that is going to be more exciting then losing simply because your opponent hits far harder and takes far less damage.

Gear based "PVP" is not a test of a player vs a player unless people really think that because someone was able to do more repetitive tasks over and over again because they don't have kids, or a job or a life (Or simply are willing to sacrifice those things they should be spending more time on) is somehow something that people can be tested for and be lauded as if they "accomplished" something.

The grind olympics? Is that something you want to be remembered for? You were better at wasting more time in your life then someone else so you "win"?

If we are going to have brackets, I think we should have a bracket where Expertise is shut off. ESPECIALLY if you are thinking E-sport. And ESPECIALLY if you are going to have a PVP rating system.

I have a feeling that bracket would be far more populated.

At level 13 with skill I can beat level 49's without.. and thats how it should be.

At level 50, I cannot beat a level 50 with gear despite skill... this is not how it should be.

Simple.

50 Bracket is broken because of Gear. And even worse, because of gear obtained through leeching and exploits... so Leeching/Exploits > Skill as a new 50.

Hence I am on my 3rd char, retiring my Sniper and Sorc.

No matter when you PvP, whether it's in the 50s bracket or not, there will be some kind of mismatching going on. In the 50s bracket, it's gear. In the sub-50s bracket, it's access to abilities. Which you think is more fair or fun is a matter of preference.

What makes the 10-49 bracket fun for me is that I can choose to level a character from 20 to 49 in warzones and I will feel competitive and constructive all the time. Access to abilities can make a large difference, but in my experience, knowing how to play your class is worth so much more.

But the other points mentioned above also stand, people behave completely differently in the 10-49 bracket. You don't need to farm as many wins, you don't really need to farm medals either (I don't and my current character is capped out at everything relevant at level 37 and has all the level 40 gear, a bunch of expertise enhancements from weapons, a champion bag, 1000/1000 comms, and the valor rank is capped at character level).

So we're all agreed, if they introduced an XP lock, no one would ever PvP in the 50 bracket. But wait, then we're limited to warzones.. Screw that.

What if..WHAT IF...they removed the 50 bracket and made bolster account for at least some expertise? This way, gear still matters for world and Ilum PvP, but the warzones (which we do to grind, let's face it) are balanced. Fact is, gear would still make a difference in warzones because at 50 you could have 50 purples, whereas the bolstered guys are more like 50 greens/blues, particularly if their gear isn't 100% up to date.

I don't like the idea of removing expertise entirely unless the PvP gear gets a decent buff in stats to make it worth having over the PvE gear. I think the real problem is the way PvP gear was acquired, not the Expertise stat itself.

Edited by Absit

I think we all agree, the majority of players who are willing to come to these forums and complain about the 50s bracket are the baddies who reroll.

You're right. I rerolled from having full PvP gear on the zerging side to play the underpopulated side because I'm a baddie.

I think it's more accurate to say that people defending this are the zerging side carebears who just want easy mode.

You're right. I rerolled from having full PvP gear on the zerging side to play the underpopulated side because I'm a baddie.

I think it's more accurate to say that people defending this are the zerging side carebears who just want easy mode.

Your right I want ez mode so I don't reroll to the low level bracket where everyone is a noob at the game and you only have limited potential in use of abilities :(, i'm guessing you rerolled because you had too many hotkeys and wanted less abilities.

Edited by ProJarrod

I rerolled to go Republic. Left my 50 BH behind that was wearing Expertise gear save for 3 pieces.

I look forward to hitting 50 and getting into that bracket. Sure it will stink to get beat up for a while, but I'll just take my come up ins and deal with it.

At level 13 with skill I can beat level 49's without.. and thats how it should be.

50 Brackets takes a bit of grinding, but you cant join with crappy 4x gear or blue mods, just go to AH and buy all the epic ****, dont buy useless speeders do this instead.

So if you fight a full champion/centurion he will have 20% advantage at most, 10% less and doing more damage.

Then its just a matter of time to get expertise its not that hard, but this game is full of QQ.

They call skill killing unexperienced people...Because that's the only reasson that a lvl 13 could kill a 49.

Edited by Paralassa
content

No, they do it because:

- the 1-49 queues pop MUCH faster than the 50 queue.

- people leave the warzones much less often in the 1-49 bracket (because it's not all about grinding wins in wz's for dailies)

- there's no wow kids running around with 30% expertise in the 1-49 bracket

- there's much less premades in the 1-49 bracket

- the battles are closer in the 1-49 bracket

- a level 10 can kill a level 49 in the 49 bracket but a level 50 with 0 expertise has zero chance of killing a full bm player of equal skill.

- there's no ilum in the 1-49 bracket

- there's no grinding bags in the 1-49 bracket

- dailies are winning 1 match in the 1-49 bracket not 3 like the 50 bracket.

Should i go on? Seriously why would anyone ding 50?

QFT.

1-49 = FUN

50+ = Not Fun

Your right I want ez mode so I don't reroll to the low level bracket where everyone is a noob at the game and you only have limited potential in use of abilities :(, i'm guessing you rerolled because you had too many hotkeys and wanted less abilities.

Did you miss the part where I had full BM already?

But keep talking out of your ***, buddy. Meanwhile, keep telling yourself you have mad skillz picking up all those armaments with 50 other imperials around you. **** got boring, which was why I rerolled.

Am I going to make another alt when I hit 50? No. Because stomping baddies like you when I inevitably do get geared up will make me laugh. That being said, I find no joy in stomping people who have 10k less health than me, do less damage to me and to whom I do 20% more damage.

Edited by Asnine

I rerolled to go Republic. Left my 50 BH behind that was wearing Expertise gear save for 3 pieces.

I look forward to hitting 50 and getting into that bracket. Sure it will stink to get beat up for a while, but I'll just take my come up ins and deal with it.

Topic is meant for those who want to pvp only at 1-49 so they rerolled rather then pvp at 50.

I reroll and play lower pvp because it's actually fun. I can beat a level 49 with just my skill, or I can get beaten by a level 13 b/c of his skill.

This is how fun PvP should be.

Ya level 13, outplayed you with those 5 skills he must of LOS'd you, did a barrel roll and then pooped on your chest.

Edited by ProJarrod

They where too bad to handle the other level 50s so they had to go and try there luck finding some bads at lower levels.

Or they do it to face players that didn't use exploits or loop-sided factions to gain gear twice as fast :p

On my Server lvl 50 PvP means getting steamrolled by groups with 5-7 Socs in Valor 60+ Gear. 1-49 is a whole different story tho, i think i lost 2-3 games from lvl 10 to 40, and those mostly due to 2+ afk bots.